Who would you like as new DCFC owner?

therealhantsram

Who would you like as new DCFC owner?  

288 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

37 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

There was a suggestion a few months back that Rooney was picking up the tab for overnight stays at £3,500 a pop. If that's the 'rate' it would take 350 years to build up a £30m debt.

Very hard to believe that last paragraph. There aren't THAT many large hotel chains and I'm sure that if we had a long-overdue bill running into 6/7 figures with any of them, we'd have been repelling W/U orders every week for the last couple of years.

Still, if it proves to be true, then I will (un)happily eat my wprds.

18 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

https://pe-insights.com/news/2021/07/14/david-teppers-next-play-private-equity-with-a-side-of-sports/ 

An interesting article about Andalusian Private Capital, Tepper's private equity firm.

" A person familiar with the firm’s plans said Andalusian’s equity investment would range from $100m to $500m. In addition to investments in the sports industry — along with technology and media companies — the firm has an affiliate called Andalusian Sports Partners, according to the filing. The company will provide sports-related advisory services and management services to “certain sports-focused investment funds”. "

Hmmmmm.

With Glick having been at the City Group, he will have seen the advantages to having multiple clubs worldwide.

If Tepper owns Charlotte FC, they could purchase players that we then loan, a perfect way to get around p&s.

Not saying it is David Tepper, but seeing as Appleby and Glick know each other very well, it isn't as far fetched as it sounds 

17 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Oh, oh, oh, I do hope Sam Rush is involved. It would be great to have a couple more years of Sam is great, Sam you are the man, Sam gets his man, etc. type of quotes. I really have missed his fan club posting on here.

Come on Sam. Parking space at PP available.

parking reverse GIF

I had to do the reverse of that to get out of a parking space on Fourth Avenue, Hove, the last time I was in Brighton. 

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

It's those minibars in the hotel rooms. That's how they get you.

I stayed at this place a few years ago.

grand-hotel-amrath-kurhaus.jpg.cbdcc5886aa4b38d954c534d638f319d.jpg

The minibar was free, and stocked with copious amounts of Belgian and Dutch beers, as well as wines and spirit miniatures. It was also re-stocked daily.

If it can't be a local billionaire then I'd welcome an owner from overseas although not one linked to less desirable nations like Saudi Arabia or China. 

Maybe somewhere that has a largely untapped football mad market in terms of the English game. A place which, with excellent marketing, Derby County could become their English team to follow and we'd hopefully benefit commercially in terms of shirt sales, tv deals etc.

I'm thinking Japan. 

36 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Very hard to believe that last paragraph. There aren't THAT many large hotel chains and I'm sure that if we had a long-overdue bill running into 6/7 figures with any of them, we'd have been repelling W/U orders every week for the last couple of years.

Still, if it proves to be true, then I will (un)happily eat my wprds.

They did have a tie up with IHG hotels a few years back, Derby fans supposedly could get special rates but in reality it was just normal members rates. Radio Derby staff would also stay there. Lots of staff stayed at the Holiday in Wembley. I have also stayed at Marriott hotels when the players have been there. Two of the biggest hotel chains in the world, but £30 million would be a lot of room service ?

2 hours ago, S8TY said:

Ok ...I.ve never been one to say I'm ITK as I'm not but a good friend of mine was out with someone this weekend who is heavily involved as part of admin team and because my mate knows I'm a Ram got some interesting bits of info after a few beers apparently.

Not loads of info and maybe some is known or old news  but thought I'd share anyway

The debt is 105m and there are at least 6 parties very interested in taking over and looks promising ...

Mike Ashley is 100 per cent one of those interested parties what i did find hard to believe was he said that 30m was owed to large chains of hotels for accomodation / hospitality /  away trips etc which seems excessive but says has built up over many years .....also said the club has been run very poorly but think we already know that

A few beers...how many??

22 minutes ago, Topram said:

anyone see out?

It could simply be a contractor, I notice the tvs were on last night in the concourse, it could be whoever sorted those out, especially if they were chatting to Owen.

I can't belive prospective buyers, who are remaining quiet, would be shown round whilst fans are everywhere.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It could simply be a contractor, I notice the tvs were on last night in the concourse, it could be whoever sorted those out, especially if they were chatting to Owen.

I can't belive prospective buyers, who are remaining quiet, would be shown round whilst fans are everywhere.

But they were,  we know that.

14 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Radio Derby said they were there shortly after the start