Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

This Steve Gibson guy seems crazy and vindictive. Looking forward to him paying all of DCFCs court costs. Derby County have been punished. He can't prove Boro would have achieved the playoffs if Derby had used different accountancy principles (if this is to do with stadium sale- its even worse as this has been cleared as fair/legal) and is purposely trying to string this out to ensure DCFC is relegated or liquidated. I hope he gets put in his place soon. Same for Wycombe owner. 

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm not sure any waters ran on that for about 15 years. It kind of doubles up as an outside urinal when the pubs kick it and there's a walk to the taxis nowadays.

Yeah it’s been a while since it was actually working, I remember back in the day seeing many a person being chucked in it on a night out after rolling out of Jackie Stamps. 

Sympathy to the gentleman & about what happened to his daughter/what she had to endure.

On the subject on Boro & Gibson, Reading finished 7th last season & so avoided any of the controversy we are currently embroiled in, Bournemouth finishing 6th. However, it was the 3rd placed side who won promotion, in our case it was the 5th placed side, Villa. It'd be interesting to find out statistically how often the 6th placed side won promotion via the PO.

Browsing wikepedia, which lists the play-offs from West Ham winning in 2005, the eventual winners placing was:

3rd/8x

4th/3x

5th/4x

6th/2x, 2005 & 2010/Blackpool

Similarly with the runners-ups

3rd/5x (making 13x finalists)

4th/6x (making 9x finalists)

5th/4x (making 8x finalists)

6th/2x (making 4x finalists)

So practically half of the sides who finished 3rd since 2005 have gone on to win promotion, including ourselves. If Mr Gibson thinks that we denied his Boro side promotion, he is being facetious, as they would have had to win through three games to achieve this, & face the side in the final who beat his team comprehensively 3-0 home & away, their worse defeats of the season. Factor in, no side since 2010 finishing 6th has gone on to win the play-offs & only two have reached the final since, one of them Lampard's team in 2019, the one under question. That's 13% in 17 play-offs. 13x the side finishing 3rd has go on to participate at Wembley in 17 seasons.

I wish we would employ lawyers who would argue our case more firmly/forcefully. 

16 minutes ago, Asanovic70 said:

Sympathy to the gentleman & about what happened to his daughter/what she had to endure.

On the subject on Boro & Gibson, Reading finished 7th last season & so avoided any of the controversy we are currently embroiled in, Bournemouth finishing 6th. However, it was the 3rd placed side who won promotion, in our case it was the 5th placed side, Villa. It'd be interesting to find out statistically how often the 6th placed side won promotion via the PO.

Browsing wikepedia, which lists the play-offs from West Ham winning in 2005, the eventual winners placing was:

3rd/8x

4th/3x

5th/4x

So practically half of the sides who finished 3rd since 2005 have gone on to win promotion, including ourselves. If Mr Gibson thinks that we denied his Boro side promotion, he is being facetious, as they would have had to win through three games to achieve this, & face the side in the final who beat his team comprehensively 3-0 home & away, their worse defeats of the season. Factor in, no side since 2010 finishing 6th has gone on to win the play-offs & only two have reached the final since, one of them Lampard's team in 2019, the one under question. That's 13% in 17 play-offs. 13x the side finishing 3rd has go on to participate at Wembley in 17 seasons.

Agree. If Gibson had purely gone for gate receipts & tv money of playoff semi final then it would be more credulous.

If the EFL don’t sort this pathetic nonsense out then we will know exactly where they stand. I think we need to start our case against Villa and QPR. Also Liverpool for failing to control their fans costing us a place in Europe in 1989. Obviously Charlton will sue for the ball bursting in the 1946 FA cup final so that game might need replaying. Fulham will sue for the game in 1983 which is fair enough. Can someone find Paul Emson and Mick Brolly for the replayed game that needs to take place? Perhaps we can have a reset and play every game since 1945 to make sure that all is above board.

Poor Gibson. He wanted Waghorn so badly that when he was available on a free this summer he wasn’t interested. It’s a crying shame isn’t it. It’s Coventry I feel sorry for. Having signed Pickering, Coop, Konjic and Powell from them, the case against them is pretty clear cut and could bankrupt them. I would instruct the lawyers straight away.

Football is dead if the EFL don’t put these whining losers back in their box. The contempt I feel for them has no bounds.

Edited by Steve Buckley’s Dog
Spelt Paul Emson’s name wrong which might result in a further points deduction

Getting very bothered about this now. By trying to involve the EFL Gibson is making it a football matter. If I remember correctly football matters have to be settled 100% before sanctions are lifted. If correct even if it goes to court, which will take months and months, if it is seen as a footballing matter sanctions will not be lifted until the court case us settled. Gibson has had us under sanctions with his claim that the stadium was over valued and he lost but we suffered. Don't want the same happening again or nobody will buy us. Doubt the the EFL will back either side just in case that the damages are made payable by them like they should be if Wycombe have a case

10 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

If the EFL don’t sort this pathetic nonsense out then we will know exactly where they stand. I think we need to start our case against Villa and QPR. Also Liverpool for failing to control their fans costing us a place in Europe in 1989. Obviously Charlton will sue for the ball bursting in the 1946 FA cup final so that game might need replaying. Fulham will sue for the game in 1983 which is fair enough. Can someone find Paul Emson and Mick Brolly for the replayed game that needs to take place? Perhaps we can have a reset and play every game since 1945 to make sure that all is above board.

Poor Gibson. He wanted Waghorn so badly that when he was available on a free this summer he wasn’t interested. It’s a crying shame isn’t it. It’s Coventry I feel sorry for. Having signed Pickering, Coop, Konjic and Powell from them, the case against them is pretty clear cut and could bankrupt them. I would instruct the lawyers straight away.

Football is dead if the EFL don’t put these whining losers back in their box. The contempt I feel for them has no bounds.

Could we try and get our £3m back from Sheffield United under the trades description for selling us Claud Davis?

9 hours ago, Asanovic70 said:

3rd/8x

4th/3x

5th/4x

So using some actual  facts rather then Gibson bookie odds, it would seem that typically a side finishing sixth has a less than 10% chance of getting promoted.

But this wasn't a typical season. For a start Boro didn't finish sixth. They were on a terrible run of form. Leeds and Villa both have been promoted and stayed up unlike most other promoted teams. So I think 20-1 or worse would be a fair estimate. Except there is no guarantee Boro would have finished sixth even if we were found to have gained an unfair advantage.  So really the odds of them having got promoted are very slim indeed. 

19 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Ooh... Go Global... I like it!  ?

I'm thinking Juventus.  I'm thinking The Italian FA.  I'm thinking the German Referees Society*.  Be nice to get a claim settled in Euros!  Wouldn't come much more "Big Club" than that!  ?

*That might not be the technical term, but you know what I mean!  ?

17 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Getting very bothered about this now. By trying to involve the EFL Gibson is making it a football matter. If I remember correctly football matters have to be settled 100% before sanctions are lifted. If correct even if it goes to court, which will take months and months, if it is seen as a footballing matter sanctions will not be lifted until the court case us settled. Gibson has had us under sanctions with his claim that the stadium was over valued and he lost but we suffered. Don't want the same happening again or nobody will buy us. Doubt the the EFL will back either side just in case that the damages are made payable by them like they should be if Wycombe have a case

Can’t say that I remember reading that anywhere.

This isn’t even a debt (yet) let alone a football debt. Also, it’s not a case being taken against us by the EFL themselves.

I really don’t see how this case could or should delay the lifting of sanctions but it does worry me that a potential buyer might, understandably, want it resolved before taking over.

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Can’t say that I remember reading that anywhere.

This isn’t even a debt (yet) let alone a football debt. Also, it’s not a case being taken against us by the EFL themselves.

I really don’t see how this case could or should delay the lifting of sanctions but it does worry me that a potential buyer might, understandably, want it resolved before taking over.

If the new owner is Mike Ashley or someone similar (business experience wise) which I am guessing they are/ will be.

They will see these spurious claims as laughable as the rest of the planet. 

1/ Gibson has no case whatsoever, (can he sue the National Lottery because he didn’t win the jackpot because someone bought an extra ticket more than him) ?.

2/ Wycombe neither have any claim against us as it was The EFL that didn’t apply the 9 points deduction last season and not DCFC. 

Neither of these “debts/charges” have a cat in hells chance of binding onto DCFC & that is why I don’t see this putting off Mike Ashley or anyone else.

In actual fact I wouldn’t be surprised if the new owners don’t put a counter claim against both these charlatans and the EFL for restricting our business practices for the last 2 years. We could even see a challenge to eradicate our 9 point deduction if these morons persist with both their extremely tenuous claims.

So in short Gibson and Wycombe, get back to your miserable little lives and take your pathetic grievances and shove em when the ☀️ don’t shine.

COYR ????????

Edited by GboroRam
Edited for decency

1 hour ago, I know nuffin said:

I think the second point should settle your worries, Gibson can only be trying to get the EFL involved if he thinks he's struggling to win and as you say, they won't back them on this.....

The EFL if they had any sense at all won't touch this with a 10ft pole as it'd be like opening Pandora's box. At the end of the day the claims are utterly baseless and devoid of all merit. The club has been punished by the governing body and further claims about possibilities in regards to positions of past seasons are nothing more than a shakedown by 2 embittered owners. Our accounting manipulations didn't make Middlesborough lose the last 6 games of the season or make Wycombe suck until the last 10 games either. The bookies odds compensation claim is just the cherry on top of the loser sundae as far as I'm concerned that highlights how ludicrous it all is. 

This is Extortion plain and simple. There is an implied threat (our liquidation) if we do not pay up. I know I express a biassed view, of course, as I love this Club, but I cannot think of a comparable act by any Club against another, in the history of football in this country, that bares comparison to what Boro is doing.....they must be so proud of themselves.

As for the EFL to sit silently by as this happens within the organisation they are supposed to govern, is equally contemptable, shameful, disgusting, or worse......lacking impartiality.

1 hour ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Perhaps we can have a reset and play every game since 1945 to make sure that all is above board.

This is a given, it has to be done now we’ve got VAR. imagine how results could have been different. 

based on this, of course, we’d have to reset all the leagues to how they were back then. Which league were Boro in in 1945?

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

So using some actual  facts rather then Gibson bookie odds, it would seem that typically a side finishing sixth has a less than 10% chance of getting promoted.

But this wasn't a typical season. For a start Boro didn't finish sixth. They were on a terrible run of form. Leeds and Villa both have been promoted and stayed up unlike most other promoted teams. So I think 20-1 or worse would be a fair estimate. Except there is no guarantee Boro would have finished sixth even if we were found to have gained an unfair advantage.  So really the odds of them having got promoted are very slim indeed. 

To be fair they had overcome 6 defeats in a row and had won 5 of their last 6. Still wasnt enough nor changes the fact of the previous results vs Villa & Leeds