Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

23 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I think I get it now, Gibson’s plan. If he can win a case against us, then he can sue villa next. If he can claim that neither or is villa should’ve been in the play offs that year, then he’s just a one off game against Leeds away from the premier league, and I’m sure he find a reason to sue them too. 

Not sure why we didn’t try this tactic years ago. Just sue everyone who finishes above you in the league. It could even work this season for us. If we can just sue Barnsley, Peterborough and Cardiff, we’re free and clear. 

We could sue all the other clubs for never playing any games - Barnsley have had Wednesdays game postponed against Stoke due to injuries and maybe some covid - why are we the only ones playing youngsters? (Apart from its all we have and they they are better than what they replaced)

3 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

From the above link: Middlesbrough FC reveal record £35m losses as club's finances hit by covid-19 pandemic

While I've literally no interest in seeing Boro fans put though the wringer the way us Rams fans have been,  I can't help but feel a little Schadenfreude at seeing wee Stevie Gibson taking a hit or two.

Also puts Morris' claim that Covid was a major factor in our downfall in perspective. I fear Derby, Bristol and Boro are just the tip of the iceberg too. A hard re-set for football in general may well follow and hope that the absurd wage demands of both some players and their grasping agents will now be bought into sharp focus. Tough times ahead then, but perhaps some good can come from them. Perhaps also, some vocal Boro fans might view our plight in a somewhat different light.

Edited by angieram
Typos

4 hours ago, Indy said:

Might be wrong, but I think it was a £4m loss in three consecutive periods (so 3 points x3). Again - this means we are punished three times for one breach and assumes we would not have addressed the loss in the first period at the time if that had been apparent. 

Not heard of that before, I though it was just £39m over 3 seasons, which we don't appear to have breached when the stadium sale is included. The administrators seem to have taken the view that they'll take the 9 points to get the EFL off our backs as we're probably heading for relegation anyway, and it smooths the way for the sale of the club. If that's true then Boro and Wycombe have even less of a case. 

4 hours ago, Indy said:

Might be wrong, but I think it was a £4m loss in three consecutive periods (so 3 points x3). Again - this means we are punished three times for one breach and assumes we would not have addressed the loss in the first period at the time if that had been apparent. 

12 minutes ago, Bad Sheep said:

Not heard of that before, I though it was just £39m over 3 seasons, which we don't appear to have breached when the stadium sale is included. The administrators seem to have taken the view that they'll take the 9 points to get the EFL off our backs as we're probably heading for relegation anyway, and it smooths the way for the sale of the club. If that's true then Boro and Wycombe have even less of a case. 

People need to read my posts ? 

The post below is an amazing (estimated) breakdown, which shows we made losses greater than £4m in more than just 3 seasons.
The final penalty was for 3 failed periods (2014-2017, 2016-2019 and 2017-2021), so 3 breaches. Based on precedent, those 3 failed periods should have seen us deducted 17 points.

Note, this was WITH the stadium sale included.

On 17/11/2021 at 09:51, Ghost of Clough said:

I imagine the club and EFL know.

It appears the Covid year isn't accounted for, so no punishments or adjustments made for the relevant years.
Adjusting my figures slightly to suit would give something like this:

image.png.9b864f60515b0f89561028e5bcc73840.png

14/15 = -£5.60m
15/16 = -£22.12m
16/17 = -£19.04m
17/18 = -£2.12m
18/19 = -£35.60m
19/20 = -£35.00m
20/21 = -£16.68m

I haven't seen anywhere that any media outlets such as Talksport, Sky and especially Derbyshire Live have interviewed Gibson as to his justifications for his frivolous claim. There's a story there that needs telling and obvious questions that need asking such as;

What is his motivation, if it was to actually get the money back, surely he should be taking action against Villa and other clubs promoted to the Premier and have actually got the funds to pay him?

Does he feel that every team that has missed out on promotion over the years should have a claim against other clubs in breach of ffp?

Should relegated teams who have had points taken off them by the same teams should also be able to claim?

Should he resign his position on the league board as there is a conflict of interests?

Maybe some of you could think of a few more questions, you'd like to ask him.

40 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

People need to read my posts ? 

The post below is an amazing (estimated) breakdown, which shows we made losses greater than £4m in more than just 3 seasons.
The final penalty was for 3 failed periods (2014-2017, 2016-2019 and 2017-2021), so 3 breaches. Based on precedent, those 3 failed periods should have seen us deducted 17 points.

Note, this was WITH the stadium sale included.

I was just going to suggest that someone read your previous posts on the matter!

35 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Interesting I think that even the claim of victims of abuse by a Man City employee for the employers failure to look after juniors has failed in court. You would think that would be rock solid causation (in part) for the actions of an employee. But City somehow have dodged that bullet. Boro literally have no case. 

From what I understand from this case it was the length of time between the events and the victims bringing a case against Man City which was the reason the judge couldn't progress it.

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

From what I understand from this case it was the length of time between the events and the victims bringing a case against Man City which was the reason the judge couldn't progress it.

What not the same owners you mean? Oh hang on

My view on the Boro, WW situation is clear, currently neither of these clubs have any legal claim against the Rams and will not until they get judgement in a court of law/LDP

The administrators can book the claims if they wish on the balance sheets as "contingent liabilities", but these would not crystallise until there was a judgement or an out of court settlement, I am looking forwards to seeing Boro's next set of accounts to see if they state their claim on their balance sheet, as deferred income?

I am a gambling man and would definitely have a side bet that these claims will come to exactly nothing. The EFL cannot do anything unless there is a judgement against the Rams and as such any Wrist slitting about this is pointless and a waste of time. I believe that either interested party coming in will tough it out with both clubs with " And if you think your hard enough bring it on" Ashley loves litigation as do most USA companies, given the state of Boro's finances I cannot see that they have deep enough pockets to fight a lot cause.

I've seen people ask why Gibson isn't chasing for money off Villa instead. The simple answer to that is because Villa haven't even been charged with failing P&S rules. However, there could be cases against other clubs who have failed (such as Sheff Weds...)

Sheffield Wednesday failed the 3 year period to 2018 (15/16, 16/17 and 17/18 seasons).
15/16 - they finished 6th, with Ipswich 7th and also knocking Brighton out of the Playoffs
16/17 - they finished 4th, Leeds were the 7th placed side that season.

What about the other teams who missed out due to our own cheating? Of course, Leeds have a more legitimate claim than Boro, considering we knocked them out of the playoffs.
15/16 - Same as Sheff Weds, Ipswich missed out. 2 clubs cheated so I guess we can include Cardiff as they finished 8th.
17/18 - Preston finished 7th

It's not all about promotion, as we know with Wycombe. Well, Birmingham finished the 17/18 season just 5 points ahead of Barnsley and Burton.