Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby

Carl Sagan

Did we actually accept any guilt when we accepted 9 points?

Just wondering if it's analogues to "settled out of court' if it comes to argument about boro's claim, we resubmitted our accounts as directed, and agreed a 9 points deduction to expedite our administration process, we were not found to have systemically breached FFP allowable losses by an independent disciplinary Commission."

I don't see how the EFL could really refuse to authorise any takeover until this is sorted, even if the preferred bidder agreed to take the case on. We either have to settle the claim before the takeover is done, or let it go through court to avoid paying anything, but not be able to afford to run the club for all the months it'll take.

Either the EFL let the new owner deal with this after the takeover, or we go bust. There's not really any other alternative.

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I don't see how the EFL could really refuse to authorise any takeover until this is sorted, even if the preferred bidder agreed to take the case on. We either have to settle the claim before the takeover is done, or let it go through court to avoid paying anything, but not be able to afford to run the club for all the months it'll take.

Either the EFL let the new owner deal with this after the takeover, or we go bust. There's not really any other alternative.

Why not? If they accept a business plan why not accept a plan to deal with dheads?

2 hours ago, Philmycock said:

Maybe Steve McClaren or Bruce Rioch could have a word? Or Chris Riggott? Any other high profile Rams with Boro contacts that could help us??

Ravaneli is Italian, he could have connections, maybe make him an offer he can’t refuse.

Edited by angieram

Hmm I’ve said this before but I think it’s worth saying it again because I hadn’t thought about it in a while…

There is a bit of an elephant in the room with all this, that Middlesborough probably do have a bit of claim but it’s not against Derby but the EFL. It was them who later changed their minds on whether our amortisation policy was ok after letting us use it in a season we finished above them.

We essentially have reaped what we’ve sown, and as a club, accepted what’s come our way even with all instigators gone. The thing is, it’s all a bit awkward and because the EFL don’t want the attention turned to them they’ve allowed us to be scapegoated, which is now adding insult to injury. So much has leaked that shouldn’t have been leaked out via the press, and a lot of it to just upset proceedings, or it’s bringing the game into disrepute and going unpunished, and it’s beyond a joke. 

I don’t think it’ll stop us getting our ownership sorted in the end, but there is a reason it’s been allowed to happen to this extent and it’s rotten. 

42 minutes ago, Burton_Ram said:

Has anyone heard the situation with Boro and Wycombe talked about (properly) in the media? I listen to talk sport a lot and not heard it mentioned. It would be interesting to get some neutral opinions rather than just twitter talk and click bait Articles.

Nope, only Alan Nixon is running with this story and for some reason some people hang on his every word.... even though he did *cough* miss out on the big Mike Ashley story *cough*.

41 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Hmm I’ve said this before but I think it’s worth saying it again because I hadn’t thought about it in a while…

There is a bit of an elephant in the room with all this, that Middlesborough probably do have a bit of claim but it’s not against Derby but the EFL. It was them who later changed their minds on whether our amortisation policy was ok after letting us use it in a season we finished above them.

We essentially have reaped what we’ve sown, and as a club, accepted what’s come our way even with all instigators gone. The thing is, it’s all a bit awkward and because the EFL don’t want the attention turned to them they’ve allowed us to be scapegoated, which is now adding insult to injury. So much has leaked that shouldn’t have been leaked out via the press, and a lot of it to just upset proceedings, or it’s bringing the game into disrepute and going unpunished, and it’s beyond a joke. 

I don’t think it’ll stop us getting our ownership sorted in the end, but there is a reason it’s been allowed to happen to this extent and it’s rotten. 

See my earlier post. This all started with Boro commencing an Arbitration against the EFL, not us, but the EFL told them to sue us not them.

Seems fair, eh?

And oppo fans wonder why we despise both the EFL and Gibson. It's a stitch up.

Could Mike Ashley take ownership of the club - and the associated risks of the legal claim and then present a counter claim against both QPR and Villa who had breached FFP in the seasons we were beaten at Wembley. Surely, our case would be stronger than Boro’s we were one goal away both times. They were a couple of points, a 2-legged semi final and final away ??‍♂️

I honestly don’t think it’s the right thing to do - clubs suing me each other - but I just wondered if anybody knows whether it would feasible and have any legal standing?! 

12 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If we owe £45m to Boro and as such they become a creditor then by the same logic, using the same method of calculation we surely must claim against QPR for what will be a greater sum (as we got to the final). As such QPR become a huge debtor in the process. Is my logic wrong? 

It was more than 6 years ago, so beyond statute of limitations for a claim.