Sheffield United v Derby County match day thread

Ruud Aralliss

4 minutes ago, Dinnitdough said:

If Sharp is a tool, he is not a sharp one…

Clear one pointer imo. 

Tom was unlucky today. 

And Curtis did a great job, until he decided playing handball.

Lawrence is 10 times better through the middle upfront than he is in midfield / behind a front man

hes also 3 times better than baldock upfront through the middle 

Not condoning Billy Sharps behaviour but football is a passionate game, I've seen alot of documentaries by sportsmen and woman and so many have said they just need something to give them that extra edge when playing.........unfortunately the Derby fan that posted them tweets is the fuel to why Billy Sharpe always plays so well against us.........and why he never signed for us when we were linked with him

Tough loss to take although Sheff Utd were for me looking more likely to score for the majority of the game. Still, we played some good football and I don't think I've seen a Derby side so 'in it together'. As others have said, 9 points from safety is still doable, just need to start collecting these points we're losing in final minutes of games. Fine margins when you're at either end of the table, just that this end has livelihoods on the line.

8 minutes ago, vonwright said:

Under normal circumstances we'd probably all just shrug and take the positives (and there are plenty). Feels weirdly gutting when I suspect we are all hoping for a miracle. 

I am distraught, the Lawrence shot which hit the post in the final seconds makes it all worse. So close! Yet despite the fight we lose to a moment of madness from Curtis.

We all know Curtis, and it was a freak accident by all accounts. I can still only focus on the fight showed by the lads. We didn't get rolled over and we did have our chances, this is the moment where our fans need to continue believing and backing the team, despite the loss they need to know they have our full support and we will be there on Wednesday to show our support.

17 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He's a dick. He hates us because of one horrible comment he received when he played for Forest regarding the death of his child after he posted something himself .  Not sure why you would behave as he does to the rest of the supporters, particularly as the clubs fans raised a shitload of money for the charity he set up.  Two brain cells.

No point saying we deserved a point or more today I'm afraid, We volunteer for defeat  too often at our own hands. You just can't do that poo in the position were in. 

Yet at the time of his son's death it was Derby out of all the clubs in the football league who acknowledged it and paid tribute: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2057030/Billy-Sharp-thanks-Derby-black-armbands-gesture-death-baby-son.html

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Yet at the time of his son's death it was Derby out of all the clubs in the football league who acknowledged it and paid tribute: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2057030/Billy-Sharp-thanks-Derby-black-armbands-gesture-death-baby-son.html

Yeah, and he actually acknowledged that gesture. 

2 minutes ago, Coneheadjohn said:

Wasn’t at the game so I can’t really comment I am told the chant was bang out of order.

See Sharp regularly at work and he’s a genuinely nice bloke,I’ll still trip him up next time I see him though.

He’s not even a large bar steward, another criticism levelled at him from some fans. As he proved by lifting up his top after the final whistle.

I did feel he was breathing in though.