Stoke at home

Derby blood

40 minutes ago, vonwright said:

Yep. Completely miss the big story, then take it out on Rooney because the people you should be holding to account won't talk to you. Journalists are so scared of having their 'access' revoked that they end up failing to do any actual journalism. But what 'access' do they really have? They just get a free ticket to the match and all these meaningless press conferences. I wish someone had been actually holding the club to account over the last few months rather than cravenly going along with the 'nothing to see here' line. 

Bring Graham Richards out.

He didn't mind being banned.?

Edited by I DONT MIND

56 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Classless is being polite.  Rooney is a multi millionnaire already.  That's not why he's doing this and he's shown his class by sticking by the players, believing in them, doing everything he can.  The guy is top class in my opinion, forget whether he's an experienced manager or not.  So impressed with everything he and the team are doing with all the poo that's been going on.  The reaction today says it all. 

Tbf to rooney we need to rememeber hes a millionaire now but he comes from humble beginnings and what’s going to happen now to people around the club he may even have first hand experience of - so I’m not suprised at all by his compassion and wouldn’t be surprised if he does put words into action to support people. He will come out of all of this with rightly one of the people with the most credit. 

Actually felt quite tearful before and after the match. Today was an extremely special day and something we should all remember for an extremely long time. The performance from the players was superb, first 10 minutes we looked very good and should have been in the lead. The next 15 20 mins we backed off, let them have the ball and could see us conceding. Then magic Bird happens and Stoke collapse like a house of cards by conceding a second minutes later. 

Not sure how Ravel misses at the beginning of the second half but we dug in deep and worked so hard to get a well deserved 3 points. The atmosphere throughout was fantastic and we need to bring that every single game this season. Pride Park needs to become an absolute fortress that teams know they'll find it difficult to get anything from us if we're to go down swinging. #COYR

What a fantastic result well done to players and supporters. Didn’t think we would get anything out of the last two games but brilliant effort from Wayne and the players. We know that we are getting at least twelve points deduction. But who knows what could happen. There’s still a lot of games to play until May. Never give up Derby.

C.O.Y.R ?

Well done to the players the staff and the supporters today 

Before the game I actually was tearing up looking around 

Anyway let’s give some teams a football lesson this season we all know we will be in the third division next season if we are here at all.

What a day ! 

I was dreading protest and anger … there was none of it. There was Derby County Football Club. The team, the staff and the fans. Everyone gave  in a spirit to warm the most cynical  heart. 

Rooney has been much maligned in some quarters. Talk of tactical naivety, only here for whatever reason but ..guess what.. the biggest part of a managers job is to get players to play for him … He’s done it, more than anyone in recent times Mac apart, despite being dealt a lousy hand.

Curtiss Davies .. We are so lucky to have such solid player with noble writ large through his whole persona. You’d walk through brick walls with a club captain like that. Talk about expressive, intelligent and articulate. (And he’s got a sense of humour) loved the interview … Curtis .. go and make babies and score some more ! 

Huge commitment from every player. Loud and proud fans take a bow. 

Good game of football, we made space, shot freely (mostly) scored goals and worked for each other. Stoke got away with tackles that earned our lads yellow for similar efforts but the best team won .. no doubt at all.

Roos excellent again but MOM has to be Max .. playing further up the pitch where I like to see him, composed, good passing and a blinder of a goal .. loved it .. keeper was looking for him to play it wide, naaaa shift it to my right foot (looking in the wrong place sucker !  … Bang ! 

Everything else was what you want to see in a football game; some skill, some chances, some thundering tackles (Shinza .. it wasn’t a yellow )  some saves some misses (oh Ravell ? .. but you kept em guessing all afternoon so you’re allowed that one ) and real determination from your whole team along with 3 delicious points .. That’s 25% of the supposed deduction. Whether we go down or not we will be fighting all the way 

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Well done to the players the staff and the supporters today 

Before the game I actually was tearing up looking around 

Anyway let’s give some teams a football lesson this season we all know we will be in the third division next season if we are here at all.

We will be here mate one way or another

It reminded me of why I am a rams fan and why I love having a season ticket and love going to the games.  It’s not the same watching it on the tele.Im from Derby. I’m a Derby fan.  I want to be part of something that is bigger than me, to belong to a collective experience. Today was it.  It was brilliant. I feel lucky that I witnessed it. 

The actual football was pretty good too.

3 minutes ago, jono said:

What a day ! 

I was dreading protest and anger … there was none of it. There was Derby County Football Club. The team, the staff and the fans. Everyone gave  in a spirit to warm the most cynical  heart. 

Rooney has been much maligned in some quarters. Talk of tactical naivety, only here for whatever reason but ..guess what.. the biggest part of a managers job is to get players to play for him … He’s done it, more than anyone in recent times Mac apart, despite being dealt a lousy hand.

Curtiss Davies .. We are so lucky to have such solid player with noble writ large through his whole persona. You’d walk through brick walls with a club captain like that. Talk about expressive, intelligent and articulate. (And he’s got a sense of humour) loved the interview … Curtis .. go and make babies and score some more ! 

Huge commitment from every player. Loud and proud fans take a bow. 

Good game of football, we made space, shot freely (mostly) scored goals and worked for each other. Stoke got away with tackles that earned our lads yellow for similar efforts but the best team won .. no doubt at all.

Roos excellent again but MOM has to be Max .. playing further up the pitch where I like to see him, composed, good passing and a blinder of a goal .. loved it .. keeper was looking for him to play it wide, naaaa shift it to my right foot (looking in the wrong place sucker !  … Bang ! 

Everything else was what you want to see in a football game; some skill, some chances, some thundering tackles (Shinza .. it wasn’t a yellow )  some saves some misses (oh Ravell ? .. but you kept em guessing all afternoon so you’re allowed that one ) and real determination from your whole team along with 3 delicious points .. That’s 25% of the supposed deduction. Whether we go down or not we will be fighting all the way 

Great post. Trying hard not to think of Curtis making babies though. Better carry on drinking...