WBA Away

Derby blood

45 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

This sums it up well. Don’t want to take away from the effort, because it was great. But we got very lucky tonight.

What was lucky about it?

Our defenders are there to defend and our goalkeeper is there to keep the ball out of the net.

Our defensive players and goalkeeper, between them, did their jobs brilliantly.

Don't remember anything too lucky happening for us.

56 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Just got back in, wow my voice has gone, what great vocal support from the away end, and what a team effort to keep it at 0-0, a great point, we never gave up to night, a point deffo gained tonight, 3 points now on saturday. 

Great to be in the away end tonight, will deffo be making the trip to Sheffield United, the supporters, players and coaches all are in this together, and we are staying up. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

The match thread for Stoke is on you now! Whenever you're ready. Hope this proves a long run for you in the role.

Rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooos

5 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

I personally wouldn't say allowing the opposition to get off 20 shots from inside our box as having 'played really well, particularly in defence.' 99 times out of 100 Roos doesn't have the game of his life and we lose that comfortably. And as well as Roos we should probably thank the ref for only adding 5 minutes of injury time despite us manging to waste a good 20-25 minutes from goal kicks, throw ins and Roos with the ball in his hands. 

A fantastic point from a game we were expecting none, and we certainly won't play many teams as physical or talented as West Brom this season, but today Roos' saves and West Brom's poor finishing earned us that point, not clever tactics or good defending. 

If they are allowed to take time to dry the ball and take 2 minutes for every throw in, I don't see why we should rush with the goal kicks. 

What a great point, defence we’re awesome and Roos ????????Didn’t know he had it in him. Only downside was zero shots on target again, we need to find away to score goals in this team. 

7 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Let’s not get it twisted, we got absolutely battered there. Absolutely battered. We offered nothing and rode our luck all game.

But we clung on and the fans were brilliant again. 

Cracking night.

I guess we can look at it two ways.

If it’s a game we tried to win then we were absolutely awful. Zero shots on target, couldn’t get out our own half in the second period. Sam Johnstone literally had nothing to do other than a few routine goalkicks.

On the flip side, if it’s a game we looked to avoid defeat at all costs, then it was a brilliant backs-to-the-wall display. Kelle Roos outstanding.

Depends how we want to look at it I suppose.

I don’t see how we could have done much more. West Brom are vastly superior in terms of quality at their disposal. If we had tried to win and be open/expansive, we would almost certainly have lost.

A point gained. But it will mean little if we can’t follow it up with a home win as so far we have been underwhelming at Pride Park.

6 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

What was lucky about it?

Our defenders are there to defend and our goalkeeper is there to keep the ball out of the net.

We were lucky Furlong didn’t score. It was practically an open goal and he put it over. Aside from that passage of play (Curtis Davies was really caught out by a bouncing ball near the touchline which let Diangana in) we defended really well.

19 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I guess we can look at it two ways.

If it’s a game we tried to win then we were absolutely awful. Zero shots on target, couldn’t get out our own half in the second period. Sam Johnstone literally had nothing to do other than a few routine goalkicks.

On the flip side, if it’s a game we looked to avoid defeat at all costs, then it was a brilliant backs-to-the-wall display. Kelle Roos outstanding.

Depends how we want to look at it I suppose.

I don’t see how we could have done much more. West Brom are vastly superior in terms of quality at their disposal. If we had tried to win and be open/expansive, we would almost certainly have lost.

A point gained. But it will mean little if we can’t follow it up with a home win as so far we have been underwhelming at Pride Park.

Agree it’s a very good point gained against a strong side in this division. However we did get battered all be it defending magnificently, but the problem is we don’t create chances and we don’t score goals. The latter will be our downfall, we need some of the more creative players to start earning their money and becoming more effective. We can’t rely on performances like last night every week form our defence and ultimately a zero in our goals for each game will only end up one way over the season. 

Bit surprised to see the ratings for Derby players last night. 

Fine to give the keeper and defence good marrks but we created nothing, our passing was awful and we didn't win so eights and nines rather generous. 

We have to use the ball much more effectively on Saturday or we will get taken apart and we won't keep the ball with Sibley and Baldock up front. 

I'm not CKR's biggest fan but we're crying out for his return just for some sort of physical presence. 

And Dylan Williams did us proud last night. I'd love to see him again on Saturday. 

7 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

What was lucky about it?

In the sense that we would have been comfortably beaten had they been able to take their chances.

Every point we gain this season is a triumph and I personally don't care how we get them. We all know we need more options and more of a presence upfront, as does the manager. Bemoaning our current lack of quality is pretty futile therefore, but I hope we see more of the attacking intent on Saturday that we've seen in 20 minute bursts this season but haven't yet converted into sustained dominance or indeed goals. 

8 hours ago, sage said:

I may have to put my in hat on here...though Roos made some good saves his catching and punching were dreadful and we were lucky to get away with half punches landing 6 yards out.  

I thought his punching was outstanding to be fair. Those corners in the first half were wicked, right on top of him, being crowded by their players as well, there were three corners where if he hadn’t punched at all they would’ve gone in direct from the corner, he did well just get something on them.

Im not a Roos fan but last night wasn’t just his best performance for the Rams, it was IMO the best performance from a Rams goalkeeper that possibly I’ve ever seen in 30 years, or since the great Mr Poom - difference with Poom is that he delivered every week, we are talking one game here but credit where credit is due, he was outstanding