WBA Away

Derby blood

That was a proper backs to the wall performance. 

Davies and Jags may be the oldest central defenders in the world, but we couldn't have done that without them.  

Special mention must go to Roos who was my man of the match. I never thought he would be able to withstand that amount of pressure. 

Great point.

Not his biggest fan at all.

But credit where credit is due. Kelle Roos was outstanding tonight.

Davies and Jagielka immense.

Dylan Williams didn't look out of place either. Good performance from the lad.

Not really gonna criticise the front 3 because as an attacking threat we were non existent.

1st half bar the Davies clearance off the line they didn't really trouble us.

How we got out that second half. Only God knows.

Great point.

To a man the effort was absolutely superb and that's all we can ask.

1 minute ago, ossieram said:

That was a proper backs to the wall performance. 

Davies and Jags may be the oldest central defenders in the world, but we couldn't have done that without them.  

Special mention must go to Roos who was my man of the match. I never thought he would be able to withstand that amount of pressure. 

Everything you said there. Monumental performance by every one of the players. Felt like three points rather than just the one.

Poor refereeing again, 3 times in the second half a blatant foul on a Derby, picked up by the commentator, wasn't given and led to a dangerous Albion attack. Also, he made us take the throwins from the correct place, but allowed their long thrower to do it pretty much from where he liked, again picked up by the commentator a couple of times. He even hurried us up on a couple of throws but let their player spend half an hour, polishing the ball.

But a fine rearguard action by our defence, with Roos playing well and a special word for our fans who backed the team throughout, completely overwhelming the home support.

Outstanding point. Got to be happy when 80+% of people in the poll predicted a defeat. How we stood up to that physical and aerial bombardment was amazing. I didn’t think we were capable of that. Rooney tactically spot on, just on RD now saying we couldn’t play out from the back tonight due to how good their press is so needed to match up, said it’s an ugly way to play he doesn’t like it, Derby fans won’t like it if we played like that and he said you can tell the baggies fans don’t enjoy it!! ?

Roos’ best game in a rams shirt! Williams outstanding league debut, Jags, Davies, and Buchanan also excellent.

Definitely a point gained, hope we can play some more football on Saturday and get our first win.

On another note, my sky red button completely failed in second half couldn’t access the game! Anyone else have same problem? Positive was i didn’t have to listen to the useless Rob Palmer second half and instead got to listen to the excellent Bobby Davison on RD. 

Happy with the point and everyone put their bodies on the line and gave a lot. Another day without Roos pulling out all the stops it's 2 or 3-0 to them. Think we could have shown a little more attacking intent second half as showing nothing allowed the ball to come back again and again. 

2 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Poor refereeing again, 3 times in the second half a blatant foul on a Derby, picked up by the commentator, wasn't given and led to a dangerous Albion attack. Also, he made us take the throwins from the correct place, but allowed their long thrower to do it pretty much from where he liked, again picked up by the commentator a couple of times. He even hurried us up on a couple of throws but let their player spend half an hour, polishing the ball.

But a fine rearguard action by our defence, with Roos playing well and a special word for our fans who backed the team throughout, completely overwhelming the home support.

Overall I thought maybe he wasn't the best, but certainly a fair ref, got one or two minor things wrong but was right to dismiss many of the claims. Probably the best ref we have had in a seasons worth of games

Williams just gave a great interview on Radio Derby, what stood out was how much he liked playing under Rooney.When he was  asked about playing for him he said "what a guy" and mentioned how down to earth he is, so Rooney is probably proving to be popular with the players even if he isn't the most popular with all the fans.

I feel like if we carry on putting in defensive performances like that and pick up the odd win and manage to stay around midtable, Rooney will start to win over some doubters though even though towards the end of last season was shocking. 

Brilliant. I've waited about 30 years to see us, get stuck in like that.

We learned from the Birmingham game and the correct team was picked and the players worked for the club and fans.

So many teams have played us and got results from us by being ugly, in this league, so many times, time and time again, we have to be ugly at times, and tonight we were ugly, but beautiful at the same time. Our fans were wonderful throughout.

I love Derby County Football Club. Well done Wayne Rooney.

D.C.F.C. Love, Life & Unity.

13 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Excellent point, 1 more than 99% of fans would have expected.

Dont care about the performance really in terms of style, we got lucky at times but we deserved it, we battled, defended, fought & ran our socks off tonight.

Roos & Williams were excellent.

Side note, Livermore should have been sent off

For the left leg on Byrne when he was grounded.