WBA Away

Derby blood

How many teams in this league are relying on the tactic of lumping in long throws to giants in the centre of the box? That's 3 teams now, Boro, Blues and WBA, out of only 7 matches played. Amazingly, that tactic hasn't resulted in a goal in any of those games, thanks to our old guys in the centre of defence.

Delighted with that point. Sometimes you need to show courage & fight and we absolutely showed that tonight. Love watching us play good stuff but also relish us digging in & showing character under such pressure. 

If we can keep a clean sheet here, we can keep one anywhere in this division. Buchanan just shaded MOM for me but there were heroes all across that back line. Absolutely loved that high five between Buchanan & Davies when they blocked that shot from 8 yards out too. Cracking debut from Dylan Williams too - did not look out of place at all. We'll be seeing lots of that lad this season. 

And lastly, that away support was unbelievable. In a game where we were mostly under the pump, hearing that constant noise from our lot must have helped. Well done everyone who travelled ?

COYR ?

1 minute ago, ram59 said:

How many teams in this league are relying on the tactic of lumping in long throws to giants in the centre of the box? That's 3 teams now, Boro, Blues and WBA, out of only 7 matches played. Amazingly, that tactic hasn't resulted in a goal in any of those games, thanks to our old guys in the centre of defence.

Unbelievable isn't it that this seems to be the tactical masterstroke of the championship.....buy a couple of lumberjacks and a former javelin thrower.

8 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Poor refereeing again, 3 times in the second half a blatant foul on a Derby, picked up by the commentator, wasn't given and led to a dangerous Albion attack. Also, he made us take the throwins from the correct place, but allowed their long thrower to do it pretty much from where he liked, again picked up by the commentator a couple of times. He even hurried us up on a couple of throws but let their player spend half an hour, polishing the ball.

But a fine rearguard action by our defence, with Roos playing well and a special word for our fans who backed the team throughout, completely overwhelming the home support.

Agree the ref was bad (are they getting paid a backhander by the EFL). WBA might get promotion, but playing that hoofball football will get them nowhere in the Prem. I hope other teams revert to our tactics against them and sneak a draw. Ismail (Manager) did the same at Barnsley last season and its not petty to watch.

5 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Williams just gave a great interview on Radio Derby, what stood out was how much he liked playing under Rooney.When he was  asked about playing for him he said "what a guy" and mentioned how down to earth he is, so Rooney is probably proving to be popular with the players even if he isn't the most popular with all the fans.

I feel like if we carry on putting in defensive performances like that and pick up the odd win and manage to stay around midtable, Rooney will start to win over some doubters though even though towards the end of last season was shocking. 

Theres no doubt that the players are playing for Rooney. There's also no doubt the fans are behind Rooney, every game this season has had, "he goes by the name of Wayne Rooney", echoing around the stadiums, home and away.

Keep the faith, COYR ?

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Well Roos is our number one keeper knight is our best midfielder especially in the middle whilst Williams is highly thought off 

WBA have parachute payments and huge players + I will surrport our lads against all that and expect a positive result 

Feeling fully vindicated ?on my pre match 

10 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Bet the balls only been in play on average 60-70 mins with each stoppage!

23 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Outstanding point. Got to be happy when 80+% of people in the poll predicted a defeat. How we stood up to that physical and aerial bombardment was amazing. I didn’t think we were capable of that. Rooney tactically spot on, just on RD now saying we couldn’t play out from the back tonight due to how good their press is so needed to match up, said it’s an ugly way to play he doesn’t like it, Derby fans won’t like it if we played like that and he said you can tell the baggies fans don’t enjoy it!! ?

Roos’ best game in a rams shirt! Williams outstanding league debut, Jags, Davies, and Buchanan also excellent.

Definitely a point gained, hope we can play some more football on Saturday and get our first win.

On another note, my sky red button completely failed in second half couldn’t access the game! Anyone else have same problem? Positive was i didn’t have to listen to the useless Rob Palmer second half and instead got to listen to the excellent Bobby Davison on RD. 

yes I had the same problem, funnily enough seems to happen quite regularly when the footy is on

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Bloody brilliant,  that was. Left it all on the pitch, fans left it all on the terraces.

Kelle Roos' missus got a hero's welcome.

Only just got off the car park, drive home can take all night for all I care.

One point never felt more like three!

Brilliant Angie....where was Mrs Roos?