WBA Away

Derby blood

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

We got absolutely battered mate.

Not everyone will be as good as West Brom, no. But we won’t get that luck across the whole season.

It wasn't luck, bar one or two crosses, especially the one across the box on the floor. It was very good defensive play - there are two teams contributing.

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

This sums it up well. Don’t want to take away from the effort, because it was great. But we got very lucky tonight.

No, I'm not having that. We were lucky a couple of times - that will happen in any match. We played really well, particularly in defence, but we also managed the game well. 

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

This sums it up well. Don’t want to take away from the effort, because it was great. But we got very lucky tonight.

Yeah, we are a disgustingly poor team at this level so when we play WBA it’s like Norwich vs Man City. 

A draw is such a good result, because we shouldn’t be competing against these sides. An indictment of where we are as a club, but also… really… doesn’t make it any less enjoyable.

As I said after the Huddersfield game, we are going to have plenty of games where we have a bucket list of issues to moan about. The games where we don’t lose need to be appreciated as much as we possibly can. 

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It wasn't luck, bar one or two crosses, especially the one across the box on the floor. It was very good defensive play - there are two teams contributing.

They had 5 good chances in the second half alone Mac, 9 times out of 10 they win that match comfortably. 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No, I'm not having that. We were lucky a couple of times - that will happen in any match. We played really well, particularly in defence, but we also managed the game well. 

I think we earnt our luck tonight and I don’t think WBA did enough to break us down.

Wasnt that many years ago when we were a side like WBA tonight where you create a lot of half decent chances without really breaking a team down or making any clear cut chances. Derby deserve credit in stopping WBA really hitting shy sort of stride or period where they dominated the game.

1 hour ago, Eatonram said:

Brilliant Angie....where was Mrs Roos?

In with us fans away end. She was at Hull too. Seen her a few times, always on her own.

God, some of the tripe she has to listen to from some of our so called fans but tonight it must have been music to her ears!

I don't think they're married, btw - just an expression. 

Edited by angieram

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I personally wouldn't say allowing the opposition to get off 20 shots from inside our box as having 'played really well, particularly in defence.' 99 times out of 100 Roos doesn't have the game of his life and we lose that comfortably. And as well as Roos we should probably thank the ref for only adding 5 minutes of injury time despite us manging to waste a good 20-25 minutes from goal kicks, throw ins and Roos with the ball in his hands. 

A fantastic point from a game we were expecting none, and we certainly won't play many teams as physical or talented as West Brom this season, but today Roos' saves and West Brom's poor finishing earned us that point, not clever tactics or good defending. 

Just got back in, wow my voice has gone, what great vocal support from the away end, and what a team effort to keep it at 0-0, a great point, we never gave up to night, a point deffo gained tonight, 3 points now on saturday. 

Great to be in the away end tonight, will deffo be making the trip to Sheffield United, the supporters, players and coaches all are in this together, and we are staying up. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

Edited by Derby blood