Transfer deadline day

IslandExile

I think those folk simply assuming we can add a new player if we lose Marshall, don't understand how this works. We needed special dispensation from the EFL to add Jagielka and Baldock to the squad (and only for six months) which took many days of negotiations. If Marshall left, the EFL might tell us they'd think about it and then maybe (if we're lucky) come back to us in a couple of weeks. If he goes, it's just a saving on the wage bill. We're not signing anyone today. 

45 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I think those folk simply assuming we can add a new player if we lose Marshall, don't understand how this works. We needed special dispensation from the EFL to add Jagielka and Baldock to the squad (and only for six months) which took many days of negotiations. If Marshall left, the EFL might tell us they'd think about it and then maybe (if we're lucky) come back to us in a couple of weeks. If he goes, it's just a saving on the wage bill. We're not signing anyone today. 

It is increasingly annoying to see good players going elsewhere. Automatic promotion this season is now in question. Haha

20 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Steve Nicholson confirmed if Marshall goes we can bring in an outfield player

Thanks. Interesting and I'm not convinced he's right, but will be happy to be proved wrong. As I said earlier, I'll be amazed if EFL let us bring someone else in given our squad is currently 25 and they have worked hard to restrict us to 23.