Transfer deadline day

IslandExile

Whether or what we do any business will be quite telling for me.  I have a theory that goes along these lines:

The EFL can't really pin anything on us at all and we all know that the rest of the league are baying for blood.  The EFL want a points deduction and we are rightly resisting that.  If we were to do some business it would indicate to me that we have accepted some form of punishment from the EFL.  If we don't do any business and we stick to our guns I expect the findings from the EFL investigation / resubmitted accounts to show no wrongdoing (accompanied with a strongly worded statement about future conduct).

I for one think we have enough to stay up as we are.  The dream for me is that we can somehow lift the embargo for January and can invest in the squad, integrating the new players in the back half of the season for a promotion charge 2022/2023 season (to the premier league that is!).

If we do sign anybody today expect a points deduction to follow fairly shortly.  My view is that additional signings will be conditional on that!

Edited by NimonicRam

4 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Question from someone that's fairly ignorant of how this embargo works... If we made some sales, would that mean we could bring people in?

If so, I wouldn't rule it out... not with the amount of changes WR says he wants to make! 

Yes, Sell 2 players then we can bring in 2 players in...maximum of 23 players of proffesional standing

2 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Question from someone that's fairly ignorant of how this embargo works... If we made some sales, would that mean we could bring people in?

If so, I wouldn't rule it out... not with the amount of changes WR says he wants to make! 

I was wondering that.

As I understand Marshall would only allow us to sign another GK.

Noone knows about Bladock and Jagielka. Definitely leaves us with 25 players of whatever standing. Although those 2 might have been 'emergency' replacements and not counted.

However if we were to lose someone else it may be that we are deemed to have over the limit and not allowed to bring anyone in anyway.

16 minutes ago, NimonicRam said:

Whether or what we do any business will be quite telling for me.  I have a theory that goes along these lines:

The EFL can't really pin anything on us at all and we all know that the rest of the league are baying for blood.  The EFL want a points deduction and we are rightly resisting that.  If we were to do some business it would indicate to me that we have accepted some form of punishment from the EFL.  If we don't do any business and we stick to our guns I expect the findings from the EFL investigation / resubmitted accounts to show no wrongdoing (accompanied with a strongly worded statement about future conduct).

I for one think we have enough to stay up as we are.  The dream for me is that we can somehow lift the embargo for January and can invest in the squad, integrating the new players in the back half of the season for a promotion charge 2022/2023 season (to the premier league that is!).

If we do sign anybody today expect a points deduction to follow fairly shortly.  My view is that additional signings will be conditional on that!

If your theory is correct then we should definitely hang fire and, when the EFL relaxes its restrictions, we would still have the option to sign free agents (and presumably extend the contracts for the likes of Jags and Baldock at some point).

9 minutes ago, Rample said:

I was wondering that.

As I understand Marshall would only allow us to sign another GK.

Noone knows about Bladock and Jagielka. Definitely leaves us with 25 players of whatever standing. Although those 2 might have been 'emergency' replacements and not counted.

However if we were to lose someone else it may be that we are deemed to have over the limit and not allowed to bring anyone in anyway.

Is the 3 keepers just more EFL regs for us?

20 minutes ago, NimonicRam said:

Is this the minutes from “The meeting “ ??

I'm happy to go with what we've got. We have to beat 3 other teams that's all. We are in better shape on the pitch than last year especially at the back with basically 3 experienced centre halves that we didn't have last year (I'm counting Davies) and a cohesive game plan.

We'll have injures but so will everyone else. We've have to replace Waghorns goals which is hardly difficult and I think Baldock and Stretton can easy exceed that. We have our youngsters who are 1 season older and wiser and we more to come through. We don't have a lot of depth but neither do a lot of teams in this division and as we aren't competing for promotion we don't need much. But we have Beliek, CKR and Knight to come in.

We may have a points deduction which could derail things but maybe we won't.

10 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

I'm happy to go with what we've got. We have to beat 3 other teams that's all. We are in better shape on the pitch than last year especially at the back with basically 3 experienced centre halves that we didn't have last year (I'm counting Davies) and a cohesive game plan.

We'll have injures but so will everyone else. We've have to replace Waghorns goals which is hardly difficult and I think Baldock and Stretton can easy exceed that. We have our youngsters who are 1 season older and wiser and we more to come through. We don't have a lot of depth but neither do a lot of teams in this division and as we aren't competing for promotion we don't need much. But we have Beliek, CKR and Knight to come in.

We may have a points deduction which could derail things but maybe we won't.

I love your optimism and I so hope your right. However last season we scored the lowest amount of goals in the league 36 in 46 games, and stayed in the league because a team below us had a points deduction. 
This season so far no one has a points deduction and we haven't strengthen anywhere that would say we will beat last years goal scoring tally . I don’t know for one minute why anyone thinks we’ll be ok. 

43 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Yes, Sell 2 players then we can bring in 2 players in...maximum of 23 players of proffesional standing

Does the carabao cup not count as professional standing? Just wondering if we used up another space with that young striker coming on?

2 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

Does the carabao cup not count as professional standing? Just wondering if we used up another space with that young striker coming on?

I think he was classed as an amateur  not professional, so doesn’t count 

58 minutes ago, NimonicRam said:

We will be in serious relegation trouble if we do not bring at least another couple of attacking options in , games so far this season have shown that we are still not able to score / kill teams off and we have virtually nothing to come off the bench from an attacking point of view, with Kaz , Bielik , Lawrence & Knight available we'd be OK but avoiding injuries and suspensions is just not possible in this league , we've had an ok start but failed to put away teams in and around us even though we've been the better team for the first half , it's not just talent it's energy With talent and we are woefully short

1 minute ago, Sport Billy said:

We will be in serious relegation trouble if we do not bring at least another couple of attacking options in , games so far this season have shown that we are still not able to score / kill teams off and we have virtually nothing to come off the bench from an attacking point of view, with Kaz , Bielik , Lawrence & Knight available we'd be OK but avoiding injuries and suspensions is just not possible in this league , we've had an ok start but failed to put away teams in and around us even though we've been the better team for the first half , it's not just talent it's energy With talent and we are woefully short

well we are under an embargo and if we weren't the owner appears to not wish to fund any purchases, I agree although the start has been better than expected we are in serious trouble