Transfer deadline day

IslandExile

14 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

Does the carabao cup not count as professional standing? Just wondering if we used up another space with that young striker coming on?

That'll be down to the ELF and their laws, Jagielka and Baldock came in with Beilik and CKR being long term injuries...I guess we have to be thankfull for that...so to answer your question...not a clue.

22 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

Does the carabao cup not count as professional standing? Just wondering if we used up another space with that young striker coming on?

No, he's classed as a scholar and doesn't count.

36 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I love your optimism and I so hope your right. However last season we scored the lowest amount of goals in the league 36 in 46 games, and stayed in the league because a team below us had a points deduction. 
This season so far no one has a points deduction and we haven't strengthen anywhere that would say we will beat last years goal scoring tally . I don’t know for one minute why anyone thinks we’ll be ok. 

Well it took us 9 games last season to get to our current points total and 14 games to get to 7 points, so we're not exactly performing worse yet

7 minutes ago, Sean said:

Well it took us 9 games last season to get to our current points total and 14 games to get to 7 points, so we're not exactly performing worse yet

Yeah a decent start I agree, I just don’t see how we will win enough games because we don’t score enough goals. 

Edited by TexasRam

If we aren't able to bring anyone in (almost certainly the case) but carry on playing with the same style & intent I don't think the following are unreasonable goal expectations, I'm maybe even being a little conservative as I think the number of chances we're creating is good and think we will get more clinical as the season goes on.

Lawrence 8, Baldock 7, Stretton 6 (just needs to keep at it, goals will come), Sibley 6, CKR 4, Morrison 3, Jozwiak 2, Bielik 2, Shinnie 2, Jagielka 1, Bird 1, Buchanan 1

Granted that only takes us to 43, but that's still 7 more than last season and should be enough to see us safe imo.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

If anyone comes in for any of our players today will we refuse to sell, i can't see MM refusing if they do regardless of what Rooney has said.

He is still a fan of Derby county it’s just that he doesn’t want to spend any more money than is totally necessary currently 

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

I love your optimism and I so hope your right. However last season we scored the lowest amount of goals in the league 36 in 46 games, and stayed in the league because a team below us had a points deduction. 
This season so far no one has a points deduction and we haven't strengthen anywhere that would say we will beat last years goal scoring tally . I don’t know for one minute why anyone thinks we’ll be ok. 

Going to be tough but this season we are actually trying to score goals while last season it just didn’t look like that so there needs to be optimistic opinions 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

To be honest we could do with him to Chuck on with 15 minutes left in games this season and if he is considering Reading FC it’s not for the money 

He’s better than the options we currently have. They are allowed to pay £8500 I think so a little more than us. 

2 hours ago, NimonicRam said:

Whether or what we do any business will be quite telling for me.  I have a theory that goes along these lines:

The EFL can't really pin anything on us at all and we all know that the rest of the league are baying for blood.  The EFL want a points deduction and we are rightly resisting that.  If we were to do some business it would indicate to me that we have accepted some form of punishment from the EFL.  If we don't do any business and we stick to our guns I expect the findings from the EFL investigation / resubmitted accounts to show no wrongdoing (accompanied with a strongly worded statement about future conduct).

I for one think we have enough to stay up as we are.  The dream for me is that we can somehow lift the embargo for January and can invest in the squad, integrating the new players in the back half of the season for a promotion charge 2022/2023 season (to the premier league that is!).

If we do sign anybody today expect a points deduction to follow fairly shortly.  My view is that additional signings will be conditional on that!

This seems plausible.

2 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Question from someone that's fairly ignorant of how this embargo works... If we made some sales, would that mean we could bring people in?

If so, I wouldn't rule it out... not with the amount of changes WR says he wants to make! 

In principle yes, but we would still have to apply to the EFL have those inbound tranfers approved!