Transfer deadline day

IslandExile

I think most people are missing the main driver behind Mel's thinking: selling up and stopping spending millions every month.

If the EFL offer a choice of 9 points deduction or fight it for 6 months, while spending (IIRC) £2m a month - it becomes a very salient consideration for Mel. 

At this point I suspect the success of the club is not paramount in Mel's mind. Of course if he takes decisions that impact the club heavily his asset will drop in value, making it harder for him to get out. But at the minute, I suspect if Mel could take the 9 points, save £18m and not relegate the club, he'd snatch it out of the EFLs hands. 

And the EFL know this, and that's why they are giving him tough choices.

EDIT: It can't be that much. Must be wrong on the figures, but the point remains.

Edited by GboroRam
Figures surely can't be right.

I appreciate this whole situation must be massively frustrating for any Derby fan, myself included. 

However I have no idea of the discussions MM and the EFL are having. I also don't know how Mel is, or indeed what is driving his approach. 

I understand that much of their discussion will be subject to NDAs. 

So, whilst it is unpalatable for most of us that we don't know what might be going on behind the scenes, we must be patient and assume that those representing Derby County are acting in the best interests of the club. 

Imagine if you were doing your level best for the club, working long hours to try to get the best resolution for the club, only to find on social media that you are incompetent, greedy, a disgrace etc. 

All we can do, as supporters, is to support the players during this difficult period. After all, their effort and application have been laudable. 

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

So we now know what's what, 23 players of professional standing, 2 long term injuries = 25 players, Not allowed to sign anyone until the EFL get what they're after...which I asume is a big points deduction.

Now here's the rub, If i'd done the exact same as MM and I firmly believe i'd done nothing wrong...would I take on those at the EFL...you bet your life I would, I'd spend every penny I had in the law courts to prove my innocence, Once innocence has been proven then i'm off to the high court to screw the living daylights out of those who have besmirched my club and name, Is it possible to take the EFL to court...that I do not know, But i'm a vindictive so and so and I hold a grudge.

So MM if you are innocent in your mind...take em on, You have this old uns full support.

He probably thought he was right sacking keogh and the last CEO. That didn’t go well 

10 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

So we now know what's what, 23 players of professional standing, 2 long term injuries = 25 players, Not allowed to sign anyone until the EFL get what they're after...which I asume is a big points deduction.

Now here's the rub, If i'd done the exact same as MM and I firmly believe i'd done nothing wrong...would I take on those at the EFL...you bet your life I would, I'd spend every penny I had in the law courts to prove my innocence, Once innocence has been proven then i'm off to the high court to screw the living daylights out of those who have besmirched my club and name, Is it possible to take the EFL to court...that I do not know, But i'm a vindictive so and so and I hold a grudge.

So MM if you are innocent in your mind...take em on, You have this old uns full support.

Here here. Totally with you

12 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

If we are still in the Kafka esque purgatory by January I will be a bit cross.

BTW I read a Kafka book a while back. Quite hard work it was (bit like following this “saga”.)

The Trial and The Judgement are very apt for our current predicament if it was either of those which you read. 

3 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

The Trial it was.

There was others in the book (it was compilation). Is it worth me digging it out the shelf again?

Hopefully we'll be coming to The Judgement soon.

Totally admire your perseverance as Kafka was too much of a slog for me. 

2 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

I enjoyed reading Kafka’s short essays “the EFL are a load of wrist exercisers”  and “ Gibson is a vindictive Kant”

Have to say I missed those ones, must have been part of his unpublished works....

Edited by Tyler Durden

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Hopefully we'll be coming to The Judgement soon.

Totally admire your perseverance as Kafka was too much of a slog for me. 

There was lots of WTF moments and then at the “end”. It was not really ended (quelle surprise). Not sure I would recommend..

I just really wanted to understand what the the journalists were meaning when they dropped the K bomb.