Transfer deadline day

IslandExile

Wow …just wow 

my disapointment towards mel and Pearce at this moment in time cant be described quite honestly 

let the club, let us down bigtime and may have consigned us to league 1

i hope and prey rooney can squeeze every last ounce out of this squad, wrap them in cotton wool and hopefully we stay clear of any more injuries and we may be in with a shout still of survival come jan

Well there can be many surprised that we are still steadfast in UMBONGO. The one good thing is we didn’t lose anyone last minute, in all honesty the squad couldn’t handle anyone leaving as it’s paper thin already. 

Let’s see what we can do with a very young and vulnerable squad, you never know the EFL to their absolute disgust may have inadvertently done DCFC a favour ?????

Went to bed early hoping there would be some news of the embargo being lifted and some players being signed, turns out nothing has changed. Am I concerned? Yes. Do I think we have no chance of survival? No.

With the squad we have we've proven we can be competitive, I don't foresee that changing for the rest of the season. Looking forward to continuing to be underdogs going into every game, lets show everyone what we've got.

It’s too early to say we’re certainties to go down. I thought we were doomed initially but we managed to sign Davies Jags Stearman Morrison and Baldock since and all have made positive starts. The early signs in the way we’re trying to play, the early form of Bird, Sibley and Jozwiak with the return of Knight on the horizon and Bielik just beyond it, this makes me hopeful it might not be that bad. 

We will know where we are at coming into Christmas and if we are in the bottom 3, with no sign of the issues off the field being resolved and still the potential for points deductions then I will really start to fear the worst again.

I’m still feeling more positive at this moment than before we kicked a ball and that is absolutely 100% down to Rooney the staff and the players for the job they’ve done so far this season, and not the leadership of this club which is frankly turning into a poo show.

On another point, the fact we’re still  in embargo suggests to me we intend to fight the EFL on this and not roll over. 

Edited by BramcoteRam84

9 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

If I knew what it should say I wouldn’t need one. 

Fair enough. What topics do you think it would be sensible for them to comment on today?

I think we can safely assume the embargo is still in place otherwise they would probably have told us - hence no new signings.

Glad the window is closed now to be honest.

Would I like to have seen a couple more come in? Of course, but the battle with the EFL looks to rumble on so was never looking likely.

Didn't pay much attention yesterday, find the whole day quite nauseating now as media outlets drool over the big clubs with their seemingly bottomless pots of cash.

We know what we have now, CKR, Knight, Bielik and a fully fit Lawrence to come back in, time to push on the best we can and hope things are resolved before January. 

Need the players to dig deep and have the let's prove everyone wrong mentality, not we're done, relegated, season is over that I'm seeing online.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Fair enough. What topics do you think it would be sensible for them to comment on today?

I think we can safely assume the embargo is still in place otherwise they would probably have told us - hence no new signings.

The closing of the transfer window without lifting of the embargo was a serious issue and we are utterly in the dark. It needs an update - even if it just ‘we’re doing all we can to resolve the differences with the EFl. In the meantime we have confidence in the current squad and WR to continue the strong start they have made in the pitch’  

sorry my earlier response was not intended to be obnoxious 

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The closing of the transfer window without lifting of the embargo was a serious issue and we are utterly in the dark. It needs an update - even if it just ‘we’re doing all we can to resolve the differences with the EFl. In the meantime we have confidence in the current squad and WR to continue the strong start they have made in the pitch’  

sorry my earlier response was not intended to be obnoxious 

Sorry to jump in, but you say a serious issue, I hear you but let's say we take the punishment, points deduction that the EFL wants which lifts the embargo.

What then? We still have no money to sign players so we're looking at loans/free transfers and it wouldn't be loans like Mount, Wilson and Tomori either.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but players which were out of contract prior to the window can still be signed.

So do you take the risk, take a points deduction and hope the loan signings pull through and make up the points.

Or fight the EFL a little longer, where let's be honest don't appear to be in a great position on this by negotiating a punishment.

Yesterday was deadline day, fans all over the country get in a tizzy, but I'm a little surprised so many were online expecting something to happen.

The EFL reps will have been busy at their own clubs, wouldn't surprise me if we was trying to drum up interest in Marshall, no way was any agreement going to be made. 

I'm not sure what any statement could say which would satisfy those angered by yesterday's silence say. We know the position, the club and EFL are locked in talks, Rooney wanted more players but told us he's no quitter and will continue to fight. 

If they want to put a statement out great, just don't see the point unless it has something new to tell us.

19 minutes ago, David said:

Glad the window is closed now to be honest.

Would I like to have seen a couple more come in? Of course, but the battle with the EFL looks to rumble on so was never looking likely.

Didn't pay much attention yesterday, find the whole day quite nauseating now as media outlets drool over the big clubs with their seemingly bottomless pots of cash.

We know what we have now, CKR, Knight, Bielik and a fully fit Lawrence to come back in, time to push on the best we can and hope things are resolved before January. 

Need the players to dig deep and have the let's prove everyone wrong mentality, not we're done, relegated, season is over that I'm seeing online.

This. I find it more galling to see how those with parachute payments in our division splash the cash compared to everyone else at the moment. It is really ruining the championship's competitiveness. Yesterday I was more worried about being so cash strapped that we would sell someone, especially after Louie's tweet. I would still like things with EfL sorted as soon as possible so that for example Curtis, Morrison and Jags can be given improved/longer deals ahead of January, especially if Morrison keeps improving with more playing time.

Edited by CBRammette

12 minutes ago, David said:

Sorry to jump in, but you say a serious issue, I hear you but let's say we take the punishment, points deduction that the EFL wants which lifts the embargo.

What then? We still have no money to sign players so we're looking at loans/free transfers and it wouldn't be loans like Mount, Wilson and Tomori either.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but players which were out of contract prior to the window can still be signed.

So do you take the risk, take a points deduction and hope the loan signings pull through and make up the points.

Or fight the EFL a little longer, where let's be honest don't appear to be in a great position on this by negotiating a punishment.

Yesterday was deadline day, fans all over the country get in a tizzy, but I'm a little surprised so many were online expecting something to happen.

The EFL reps will have been busy at their own clubs, wouldn't surprise me if we was trying to drum up interest in Marshall, no way was any agreement going to be made. 

I'm not sure what any statement could say which would satisfy those angered by yesterday's silence say. We know the position, the club and EFL are locked in talks, Rooney wanted more players but told us he's no quitter and will continue to fight. 

If they want to put a statement out great, just don't see the point unless it has something new to tell us.

Look I agree with much of what you say. In particular I think Mel thinks we have enough to survive on the pitch. 
But of course we and the club would like to have agreed a resolution say last Friday. A load of possible signings have been ruled out/have gone elsewhere. The closing of the window IS big deal. So they need to put a statement out to show that they register our concern. I accept it may not update us (we don’t know!). 

(I’m not angry by the way partly because I don’t know who I should be angry at. But I am very disappointed)

Edited by kevinhectoring

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

Look I agree with much of what you say. In particular I think Mel thinks we have enough to survive on the pitch. 
But of course we and the club would like to have agreed a resolution say last Friday. A load of possible signings have been ruled out/have gone elsewhere. The closing of the window IS big deal. So they need to put a statement out to show that they register our concern. I accept it may not update us (we don’t know!). 

(I’m not angry by the way partly because I don’t know who I should be angry at. But I am very disappointed)

Would like to have had a resolution in the summer! 

Sick of hearing about it, I'm sure I'm not alone, many of you will be and I'm also sure Mel and Stephen Pearce will as well.

I've had a few lingering farts in my time, but this one is not only hindering us making signings, albeit free transfers, but selling the club.

Took a couple weeks off in the summer, hoped it would all be resolved and look forward to a season of just talking about football, but looks like I'll have to wait a little longer.

Not sure a statement where fans will take the piss out of the corner flag to say, we hear you're not happy will do much to lighten the mood.

On a broader note, BBC sport says  premier league  spending has  topped 1 billion . Is that what football is  about?  Its got to peak and end sometime, or at least be controlled. I propose a levy of 10% on transfer fees  over say £20 million , to be paid to FA   and distibuted to "grass roots" . The big clubs can obviously afford  it

So we now know what's what, 23 players of professional standing, 2 long term injuries = 25 players, Not allowed to sign anyone until the EFL get what they're after...which I asume is a big points deduction.

Now here's the rub, If i'd done the exact same as MM and I firmly believe i'd done nothing wrong...would I take on those at the EFL...you bet your life I would, I'd spend every penny I had in the law courts to prove my innocence, Once innocence has been proven then i'm off to the high court to screw the living daylights out of those who have besmirched my club and name, Is it possible to take the EFL to court...that I do not know, But i'm a vindictive so and so and I hold a grudge.

So MM if you are innocent in your mind...take em on, You have this old uns full support.

18 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

So we now know what's what, 23 players of professional standing, 2 long term injuries = 25 players, Not allowed to sign anyone until the EFL get what they're after...which I asume is a big points deduction.

Now here's the rub, If i'd done the exact same as MM and I firmly believe i'd done nothing wrong...would I take on those at the EFL...you bet your life I would, I'd spend every penny I had in the law courts to prove my innocence, Once innocence has been proven then i'm off to the high court to screw the living daylights out of those who have besmirched my club and name, Is it possible to take the EFL to court...that I do not know, But i'm a vindictive so and so and I hold a grudge.

So MM if you are innocent in your mind...take em on, You have this old uns full support.

That’s fine and dandy if you end up winning but, just because Mel might think he/the club have done nothing wrong it doesn’t mean everyone else does. What if he spends all his money and takes them on but ends up losing? I’m sure he’s grateful for your support but it’s not your money you’re asking him to spend on ever increasing legal expenses.

I’m not necessarily saying he should just roll over and accept whatever the EFL want to throw at the club but maybe there comes a time that he accepts that no matter how innocent he thinks the club has been, this is just going to drag on and on, cost more and more money, continue to damage the club and we might not win in the end anyway.