Who will have the best career?

sage

Who will have the best career?  

218 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Most games at highest level - Knight - already capped and has a realistic opportunity of a decent international career.

Biggest Transfer Fee - Sibley - a goalscoring run of say 9 or 10 in 6 months and his value could rocket. 

FIFA score - Bird - peaking in FIFA 27 at 79

Best career overall - Knight 

Bird will play regularly in the Premiership one day & have the best career of the 3 - his composure & range of passing is already good and with increased physicality & game management as he matures, he'll be too good for this level in time

Sibley is a hard one to call as he has undoubted impact potential but his lack of pace as well his slight physique may hold him back from the top level. The rest of his game (first touch/decision making/goal to chance ratio) needs to be very good for him to play in the Prem. I suspect he may spend his career somewhere between the two divisions (bottom half Prem/top 6 Championship)

Knight will end up as a good Championship midfielder. Decent in a variety of areas & great stamina/fitness but not exceptional at one thing - needs to improve technically & his decision making to move to a higher level. Maybe more physicality also

2 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Knight will end up as a good Championship midfielder. Decent in a variety of areas & great stamina/fitness but not exceptional at one thing - needs to improve technically & his decision making to move to a higher level. Maybe more physicality also

Nah, Jason Knight screams Burnley.

24 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Bird will play regularly in the Premiership one day & have the best career of the 3 - his composure & range of passing is already good and with increased physicality & game management as he matures, he'll be too good for this level in time

Sibley is a hard one to call as he has undoubted impact potential but his lack of pace as well his slight physique may hold him back from the top level. The rest of his game (first touch/decision making/goal to chance ratio) needs to be very good for him to play in the Prem. I suspect he may spend his career somewhere between the two divisions (bottom half Prem/top 6 Championship)

Mostly saved me a post there. Just a couple points I'd add

Bird I think is the sort of player that the better team is and the more they try to play football the better and better he will look. Especially when he matures physically. He's the most confident of the 3 will play in the prem mostly down to that things that are holding him back right now are the things that age and experience will solve.

Sibley is the enigma and the hardest to call at exactly how far he will go because he's the most raw of the three. For it's worth I think he might have the highest ceiling of all three of them as his performance against Millwall where he got his hat trick I still stand by is the best individual performance we've seen at the club in a long time. If he's replicating that level of performance regularly then he's going to play in the prem there's no two ways about it. So I think it's partly how much he comes close to that level of performance consistently and I think it's partly as to whether he can adapt to be a slightly more rounded midfielder. Whilst he's been used in wider areas for us it's clear that's not where he's most suited nor will it be going forward. He's at his most dangerous when picking the ball up in central areas, deepish and driving forwards and so I think he probably needs to adapt to being able to play slightly deeper. He's got the tenacity and work rate for it but obviously he can be rash and sometimes switches off. Also he arguably needs to work on having a slightly cleaner first touch.

Knight I mostly agree about but I do think he probably falls more into the general category of top champ/bottom prem given that he's further along development wise than Hendrick was at this age whilst being similiarish players and I think he's showed signs that he could be better than Bryson in time (whilst Bryson never played in the prem that was mostly down to us turning down the offer from Burnley for him).

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Would need to bulk out a bit for Burnley under Dyche. They took Hendrick who was a bigger lad but also good in the air (they started using Jeff as an auxiliary CF at times 2/3 years ago)

Worth keeping in mind they took Hendrick at 24 wheras Knight is currently 20. Hendrick developed quite a lot physically between 20 and 24, in fact I can vaguely remember him being criticised for being lightweight in his younger days and for not getting stuck in. Which are criticisms that haven't really been applied to Knight.

36 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Worth keeping in mind they took Hendrick at 24 wheras Knight is currently 20. Hendrick developed quite a lot physically between 20 and 24, in fact I can vaguely remember him being criticised for being lightweight in his younger days and for not getting stuck in. Which are criticisms that haven't really been applied to Knight.

That's true but Hendrick has the advantage of height on Knight - 6 foot to Knight's 5 foot 6. Hendrick's ceiling therefore was always going to be higher - remember Huddlestone getting similar stick when he first came into the side in 2003 as another perceived 'big lad'

Knight is tenacious but will always struggle against a taller midfielder, particularly in more physical or aerial games - which is what Burnley type teams like to turn a game into thinking they have an edge over better technical teams in the Prem

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

That's true but Hendrick has the advantage of height on Knight - 6 foot to Knight's 5 foot 6. Hendrick's ceiling therefore was always going to be higher - remember Huddlestone getting similar stick when he first came into the side in 2003 as another perceived 'big lad'

Knight is tenacious but will always struggle against a taller midfielder, particularly in more physical or aerial games - which is what Burnley type teams like to turn a game into thinking they have an edge over better technical teams in the Prem

I don't necessarily disagree with your points here, but there's no way Knight is 5 foot 6!

Sibley will be the most valuable player throughout his career as he plays in the most difficult area of the pitch- the opposition penalty box. Assists and goals cost a fortune . Anyone can play it sideways in the back four. Having said that Knight is good at pinching a few goals.