Who will have the best career?

sage

Who will have the best career?  

218 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Hendrick and Hughes were playing in a better team, so looked better. 

Put Sibley in that team and he'd have been a superstar. He looked great playing off Martin, who by then was a lot less mobile than the prime Martin that Hughes and Hendrick played with. 

I agree with your general point, it's also worth noting that not only was it a better team it was a play style that suited them where they were playing roles that they could really fulfill. That hasn't been entirely true, at least for long stretches of time with the current trio.

With your Sibley comment it's a little hard to say purely because it's hard to tell right now if Sibley is ready for playing in a true 3 man midfield (although I do want to see it and think it's best position long term) and I'm not confident one of the wider roles would have suited him. I think Bird and Knight would have suited that team completely though.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Hendrick and Hughes were playing in a better team, so looked better. 

Put Sibley in that team and he'd have been a superstar. He looked great playing off Martin, who by then was a lot less mobile than the prime Martin that Hughes and Hendrick played with. 

Or they were core components that made us into a better team because they were very good players.. It's not tenable for us to be arguing we've got a really good team on paper but then claim the players would be looking better if we had a better team. 

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

Or they were core components that made us into a better team because they were very good players.. It's not tenable for us to be arguing we've got a really good team on paper but then claim the players would be looking better if we had a better team. 

I am not one of those thinking we have a very good team on paper, though. I know some are so I take your point. I think we have some decent players, but not necessarily at the stage of their career where we are getting their best effort. 

I also don't think we're balanced collectively either. 

21 hours ago, angieram said:

I am not one of those thinking we have a very good team on paper, though. I know some are so I take your point. I think we have some decent players, but not necessarily at the stage of their career where we are getting their best effort. 

I also don't think we're balanced collectively either. 

Ahh right, yeah it's just a common theme I hear so assumed you were more of that persuasion. It's hard to judge if we're getting some of their best efforts but you'd hope they'd improve beyond 20/21. I think some do have a tendency to overhype our youngsters abilities because they are 'one of our own'.

For me, Sibley is the most promising prospect we have who really does look quite special. I do think knight and Bielik when back will help with the balance which will lead to one of shinnie or bird being displaced. I still think Stretton needs a year in the league below to sharpen him up and add extra bits to his game.