Views From the Outside 21/22

DarkFruitsRam7

1 minute ago, RedSox said:

Have some of that!  #COYR

How did we manage that? I mean, I’m as excited as the next man about climbing up the league, and I know we played well*, but in truth we only beat a crap team 1-0 at home with a last minute screamer. I’m not sure how that qualifies us as being the best team. 

* this always has the caveat of ‘considering the circumstances’ it’s not like we’d be first by 10 points without the points deduction. We’re still a fairly average at best team, which is amazing ‘considering the circumstances’, but still doesn’t make us team of the week does it?

3 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

How did we manage that? I mean, I’m as excited as the next man about climbing up the league, and I know we played well*, but in truth we only beat a crap team 1-0 at home with a last minute screamer. I’m not sure how that qualifies us as being the best team. 

* this always has the caveat of ‘considering the circumstances’ it’s not like we’d be first by 10 points without the points deduction. We’re still a fairly average at best team, which is amazing ‘considering the circumstances’, but still doesn’t make us team of the week does it?

Thanks, Mr Downer ?

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Read the stats. More shots, attacking situations and successful dribbles than any other team in the championship this weekend.

Yes we beat them 1-0, yes I think we can play better but we absolutely battered them!

22 hours ago, BriggRam said:

I work full time nights 10-6, the lad that takes over from me at 6 is a Leeds fan, and to be fair is always complimentary and supportive of Derby......wish I could find it in me to return the good will towards his lot ???

Don't do it !!!!?

5 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

George Thorne was up there with my favourite ever Derby players, but I've honestly gone off him a bit after his (admittedly entertaining) Talk Derby to Me podcast appearances. I just thought he came across as a proper nob.

I think he came across as someone who knew his ability/worth and was annoyed that he got palmed off by a number of managers and our then chairman…

3 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Oh yes it does

Stop bloody negative

24 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Here is again 37k a week and rising.  50K next week.  Anyway, he'll get nowt for playing against his team as he'll get fined.  3 game suspension over 2 weeks must save us at least 200k as by then he'll be on 100k a week.

He's just making an argument up for the sake of it. Wouldn't matter if Lawrence was on a £1m/game! His bitterness is there for all to see.

3 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

They’ve got com-pu-ters! ?

Edited by Ellafella

12 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Here is again 37k a week and rising.  50K next week.  Anyway, he'll get nowt for playing against his team as he'll get fined.  3 game suspension over 2 weeks must save us at least 200k as by then he'll be on 100k a week.

I've been told Tom Lawrence actually pays his 50p subs each game like Davies does. Anyone can play the "I've been told" card. ?

1 hour ago, sage said:

My Luton mate thought it was a tough game and we deserved a draw. He thinks we are both mid table teams in false positions.

He rates Bird as our best player on the day.

He's probably about right. Don't think we deserved to lose yesterday, but didn't think we did enough to deserve a win. Hey ho. 

43 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I wander what Barnsley think right now.

Not a lot. 

They didn't actually bother to start their matchday thread until 5 minutes after game started, thought they lost the game through their poor play rather than our good play, were offended they let a **** who hadn't scored for 8 years score twice, didn't like having to stand up, or being told to sit down by stewards (take your pick!) and think they're down. 

This comment sums it up - 

"Derby are bang average and a half decent side would have been 3 or 4 up at half-time instead of 1 but, if anything, we looked even poorer after the break. Rooney had the luxury of being able to substitute and protect their best player, Bielik, who ran the game at an absolute canter and old man Davies at the back could have played the game in an armchair given the lack of pressure on him and his painfully slow young partner."

Edited by angieram

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

Not a lot. 

They didn't actually bother to start their matchday thread until 5 minutes after game started, thought they lost the game through their poor play rather than our good play, were offended they let a **** who hadn't scored for 8 years score twice, didn't like having to stand up, or being told to sit down by stewards (take your pick!) and think they're down. 

This comment sums it up - 

"Derby are bang average and a half decent side would have been 3 or 4 up at half-time instead of 1 but, if anything, we looked even poorer after the break. Rooney had the luxury of being able to substitute and protect their best player, Bielik, who ran the game at an absolute canter and old man Davies at the back could have played the game in an armchair given the lack of pressure on him and his painfully slow young partner."

Sour grapes then

5 minutes ago, Yani P said:

They were singing the party when we die song..more brain dead morons sadly.. 

Thought at least their vlogger gave our fans credit and said we fully deserved to beat them and should have been by a lot more than 2..

Yep, it was a mixed bag and plenty of them moaning at the behaviour of some of their own fans. Sounds like we've all got a few of those!