Embargo.

simmoram1995

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

Would you want to watch Burnley or Crystal Palace (Zaha excepted) every week though? 

No thanks.

Based on the football we have watched over the last 3 seasons, I would gladly trade positions. 

Watched Burnley against Leeds the other week and they aren't half as bad as people make out, its just football snobbery.

Thank you for your email.

It is important to clarify the approach to embargoes generally. In short, the embargo reporting service is a live reporting tool, so if any Clubs default on payments, if they are to be under embargo, they would appear here.

From a general perspective obviously Clubs frequently owe other Clubs money as part of player registrations, but these are contracted and such conditions will largely be met in relation to the agreements in place – the breach in relation to Derby is that in simple terms, they haven’t paid when required to do so.

Any club in breach of any required payment terms would be subject to embargo and appear on the reporting service.

Thank you for contacting the EFL.

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

It is important to clarify the approach to embargoes generally. In short, the embargo reporting service is a live reporting tool, so if any Clubs default on payments, if they are to be under embargo, they would appear here.

From a general perspective obviously Clubs frequently owe other Clubs money as part of player registrations, but these are contracted and such conditions will largely be met in relation to the agreements in place – the breach in relation to Derby is that in simple terms, they haven’t paid when required to do so.

Any club in breach of any required payment terms would be subject to embargo and appear on the reporting service.

Thank you for contacting the EFL.

So,for all we know the LMA & PFA may have been in contact with the EFL regarding possible outstanding payments to Cocu and Keogh. The above doesn't just seem to relate to clubs. 

6 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

So,for all we know the LMA & PFA may have been in contact with the EFL regarding possible outstanding payments to Cocu and Keogh. The above doesn't just seem to relate to clubs. 

I don't think so. The listed charge relates solely to transfer payments and I didn't interpret the response that way myself. 

Whilst I appreciate the EFL responding so promptly, and whilst they appear to confirm Nixon's follow-up tweet rather than his original tweet, I think the language could have been clearer. 

Edited by Crewton

On 07/09/2021 at 07:54, angieram said:

Would you want to watch Burnley or Crystal Palace (Zaha excepted) every week though? 

No thanks.

Isn't that what we realistically aspire to, though?.  A stable and mostly premiership Burnley, Palace or Wolves type club?.

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

I don't think so. The listed charge relates solely to transfer payments and I didn't interpret the response that way myself. 

Whilst I appreciate the EFL responding so promptly, and whilst they appear to confirm Nixon's follow-up tweet rather than his original tweet, I think the language could have been clearer. 

Well i don't think it could be any clearer,  i don't just read it as relating to transfers,

I’m being tongue in cheek, but starting to wish I’d placed a bet that Derby/EFL announce Derby’s 9 point deduction 48 hours after the season ticket deadline. 

Season ticket money in, HMRC paid and accounts are sent first thing tomorrow. Deduction confirmed before KO Friday!

34 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Isn't that what we realistically aspire to, though?.  A stable and mostly premiership Burnley, Palace or Wolves type club?.

I think you're right in that it is the most likely desired outcome these days. Sad, though.

As I mentioned in another thread, it's all about the money and we haven't had anyone near wealthy enough own us to make life any different.

So, for me, who enjoys watching exciting football week in week out, would I be happy with the sort of football those teams have to play to stay up every year? 

I think of Burnley, Brighton, Palace grinding out enough wins against their fellow stragglers to stay up and trying to spoil the party when the big clubs come to town.

Wolves are interesting as I liked the football they played until fairly recently. But they know what they've got to do to stay up and it won't be pretty.

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think you're right in that it is the most likely desired outcome these days. Sad, though.

As I mentioned in another thread, it's all about the money and we haven't had anyone near wealthy enough own us to make life any different.

So, for me, who enjoys watching exciting football week in week out, would I be happy with the sort of football those teams have to play to stay up every year? 

I think of Burnley, Brighton, Palace grinding out enough wins against their fellow stragglers to stay up and trying to spoil the party when the big clubs come to town.

Wolves are interesting as I liked the football they played until fairly recently. But they know what they've got to do to stay up and it won't be pretty.

Totally agree. Rather a Wolves (or Leicester), than a Burnley be.

Just now, 86 Hair Islands said:

Totally agree. Rather a Wolves (or Leicester), than a Burnley be.

Leicester are going from strength to strength, look at their women's team, rocketing up the leagues. 

They aren't as boring as Burnley either, as they have a forward line totally suited to their couner-attacking style of football and have been good at it.

Do you think there are any tremendously rich people left out there who would rescue us? We appear to be finding them very difficult to discover! 

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Leicester are going from strength to strength, look at their women's team, rocketing up the leagues. 

They aren't as boring as Burnley either, as they have a forward line totally suited to their couner-attacking style of football and have been good at it.

Do you think there are any tremendously rich people left out there who would rescue us? We appear to be finding them very difficult to discover! 

Plenty Angie and I suspect a deal could be stuck very swiftly if A) the EFL poo or get off the pot and levy the punishment they see fit (in addition to the £100k fine imposed as a result of their own disciplinary procedures) thereby allowing us to either take our licks and move on or appeal their nonsense charges and punishments and B) Mel is willing and able to price the club and its assets in a manner that makes it an appealing investment. 

By the same token, I think it's extremely unlikely that we will find another owner with any connection, emotional or otherwise the the club which most likely points to a Far Eastern of US consortium which may, or may not be a good thing. Someone like Micky Arison would be welcome!