Embargo.

simmoram1995

46 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Plenty Angie and I suspect a deal could be stuck very swiftly if A) the EFL poo or get off the pot and levy the punishment they see fit (in addition to the £100k fine imposed as a result of their own disciplinary procedures) thereby allowing us to either take our licks and move on or appeal their nonsense charges and punishments and B) Mel is willing and able to price the club and its assets in a manner that makes it an appealing investment. 

By the same token, I think it's extremely unlikely that we will find another owner with any connection, emotional or otherwise the the club which most likely points to a Far Eastern of US consortium which may, or may not be a good thing. Someone like Micky Arison would be welcome! 

Football has changed drastically from when i 1st started going to the BBG, in the old days it always seemed to be a local businessman/women who bought the club. Nowadays football is big business and clubs with owners who have deep pockets will always succeed because money these days buys success and it doesn't matter which part of the globe they come from.

Just now, atherstoneram said:

Football has changed drastically from when i 1st started going to the BBG, in the old days it always seemed to be a local businessman/women who bought the club. Nowadays football is big business and clubs with owners who have deep pockets will always succeed because money these days buys success and it doesn't matter which part of the globe they come from.

Agreed, but in much the same way that I really wanted Cocu to be a success, I also wanted Mel to enjoy some glory days too.

We move on...

5 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Agreed, but in much the same way that I really wanted Cocu to be a success, I also wanted Mel to enjoy some glory days too.

We move on...

I think Cocu would have been a success in time even if we dropped into Div 1 in the process,the problem was MM wasn't prepared to give him that time

27 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I think Cocu would have been a success in time even if we dropped into Div 1 in the process,the problem was MM wasn't prepared to give him that time

In fairness, I think Mel would have kept him, especially given the £8 million severance payment! Not sure the same could be said of the fans though...

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Was that seriously his pay off . The mind boggles. Fwanks compo paid for some of it I suppose

Thats what you get when you sign a manager on a Four year contract, find yourself at the bottom of the table,instead of giving him time to turn things round panic and get rid then bring someone in who has no managerial experience whatsoever. That's a good way to run a club.

11 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Was that seriously his pay off . The mind boggles. Fwanks compo paid for some of it I suppose

I’m not sure what the amount was, but it was thought that Cocu’s wages werent too high.  Although Cocu waivered his payout when he left anyway so it didn’t matter.

Probably saw what the clubs finances were like and realised he wasn’t going to see it for a good few years!

Just now, TuffLuff said:

I’m not sure what the amount was, but it was thought that Cocu’s wages werent too high.  Although Cocu waivered his payout when he left anyway so it didn’t matter.

Probably saw what the clubs finances were like and realised he wasn’t going to see it for a good few years!

He didn't waiver his payout,he agreed to take a lower payment than due.

9 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Have you got a link to anywhere that shows he got £8 million. 

Thought it was noted in the DET bud. I'll see if I can find it. As per earlier post, the figure (if correct) was for all the coaches not just Cocu. I think they were all contracted for 3 years plus which might explain the sizeable total.

EDIT - can't find DET article but hopefully this will allay any lingering doubts!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9580807/Potential-Derby-County-buyers-WALKING-AWAY-discovering-debts-60MILLION.html

image.png.c95c841e39981af298c353152ed3468f.png

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

24 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Thats what you get when you sign a manager on a Four year contract, find yourself at the bottom of the table,instead of giving him time to turn things round panic and get rid then bring someone in who has no managerial experience whatsoever. That's a good way to run a club.

Who did even worse ?

16 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Thought it was noted in the DET bud. I'll see if I can find it. As per earlier post, the figure (if correct) was for all the coaches not just Cocu. I think they were all contracted for 3 years plus which might explain the sizeable total.

EDIT - can't find DET article but hopefully this will allay any lingering doubts!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9580807/Potential-Derby-County-buyers-WALKING-AWAY-discovering-debts-60MILLION.html

Daily mail!!! Nah.

52 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Got to love a nice, positive, up-lifting headline about Derby. 

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

In fairness, I think Mel would have kept him, especially given the £8 million severance payment! Not sure the same could be said of the fans though...

I still can reconcile bringing in Cocu with a breif to bring through young players and also signing aging wayne rooney in a deal heavily sponson influenced (with a promise to make him manager) - do one thing or the other thing, surely.....still, it's past tense now and things weren't working out with Cocu.