Embargo.

simmoram1995

1 minute ago, Yani P said:

i think its pretty straightforward...

The EFL want us punished, even though our accounting policy was not illegal it was just not covered by the rules.

They have a trump card right now - they can keep us under embargo basically preventing us from functioning as a football club in a competitive fashion with all of the other championship clubs. They also know that this action could get us relegated by proxy - especially if we get some injuries.

It appears they are playing a poker game - they will do everything to save face - both for themselves, and the Chairmen pressing for us to get punished. So are they saying Morris..take a penalty, or take us to court and we will keep you under embargo for as long as that takes.

IF  Morris thinks he has an airtight case then he has to go to court, if he has an airtight case you would hope a decent barrister would get the embargo lifted - especially as their appears to have been no drive by the EFL to get an early resolution - and if we are found not guilty then surely we could sue the EFL for a significant sum for stopping us from running the football business operations?

I guess the big issue is whether Morris can even be bothered to fight? I would hope he would but who knows...and I guess the other matter is do we have an airtight case - the silence coming from within the club could be for any number of reasons, my hope is that its because we have dynamic evil barristers plotting our case and are giving nothing away.

Or it could be that MM has been caught out and has nowhere to turn, as you say the silence coming out of the club is deafening, that is so unlike MM if he is on a winner.

16 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I was told the same and that Mel is willing to take this to the law courts.  

I don't know how or if the person who told me knows this for sure or if it's bs.

It might depend on who told you. I’m not expecting you to name names but was it the chap who changes the bottles in the water dispensers at PP, some random person down the pub or someone in such a position that you’d expect him/her to know such things?

I’m pretty sick of all of this. The EFL obviously won’t stop until we get a points deduction. If I was Mel though, and truly believed we had done no wrong, then I would be making sure we were squeaky clean in all other areas, such as paying HMRC, transfer instalments owed and players wages etc. That would surely put us in a stronger position. The fact we haven’t done that raises a few concerns. I’m sure we will all find out in the fullness of time, if any of us are still alive to see it. 

Just now, Tamworthram said:

It might depend on who told you. I’m not expecting you to name names but was it the chap who changes the bottles in the water dispensers at PP, some random person down the pub or someone in such a position that you’d expect him/her to know such things?

It won't be the chap who changes the water dispensers,to save money the staff have to bring their own water in now.

7 minutes ago, Yani P said:

i think its pretty straightforward...

The EFL want us punished, even though our accounting policy was not illegal it was just not covered by the rules.

They have a trump card right now - they can keep us under embargo basically preventing us from functioning as a football club in a competitive fashion with all of the other championship clubs. They also know that this action could get us relegated by proxy - especially if we get some injuries.

It appears they are playing a poker game - they will do everything to save face - both for themselves, and the Chairmen pressing for us to get punished. So are they saying Morris..take a penalty, or take us to court and we will keep you under embargo for as long as that takes.

IF  Morris thinks he has an airtight case then he has to go to court, if he has an airtight case you would hope a decent barrister would get the embargo lifted - especially as their appears to have been no drive by the EFL to get an early resolution - and if we are found not guilty then surely we could sue the EFL for a significant sum for stopping us from running the football business operations?

I guess the big issue is whether Morris can even be bothered to fight? I would hope he would but who knows...and I guess the other matter is do we have an airtight case - the silence coming from within the club could be for any number of reasons, my hope is that its because we have dynamic evil barristers plotting our case and are giving nothing away.

Hopefully it will be does Nick De Marco or even better an independent lawyer or sports arbiter think we have an “airtight case”? Mel thought he had an airtight case with Rush and then Keogh!!

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It's someone I've known for years. 

I've never had any info off them in the past and have never known him to spread rumours.

I haven't got a clue who told him and wasn't going to post it on here because I haven't got a clue how much truth there is in it.

39 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I don’t buy this not gaining an advantage by what we did guff. There has to be a reason why 71 clubs do it one way and we did it another. 

Obviously that’s what the club would claim but is utter tosh. We got found out and need to agree the punishment ASAP. 

Its completely irrelevant what the other 71 clubs are doing.

If the method that we have chosen, which is fully within accounting standards is wrong (which I wouldn't argue it isn't) then prove it and put the matter to bed.

11 minutes ago, ossieram said:

After reading the other post saying Mel is going to fight.

Please feel free to ignore my post.

Thanks for sharing ossieram. At the end of the day virtually none of us are in the know so rumours are all we have to go on. ?

17 minutes ago, ossieram said:

It's someone I've known for years. 

I've never had any info off them in the past and have never known him to spread rumours.

I haven't got a clue who told him and wasn't going to post it on here because I haven't got a clue how much truth there is in it.

Out of interest, did you not ask him where he’d heard it?

I can’t understand how you could resist enquiring.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

The method we used is fairly standard one. Why does any business chose to do things a certain way that is different. To gain an advantage - well obviously. It's not against the rules. I do not get what you are on about. Only fed 'one side' after two independent panels have scrutinised things and we only got a £100k fine, because we didn't 'explain things well enough'. 

Tbh I have come across people who, out of a desire for doctrinaire intellectual purity, make a big deal about coming up with what they see as a more "accurate" method.