Embargo.

simmoram1995

19 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

"Not paying HMRC is unacceptable behaviour. "

Why is that? All governments waste taxes collected, they all spend taxpayers money until it runs out. 

Also I believe that there is definitely a payment plan in place with HMRC or we would have had a winding up order as happened in 1984.

Isn’t the HMRC issue still on our ever expanding charge sheet. If we have a payment plan in place, that shouldn’t be the case ?

9 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

It was his own money not the supporters money so the analogy is spurious

His failures are risking the future of the club. He may be wasting his own money (not only his own, I'll point out) but points deductions affect the ability of the club to perform. Don't make it sound like it's just his money at risk, it clearly is far more than that. 

1 hour ago, Charlotte Ram said:

If I cared what other posters thought I would not post anything on here, but when I see a witch hunt I feel the need to defend what I see as injustice.

I do not seek or want peer approval, I am not that insecure

“witch hunt”?? 

really? I think Mel gets off quite lightly simply cos he’s a fan/local. 

Think of the dog’s abuse GSE got for running the club sensibly and compare that to what Mel ISN’T getting for putting the club on it’s knees! 

1 hour ago, Rev said:

I agree that the 3 amigos comparison is too much, they were bent from the off.

Comparing Mel to Maxwell however, isn't beyond the pale.

Both invested their money to get us back up to the top table. One successfully, back when a few quid extra could really make a real difference, one with nowhere near the same results, albeit in a harder environment to succeed.

Maxwell was patient with his manager, Mel wasn't

At the end of Maxwell's reign, he sold off some playing assets, pocketed the cash and sold us on in a much better position than he bought us, didn't he?

While knowing he was under the pump for the fraud he'd committed elsewhere.

I was pre-teen at the time, so maybe my memories are incorrect, apologies if so.

Mel has taken over a championship club, on the eve of a Play Off final, and several years later will leave us in a worse league position than he inherited, not owning our own ground, in debt to God knows how many people, at odds with our regulator, and operating as a shell of functioning club.

Basically, he took over a cheap and cheerful ship, which offered 3 day cruises to Bruges and back, promised we'd be like the QE11 in a few years, and now we're adrift like the Mary Celeste.

Maxwell was a thief. Trashed the pensions of thousands for his own status and gain.

A Crook. What he did or didn’t do at Derby is irrelevant. 

9 hours ago, cosmic said:

The fans could start organising post-match peaceful protests. I know Morris threatened to walk away if we did... so we can only hope he finds some integrity and sticks to his word! 

Did he threaten such a thing? I mist that. Besides, isn’t he trying to walk away but can’t find a buyer? As @Van der MoodHoover alludes to, if he decided to pull the plug, cut his losses and walk away with no buyer in sight, Surely that would be a disaster.

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Did he threaten such a thing? I mist that. Besides, isn’t he trying to walk away but can’t find a buyer? As @Van der MoodHoover alludes to, if he decided to pull the plug, cut his losses and walk away with no buyer in sight, Surely that would be a disaster.

Understandable, it’s a little foggy tonight.

13 minutes ago, jono said:

Maxwell was a thief. Trashed the pensions of thousands for his own status and gain.

A Crook. What he did or didn’t do at Derby is irrelevant. 

I'm sorry @jono.

I do love ya, but in the context of comparing past owners to the incumbent, Maxwell's time at Derby, as Derby owner, can hardly be irrelevant to a discussion as to how Mel Morris as an owner measures up.

I'm sure Mel's a much nice person than Bob, and he does a lot for charity so we've read, but that doesn't make him a better owner.

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It was reported that he'd said something in the meeting about walking away. Some have interpreted this to have been "if fans start chanting "Morris Out", I'll walk away". Personally, considering he also said that he's with anyone that says "Morris Out" because he wants out as well, I think it's more likely he said it in the context of that. I think he's saying that he's trying to get out, but that relies on a sale. As that's what he's trying to do, chanting "Morris Out" won't do anything. What can Mel do to get out other than what he's trying to do? Unless people want him to just walk away. He could do that, but is that what people want? I think that's the point he was making, that if he's going to leave there's two ways to do it: the slower way that he's currently trying to do it, or the quicker way that no one wants him to do it.

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

I'm sorry @jono.

I do love ya, but in the context of comparing past owners to the incumbent, Maxwell's time at Derby, as Derby owner, can hardly be irrelevant to a discussion as to how Mel Morris as an owner measures up.

I'm sure Mel's a much nice person than Bob, and he does a lot for charity so we've read, but that doesn't make him a better owner.

And I love you too but on this one I can’t cross my line. Plans go amiss, the outcome of a series of events is poor but if one of the architects is bent beyond belief then an parochial outcome is secondary. Hitler built a motorway network in Germany and rebuilt its economy after the first war. … So what ! There’s a bigger picture in life.