Embargo.

simmoram1995

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Not our pension fund did he? I cannot remember him undertaking crooked business deals involving Derby? Happy to be corrected

I am not defending Maxwell by the way under any circumstances. Worked in the midst of all that in my first job.

I am hoping one day soon we find out what is going on or at least see the end of this but in the meantime people are understandably getting angry due to the void of information for whatever reason that is. Fans have the right to be concerned and angry and express their concerns/anger without being slammed for it. hopefully venting on here within reason gets people through this.  I think we all want this behind us with our Derby back and just moaning about the football.COYR

12 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Not our pension fund did he? I cannot remember him undertaking crooked business deals involving Derby? Happy to be corrected

He was a crook, and a monster of sorts. What he did or didn't do for us as a football club is pretty irrelevant to his reputation. 

4 minutes ago, Crewton said:

He was a crook, and a monster of sorts. What he did or didn't do for us as a football club is pretty irrelevant to his reputation. 

My original point was football based though. Maxwell, yes he was a terrible bloke, but as an owner he had some success. The first few years were very successful. The best since the 70s. The football side of things wasn’t hugely affected. Not as much as it is being now. The same applies with the Three Amigos. Crooks - yes. But, on a footballing standpoint, we were on a more stable footing I would argue than our current plight. This is the lowest I can remember since 84. Can’t sign anyone, completely skint, no sign of improvement, no ticketing office. When has that ever happened? 

6 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I agree with you in a way mate.

But once that money goes into the club. It's up to Mel Morris what to do with it.

Haven't we just had a 15% sell on for Will Hughes too?

Wonder where that has gone 

Yeah that’s true, and I respect why some might not want to put their money into the club while Mel is still here, personally I worry for the future of the club so from my point of view that’s how I like to see my contribution. Whether that’s the reality as you say, that’s another thing. 

In any walk of life, whether your own a business or renting a house, the number one priority should to make sure the bills are all sorted and paid on time. As the owner of the football club, it's Mels responsibility to make sure all the parties the club deals with to be treated in a professional manner. And we've failed to do this. Regardless of personal opinions, whether you support or dislike the man, he needs to take that responsibility and be accountable for his and the directors actions. I hope the chairman is well and is in good health, this shouldn't be an excuse for a poorly managed financial situation though. 

I don't wish for people to be sacked, it's a difficult world as it is, the first person out the door should be Stephen Pearce. It's clear now how much of a rooster up we've made financially, it was a gamble which may well have paid off, however the gamble has massively backfired and we're not even paying the tax man on time. If this wasn't a local man in charge there'd have been protests by now. I'm certain the last ownership got more abuse for less major issues.

It's difficult to be critical of an owner investing £200 million into the club. I'm thinking more of the basics of managing the finances of any real life situation. I can understand arguing about the EFL about their vendetta against us, which is now beyond a footballing matter. Not paying other clubs or HMRC is unacceptable behaviour. 

"Not paying HMRC is unacceptable behaviour. "

Why is that? All governments waste taxes collected, they all spend taxpayers money until it runs out. 

Also I believe that there is definitely a payment plan in place with HMRC or we would have had a winding up order as happened in 1984.

6 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

can understand arguing about the EFL about their vendetta against us, which is now beyond a footballing matter.

I thought this, and probably still do.

But in the back of my mind, I sometimes think maybe the EFL aren't being vindictive, but possibly trying to save a founder member from a terrible owner, who's well and truly pulled the wool over the fans eyes.

Time alone will tell.

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

I thought this, and probably still do.

But in the back of my mind, I sometimes think maybe the EFL aren't being vindictive, but possibly trying to save a founder member from a terrible owner, who's well and truly pulled the wool over the fans eyes.

Time alone will tell.

OK a bit like doctors in victorian days who drew blood and used leeches to cure an illness?

1 minute ago, Charlotte Ram said:

"Not paying HMRC is unacceptable behaviour. "

Why is that? All governments waste taxes collected, they all spend taxpayers money until it runs out. 

Also I believe that there is definitely a payment plan in place with HMRC or we would have had a winding up order as happened in 1984.

I think you need to set an example to pay your taxes on time. Other companies will duck and dive but we need to be on another level. If there's a plan in place, I wouldn't I thought we'd be in trouble unless the EFL really want to make an example of the owner.

3 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

I think you need to set an example to pay your taxes on time. Other companies will duck and dive but we need to be on another level. If there's a plan in place, I wouldn't I thought we'd be in trouble unless the EFL really want to make an example of the owner.

Plus it's a bit rich criticising the government for wasting money while defending Mel Morris who's urinated hundreds of millions up the wall. 

This started out as a war between Mel and the EFL partly the result of Mel calling out the EFL on their rubbish TV deal and threatening a premier league 2 which other clubs supported him in. The EFL campaign has been beyond vindictive and our breaches seem to be minor compared historically to other clubs. Must fans like me have been happy to defend Mel on this and encourage him to fight it and stop the gross injustice against us. 

However as this has dragged on, looking at the EFL charge sheet and what the charges are for, default on transfers, HMRC, Mel refusing to give assurances at the fans meeting he will continue to back the club, the ongoing situation with not being able to sign players. It seems to be more than just an FFP fight now, the owner is checking out and does not want to put another single penny into the club before he does finally leave, or he can’t but any money in. That’s the growing impression I’m getting and the deafening silence is only adding to that. Either way (he won’t or can’t fund any more), it’s unforgivable. He’s the custodian of this club if HE has gambled and now we’re laden with debt, HE should stand behind it. It’s his DUTY and RESPONSIBILITY as custodian of this football club.

I’ve defended him lots on here, but my faith in him is hanging on by a fingertip now .

Just now, SouthStandDan said:

HMRC will not let the debt sit there without a payment plan, that is a fact, I have also heard that a majority of clubs in the EFL are having payment plans with HMRC as are most small/medium sized companies in the UK, on VAT HMRC are giving up to 12 months payment plans on 2020 2nd quarter payments, this is a definite fact based on personal experience.

3 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Plus it's a bit rich criticising the government for wasting money while defending Mel Morris who's urinated hundreds of millions up the wall. 

It was his own money not the supporters money so the analogy is spurious