Season's Eve: How will it end?

IslandExile

Season's Eve: How will it end?  

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well let's have a reference point.

Where do we think we'll be at the end of the season?

Of course, we do not know if there'll be a points deduction, or if things take a turn for the worse and we enter administration, or if a takeover means we can splash the cash in January.

So, just vote on the basis of what we know as of today's date.

I have included 'Automatic promotion' as an option because there's always some joker or wild optimist. Or maybe Colleen comes on here to be even more supportive of her hubby.

For the record, despite everything, despite my opinion of Rooney, I think we'll be ok and won't be seriously threatened by relegation.

I think it's still too early to answer. We've signed 3 players which means we've obviously managed to get around the EFL a little, as previously we were allowed to sign zero.

I'd be more willing to give an answer at the start of September when the window has closed. If we don't sign anybody else and the squad now is what we go with, then we probably won't have the tense final day of the season like we had in May, as we'll already be gone.

If we can sign a couple more trialists and maybe a loan or two to add some depth and a little more quality, then I think we have a chance of staying up. Obviously as the trialists are free agents, they can sign past the end of the window, although I don't think they'd wait too much longer before they start entertaining offers elsewhere, so I'll use the end of the transfer window as a general time limit

Huddersfield, Boro and Forest at home. Hull and Peterborough away. The fixtures may be quite fortunate if we can add players towards the end of the month because we've still got some good opportunities to pick up some points before injuries, tiredness and any Covid unavailability starts to hit our squad with next to no depth.

I hope we can add a few more before the end of August to keep us competitive. Then we'll see what happens between then and January. If the accounts can be submitted, punishment avoided, takeover completed and the Club in a lot more stable position, we might just be ok. Right now though there's far too many unknowns and variables to really predict how good or how bad this season will be.

I'll reserve judgement till the end of August I think.

If there are no more signings and this is our squad for the rest of the season then we'll be cut adrift in the bottom 3 by Christmas.

If somehow things can get sorted and we can sign Morrison, Aluko (Not fussed about Baldock) and somehow manage to get Mengi, Delap and Garner in then we'll be absolutely fine and comfortably mid table. Not to mention getting Bielik and Knight back around Oct/Nov.

At the minute though I can't see how on earth that happens. 

But one way or another these accounts have got to be submitted by the 18th. So we'll probably know more then.

If:

1. We beat the Trees twice

2. See Cashin, Williams, Sibley, Bird and others progress and become better footballers

3. Beat Boro and make Gibson cry and mess up his perm

4. Play some good football

5. Score some good goals

6. Win a few matches

7. See some dignity and pride restored

8. Dont get relegated

Then for me it will have been a good season. That'll do me. 

gibson.JPG

Edited by Ellafella

I can see us being mid table if we get the roll of the dice but it all rather depends on points deduction and getting ownership stability 

Anyway as long as we make an effort, bust a gut and score some goals I’ll be happy with anything except relegation 

We will be the surprise team in the division and after an unexpectedly good start we maintain decent progress and finish the season in 5th before losing 6th points due to fielding an unregistered player in the first game . The loss of points means we just scrape into 6th by the virtue of scoring one more goal than Middlesbrough.  

I’ve put bottom half based on the squad we have as of today and assuming no points deductions and no administration. If either of those happen we’re down but anything on that is speculation.

Personally I think we will finish between 16th and 21st. We have no squad depth if we did I think we could finish higher. We will be a better attacking force than last season with bigger contributions from Lawrence Jozwiak Bird Knight (when back) Sibley and Buchanan, Ebosele Stretton Watson and Thompson could also emerge, as well as Cashin. 

At least this is where I think the team should finish - over to you Wayne!

11 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I’ve put bottom half based on the squad we have as of today and assuming no points deductions and no administration. If either of those happen we’re down but anything on that is speculation.

Personally I think we will finish between 16th and 21st. We have no squad depth if we did I think we could finish higher. We will be a better attacking force than last season with bigger contributions from Lawrence Jozwiak Bird Knight (when back) Sibley and Buchanan, Ebosele Stretton Watson and Thompson could also emerge, as well as Cashin. 

At least this is where I think the team should finish - over to you Wayne!

For me Cashin, Ebosele and Watson are going to be the players who hit the heights this year. All have huge talent. I doubt we'll hang on to Buchanan for much longer.