Season's Eve: How will it end?

IslandExile

Season's Eve: How will it end?  

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In today's Daily Mirror, they've done a run down on all the championship teams and where they think each team will finish. They have Hull in 22nd, Blackpool 23rd and Peterborough finishing bottom. They have the Rams finishing 21st, Fulham champions and Sheffield Utd taking 2nd. Play off places going to Westbrom, Bournemouth, Swansea and Middlesboro. 

There's always a surprise in a team that struggles and a team that's not expected to do well. I'm going for Reading to struggle having finished last season in 7th spot. The surprise team to finish in the top 6 could be QPR or even the Rams (depending on more signings and a club takeover being done).

Looking at the lack of transfers taking place in the Championship, due to most teams lack of funds, it's a very hard Division to predict where any team will finish. It's wide open for most of the teams to finish in the top 6. I think we should revisit this topic once the transfer window is shut, to get a better idea on who will triumph and who will fall. 

Considering the strong possibility that we will sell a couple of our best players, along with Rooney's managerial deficiencies, and the club being in limbo financially, we are likely to be going down. However miracles do happen, and we will certainly need one to avoid the drop. 

Can't see anything but relegation.

Not saying we'll be rooted to the bottom and relegated by March, although deductions for past offences and potentially admin could change that, but over the course of the season I can see lean spells, injury/suspension crisises, naivity from players and manager, a lot more drama and ultimately a tailspin we can't get out of... and for me that sends us down with a couple of the promoted teams.

I hope I'm wrong but it is stacked against us right now.

I don't want to predict anything before September to see about the transfer situation etc. assuming we don't bring in anyone else in the cf position and defensively I'm struggling to see beyond relegation. There just aren't enough goals in the team so they'll be a lot of pressure on the defence and without Clarke we'll be weaker in that department as well. 

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

I don't want to predict anything before September to see about the transfer situation etc. assuming we don't bring in anyone else in the cf position and defensively I'm struggling to see beyond relegation. There just aren't enough goals in the team so they'll be a lot of pressure on the defence and without Clarke we'll be weaker in that department as well. 

I agree. We need another goal scorer as we do lack goals, a creative spark (this could be Morrison) and ideally another CB too.

3 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I agree. We need another goal scorer as we do lack goals, a creative spark (this could be Morrison) and ideally another CB too.

Hasn't Morrison deleted all signs of Derby county from his social media today?

I suspect that particular train had left the station.

Would really love a good number 9 to come in tho..(preferably one who is already a self made millionaire with no need of a substantial monthly wage and with an unhealthy obsession with playing for Derby county)

13 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Would really love a good number 9 to come in tho..(preferably one who is already a self made millionaire with no need of a substantial monthly wage and with an unhealthy obsession with playing for Derby county)

You might be right about that, but I try not too much into these things around who players follow on Twitter ect. I suppose time will tell if any deal can be made.

As for that good number 9 who is self made millionaire and wants to play for us that might be harder to find?

20 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Dave Nugent it is then..............

10 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

If this forum was representative of the fan base in general then I'd be seriously concerned as to the response if we go a goal down.

Thankfully I believe it isn't and reckon the players will get the level of support we so desparately need.

I honestly believe the forum is more positive, generally more supportive and less likely to be vocal in their criticism than the average fan will be in the stadium. 

I think today is vital. The issue is we just don't look like scoring. If we go a goal down, experience tells us we will struggle to score 1 never mind 2 goals. 3 points is vital today but head is telling me 0-0. Unless we add a striker I can only see us finishing bottom 3.

6 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I honestly believe the forum is more positive, generally more supportive and less likely to be vocal in their criticism than the average fan will be in the stadium. 

I think today is vital. The issue is we just don't look like scoring. If we go a goal down, experience tells us we will struggle to score 1 never mind 2 goals. 3 points is vital today but head is telling me 0-0. Unless we add a striker I can only see us finishing bottom 3.

We scored 3 times in our last Championship match, mind you Waghorn scoring 2 to put himself in the shop window and now been sent to Coventry.

It’s amazing, if It wasn’t for all the bird poop happening off the pitch and the whole covid thing and this was a normal start to a normal season…and we were playing Huddersfield at home, I would be as about as excited as I get when the tumble dryer has finished and I can empty It… but… now… I can not wait!!! Come on the Supers!