Season's Eve: How will it end?

IslandExile

Season's Eve: How will it end?  

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is what it is.

No point beating ourselves up too much whether you're behind the owner and manager or not. Just need to back the team now.

Getting Phil Brown season vibes so get up for the fight and hopefully we can bring in some saviours to the club in January, Darren Moore and El Hamdaoui style. 

Being docked three points is not a major upset for a new owner. Six points would stop us being top six but if it got us relegated it would be because there was insufficient investment in players or the new players did not do what was expected of them for whatever reason. Leverage to get the buying price down could be a major issue.

We will stay up, where we finish will really be down to the current unknowns..

i.e. the sooner Morris and his team leave the club the better, we can only hope that a deal is on the way - if that happens well before the transfer window closes then we can strengthen, if not then it will be a long drag until January where hopefully we can stabilise with decent dedicated new owners.

if Morris cant sort this mess out before January then he is even more clueless than he seems now..

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Too many variables to make a realistic assessment on our chances.

Not enough variables I think. Last year, we had the Wendies on -12, a few players, recruited some and had a change of manager when it looked a bit dodgy. 

This year nobody is starting on -ve points and we don't have pot to wee in so can't bring in any players ro change the manager.

I am not 100% sure we are going down after watching the Palace documentary when they seem to have started in the championship in an even worse position back then with 8 players  i think including Claude Davies,and survived!

but still we are not looking great...

Home form is vital. The backing at Pride Park could be the difference between the drop or not.

With the return of fans, I’ll honestly be surprised if we win more than 3 away games all season with this current squad + the trialists.

I’ll also be surprised if any of our current players hit double figures for the season.

Gut feeling... 

Cashin to become our next 'big' academy player. Captain within 3 years. 

Lawrence to hit 20 goals this season, Stretton 10+ goals.

Festy/Bryne to form a scary partnership on the right. 

Mid table with a late season push with the return of Bielik/maturity of youngsters such as Stretton and Hutchinson and hopefully some reinforcements in January. 

That said I'll take last day win to stave of relegation given the chance. 

On the positive side.... No matter when a change of ownership happens there will be opportunity to add to the squad as this season -more than any before it - the pool of free agents beyond the transfer window will be huge.

Assuming there is some budget head room, we could change our fortunes dramatically with four free agents - and I bet they wouldn't be demanding top dollar either.

Not that I am suggesting we sign him, but it's staggering that Tom Huddlestone has not played since leaving us a year ago. There must be some pragmatism settling in with some of these discarded high earners.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

For me Cashin, Ebosele and Watson are going to be the players who hit the heights this year. All have huge talent. I doubt we'll hang on to Buchanan for much longer. 

Agree. As for Buchanan the currents situation actually helps us keep him. We can’t re-invest in the team if we sell him so there is no point and if Fozzy breaks down then it’s a lot of pressure on Williams who doesn’t look ready to me. It’s whether we need the proceeds of the sale to keep us going?! 

28 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

In my mind, we're a team that benefits more than most from having fans in the stadium. Think it might make the difference this season.

You see that flies in the face of a lot of popularist opinion on here that the atmosphere at the ground can be difficult when things aren't going to plan or individual players get targeted for personal abuse.

Not saying that your opinion is wrong by the way just what I've picked up from this forum.

As of right now, I think we will finish in the bottom 3. The fact that we’ve still not sorted many (any) of the issues from the end of last season, despite months of opportunities, and it doesn’t sound like any takeover/investment is close, suggests that Rooney and the coaching team will be left to try and fight with what we’ve got. It’s not a terrible squad, it’s just very weak in certain areas and extremely inexperienced.

If things change behind the scenes and we can sign a few more players before the end of August, the outlook changes. For now, sadly, I can only see one outcome if the lack of action continues.

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You see that flies in the face of a lot of popularist opinion on here that the atmosphere at the ground can be difficult when things aren't going to plan or individual players get targeted for personal abuse.

Not saying that your opinion is wrong by the way just what I've picked up from this forum.

Yeah, when things aren't going to plan on the pitch.

If things are going well or if, at the very least, the players are giving 100%, I actually think we're pretty good.

We're generally a large fanbase that turns out well too, which I think helps. Might not be the case this season, if tomorrow's expected attendance is anything to go by.