The Bookies aren't always right

Carl Sagan

Finally the bookies are offering odds on Derby for the drop, and we are odds-on for relegation.

978073015_20210803Oddsonforrelegation.thumb.JPG.cd5036d87ae3db77139feb04e8000e57.JPG

I'm happy that I'm not tempted to bet against us. Anything above 3 to 1 and I'd have considered it.

Let's hope we can surprise a lot of people. We have two internationals to come back in over the season in Knight and Bielik. Will Ebosele be our Traore? Will Sibley dance his way through opposition defences? 

Everyone starts level (unless we also get a points deduction!!!). It will be a tough ask but I really want the squad to be able to step up and all be heroes and give us all something to smile about.

Come on you Rams!

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Finally the bookies are offering odds on Derby for the drop, and we are odds-on for relegation.

978073015_20210803Oddsonforrelegation.thumb.JPG.cd5036d87ae3db77139feb04e8000e57.JPG

I'm happy that I'm not tempted to bet against us. Anything above 3 to 1 and I'd have considered it.

Let's hope we can surprise a lot of people. We have two internationals to come back in over the season in Knight and Bielik. Will Ebosele be our Traore? Will Sibley dance his way through opposition defences? 

Everyone starts level (unless we also get a points deduction!!!). It will be a tough ask but I really want the squad to be able to step up and all be heroes and give us all something to smile about.

Come on you Rams!

I see a great double.  Derby for promotion 16/1 doubled with Forest for relegation 12/1 that is worth putting a monkey on, close to a hundred grand back, or even a treble Derby for promotion with Forest and Boro relegated. would be over a million back

I would happily lay money on us getting relegated at those odds. I think we will stick around and have a good chance at staying up, so if I can play the bookie in offering essentially 1.7 then I would. I'd go up to 1.8. Smarkets aren't offering a market on it. Betfair Exchange has it at 1.9 - not too bad. 

We will sign some experienced players, Bielik will return at some point. I think we have enough to stick around and who knows what could happen in January. I may wait to see what Mel comes out with tomorrow but could be a worthwhile bet.

Those odds will change if even 3 or 4 of the trialists sign. Right now it’s hard to argue that the side we’d be able to put out would be anything but relegation certainties.

If we have two (at least) established centre backs then we may be able to compete, but again our fate would largely depend on luck with injuries.

Even if every trialist signed tomorrow, I’d take a 21st place finish right now.

56 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Come on you Rams!

6 painter then already on Saturday

40 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Those odds will change if even 3 or 4 of the trialists sign. Right now it’s hard to argue that the side we’d be able to put out would be anything but relegation certainties.

If we have two (at least) established centre backs then we may be able to compete, but again our fate would largely depend on luck with injuries.

Even if every trialist signed tomorrow, I’d take a 21st place finish right now.

Even with the central defenders added the worry is goals. To go into a season with just ckr and Stretton is criminal. Baldock isn’t the answer and ckr as much as I and fans love him I still don’t see getting double figures 

Just now, Joe said:

Derby 7/2 and up to 4/1 to win on Saturday....interesting punt available Huddersfield who we have not focused on are not a good team worth a punt on Derby before any new players might arrive.

Agreed, I will be calling my UK contact to place a wager for me.

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Wonder what they have seen at Forest to have them 8th, their squad is weaker than last season & surely this is based off current squads. They also have Reading 4th who are in a mess too.

A good manager at this level can be the difference between lower midtable and a run at the playoffs. Neil Warnock, Mick McCarthy and Chris Hughton have proven that on several occasions.