Day

Got my ticket thanks to some much kind help from a couple of people on here 

… turns out it’s umpteen times easier on a laptop than mobile 

can’t wait …but fearful at the same time 

All we can do is back them guys they’re our rooster up of a club 

Nows  the time to standup and be counted

COYR 

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Was that midfield and front 4 even on the field at the same time last season? They certainly didn't start a game together.

I think for a couple of games yes, and you take out/add in sibley and it's the same. Unless you think Sibley will turn our least lethal attack in pretty much as long as I've watched them into a team that can score regularly i think the point stands. 

I think if Buchanan is fit, which hopefully he is with him being photo'd at training, I think our starting 11 is still decent enough to beat Huddersfield, its the bench that would be weak.

Forsyth has shown he can do a decent enough job at CB for a couple of games, its just who partners him that would be my concern. Cashin would probably do alright as a one off but he would take up a 'professional standing' space so would be unlikely to be used unless the HMRC embargo is close to removal and professional standing changes to established players so Cashin wouldnt count.

Could be that if we dont use Cashin or bring anyone else in the choices are Bird at CB (1), Buchanan CB with Shinnie LB (2) or Byrne CB with Ebosele RB (3)

(1) Roos - Byrne Bird Fozzy Buchanan - Hutchinson Shinnie - Jozwiak Sibley Lawrence - CKR

(2) Roos - Byrne Fozzy Buchanan Shinnie - Hutchinson Bird - Jozwiak Sibley Lawrence - CKR

(3) Roos - Ebosele Byrne Fozzy Buchanan - Shinnie Bird - Jozwiak Sibley Lawrence - CKR

Edited by DCFC1388

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Yep, more akin to a cup game. We had 17,095 versus Southampton in 2019, and 15,860 against Northampton in 2020, our last FA Cup home tie with fans, I think. 

There's obviously something about having to make the effort to get a ticket instead of it being part of a package that deters people.

we'll probably end up with fewer fans in the ground than we managed for southport in the third round a few years ago... hard to imagine that for the opening game really. 

18 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Can you imagine the job of the kit man/women - no idea if they could have shirts printed up with names on them or is it best to go with trialist and a spare number whilst the youngsters could Also have shirts printed up - tough job full of anxiety I suspect. 

Hey Carroll, you can wear Wisdom’s shirt.

But it’s far too big, and last seasons, and the away shirt.

Just put it on you big girls blouse.

5601586B-8DDA-4FCA-A88E-A25270AE6409.gif

35 minutes ago, robglosta said:

Rams 21/5 to win at home versus Hudds on the season opener, wow - now, I know we’re a mess, but there are a lot of unknowns in this fixture. Worth a bet! 

Could only get 15/4.

Just how much did you put on? ?

I actually think we'll win 

If we don't sign any players we are clearly worse on paper than last season with contracts expiring and loans returning. But i actually think just because we shouldnt win we actually will. Its the Derby way.

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

My predicted team

Roos

Byrne Davies Cashin Forsyth 

Shinnie Bird

Lawrence 

Ebosele CKR Jozwiak

That team illustrates how desperate we are for signings, guessing Davies will be first through the door and captain. But who knows.. 

I actually wouldn't mind that starting line-up. Would put pressure on Festy and Joz to do a lot of covering but not impossible. 

I have two extra tickets for the game tomorrow, that I can't refund and can't exchange. Does anyone want them? One senior and one adult. Mobile tickets so I can just send them over. I don't really want any money for them I just don't want to leave two empty seats that can't be used.

Edited by Lander