v Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

Day

Just now, superzak said:

Thats still a 19000 crowd. When maxwell was playing games Im sure 9000 was a big gate at the BBG.

And I’m sure that there will be more sold especially if we get some signings done hopefully

Roos

Byrne  Cashin  Forsyth  Buchanan (or Williams)

Bird   Shinnie

Ebosele       Sibley       Jozwiak

CKR

Easy three points.

Edited by Dimmu

1 hour ago, superzak said:

Thats still a 19000 crowd. When maxwell was playing games Im sure 9000 was a big gate at the BBG.

Minus the season ticket holders who may still not go which I suspect may be quite a few.

Hopefully still around 19000 total in the end with late ticket buyers.

Still the smallest gate in years for a league game.

6 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Minus the season ticket holders who may still not go which I suspect may be quite a few.

Hopefully still around 19000 total in the end with late ticket buyers.

Still the smallest gate in years for a league game.

Yep, more akin to a cup game. We had 17,095 versus Southampton in 2019, and 15,860 against Northampton in 2020, our last FA Cup home tie with fans, I think. 

There's obviously something about having to make the effort to get a ticket instead of it being part of a package that deters people.

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Roos

Byrne  Cashin  Forsyth  Buchanan (or Williams)

Bird   Shinnie

Ebosele       Sibley       Jozwiak

CKR

Easy three points.

I think that’s not such a bad team. We can win if the right tactics are deployed.
Wait . . . We have an incompetent management team so no chance

31 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yep, more akin to a cup game. We had 17,095 versus Southampton in 2019, and 15,860 against Northampton in 2020, our last FA Cup home tie with fans, I think. 

There's obviously something about having to make the effort to get a ticket instead of it being part of a package that deters people.

Yes and I'm sure there are still many, especially amongst our older fans,who are still wary of mixing in crowds.

It is a faff not just turning up with your season ticket and going into the ground and it's not Ideal that you have to try and locate your old seats on the dcfc website which is a bit of a  nightmare in itself.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

9 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

Try scrolling up. When I did it on my desktop, when it hit the credit card details screen, it was scrolled halfway down a massive white space below the payment form.  It was obvious to me because I had scrollbars, if you're on a iPhone or something that hides scrollbars you might miss it.

Worked a treat Thankyou 

2 hours ago, Philmycock said:

We only dropped that low at the very end of the nothing season in division three 84/85 when we finished 7th

The following year, the Promotion season at home to Swansea was 9000, John Gregory sat in the stands after we had just signed him and I think it was the biggest win of the season, 5-1, Night game in September I think from memory

2 hours ago, StrawHillRam said:

I think that’s not such a bad team. We can win if the right tactics are deployed.
Wait . . . We have an incompetent management team so no chance

But I doubt they would leave our biggest attacking threat and captain Lawrence out of the 11.....

9 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

It's exactly the same midfield and front 4 that got us an astonishingly low number of goals last season though. For me the problem is in the defence and forward areas. As well as the midfield two Bird and Shinnie play awfully together.  

Was that midfield and front 4 even on the field at the same time last season? They certainly didn't start a game together.