The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

10 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

Hey, we may be a mess but this morning Alan Nixon has gone from 'Mel doesn't want to make signings' to 'the EFL needs to tell Derby how many signings they can make' to 'Dcfc have handed out blank contracts' to 'The EFL haven't told Derby how much they will let them pay'.

It’s possible that handing them all contracts is the club trying to say to them ‘we want to sign you, we’re not stringing you along, but until the EFL tell us what we’re allowed to pay you then we can’t put that part in the contract, and we don’t expect you to sign it yet’ but at least they know then that we DO want to sign them.

ETA-I’ve just seen the latest Nixon tweet, it looks like this is exactly why they’ve done it.

Edited by RandomAccessMemory

Just now, gccrowdpleaser said:

They will tell is in the next 24 to 25 hours. Hedging his bets to try and get something right.

Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

Well we haven't signed anyone yet, so he's not wrong there! ?

My little input regarding the academy involvement.

• When Mel took over, he started investing heavily in the academy, which he knew would take a number of years to bear fruit.
  • Investment went into the first team in his 2nd season, which theoretically wouldn't impact the long term prospects of the academy.
  • Involvement of fringe academy players was reduced under certain managers (Pearson, Rowett). I believe Mel has previously suggested he was misled during the interview process
  • Academy products were involved a lot last season, but Buchanan and Sibley in particular should have been used a lot more than they were

Minutes given to academy graduates in the league

image.thumb.png.7ff6e4b661af79ad14a9a24d6482162a.png

Bad recruitment

This could fall under the manager, recruitment or even Mel.

• 15/16, Pearce/Shackell - Signed both at the same time (4 and 3 year deals respectively), only for Shackell to play in the first season and Pearce to play in the second, with minimal involvement in the other seasons. Why didn't we sign just 1 of them, with Rawson in reserve?
  • 15/16, Olsson - Warnock and Forsyth already at the club with Lowe on the fringes
  • 15/16, Blackman/Camara - We already had Ince, Russell and Weimann, with Bennett on the fringes
  • 16/17, Anya - We already had Ince, Russell, Weimann, Blackman and Camara on the wings. One of the most pointless signings of all time.
  • 18/19, Malone/Cole - Forsyth and Lowe. We also had McDonald on the fringes.
  • 18/19, Jozefzoon - With Wilson, Lawrence, Waghorn and Bennett already as options, we should have given minutes to LThomas, McAllister or JML
  • 19/20, Hamer/Dowell/Paterson - all pointless loans

6 minutes ago, Footymum2017 said:

If staff and players believe what a fan group is saying on twitter then there are more problems in the club than we all thought!

I get what you’re saying, and it does sound ridiculous, but once something like that is posted, it spreads like wildfire and it becomes gospel.

I’d completely understand why that comment would lead to the players and staff wanting some more answers.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

My little input regarding the academy involvement.

• When Mel took over, he started investing heavily in the academy, which he knew would take a number of years to bear fruit.
  • Investment went into the first team in his 2nd season, which theoretically wouldn't impact the long term prospects of the academy.
  • Involvement of fringe academy players was reduced under certain managers (Pearson, Rowett). I believe Mel has previously suggested he was misled during the interview process
  • Academy products were involved a lot last season, but Buchanan and Sibley in particular should have been used a lot more than they were

Minutes given to academy graduates in the league

image.thumb.png.7ff6e4b661af79ad14a9a24d6482162a.png

Bad recruitment

This could fall under the manager, recruitment or even Mel.

• 15/16, Pearce/Shackell - Signed both at the same time (4 and 3 year deals respectively), only for Shackell to play in the first season and Pearce to play in the second, with minimal involvement in the other seasons. Why didn't we sign just 1 of them, with Rawson in reserve?
  • 15/16, Olsson - Warnock and Forsyth already at the club with Lowe on the fringes
  • 15/16, Blackman/Camara - We already had Ince, Russell and Weimann, with Bennett on the fringes
  • 16/17, Anya - We already had Ince, Russell, Weimann, Blackman and Camara on the wings. One of the most pointless signings of all time.
  • 18/19, Malone/Cole - Forsyth and Lowe. We also had McDonald on the fringes.
  • 18/19, Jozefzoon - With Wilson, Lawrence, Waghorn and Bennett already as options, we should have given minutes to LThomas, McAllister or JML
  • 19/20, Hamer/Dowell/Paterson - all pointless loans

cracking post.  In your table we have gave significant minutes to academy graduates- how does this compare with other teams does anyone know? I would argue we are top of the championship (probably the 92) with this?

2 hours ago, DRS94 said:

Under Morris we have seen Hughes Hendrick Lowe Bogle Delap Gordon Brown Whittaker and Bennett all leave I can’t get my head around this academy comment. If we got offered a decent fee for Buchanan or sibley they’d be out the door too the bloke has consistently talked out his arse throughout his tenure.

They have all been effectively sold - unlike most of the expensive rubbish we paid transfer fees and large wages on long contracts for