Captain Tom Lawrence

RoyMac5

46 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Blimey, was he to blame for Covid 19 and the assassination of Kennedy too?! ?

Perhaps coming back fresher after a break, and seeing how much we missed him, knowing he should have been on the pitch, will motivate him to try harder after his ban! You know a bit like making him captain encouraged his play. #COYR

Why couldn't he stay in the UK

Why couldn't he still be around the team encouraging his mates we're all in this together and he goes on holiday 

2 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Why couldn't he stay in the UK

Why couldn't he still be around the team encouraging his mates we're all in this together and he goes on holiday 

Maybe it was on club advice?

Go away, reflect, recharge the batteries. We’ve got a battle on our hands - that sort of thing?

We don't hear or see what happens at Moor Farm or PP, TL lost his Mum, This still could be affecting him...who knows ?‍♂️, If and it's a big IF TL was advised to take a break then he's taking that advice, If on the other hand WR is sending TL off on a jolly to recharge his batteries it's not a descision I agree with, Everyone and his dog if fighting tooth and nail for the cause and yet our Captain has been given some time in the Sunshine...if this is true.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, But this could be seen as TL being a favourite with WR, When Sven Goran Ericson was the England Manager he treated David Beckham differently to the rest of the squad by giving him special treatment when staying in hotels, While other players had certain curfews, Some other Senior players were not happy.

13 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

I understand it was probably on advice from the club but wouldn't it have been nice to hear him say no I'm hanging around to support the team in anyway i can 

Which is, by going away, getting a break and coming back ready to make amends.

I don't see a problem with him following advice from his manager who has been there and done that in his playing career. Clearly Rooney has managed Lawrence well this year and showing faith in him to be our captain and lead from the front has been working for everyone.

The red card was reckless and an error of judgment, but I think most people have been guilty of making rash decisions in the heat of a moment and if we want to protect squad morale we should be supporting Tom when he returns.

He was a miss last night, but he wouldn't have had an effect on us going behind with the first attack of the game. We still controlled most of the game, but we just didn't make the most of our possession and some were too afraid to shoot when given the opportunity. Millwall are aiming for top 6 and we all know a Rowett team is hard to breakdown after they get ahead. I don't think having Lawrence there (on the pitch or on the sidelines) would've made a difference to the result unfortunately.

We've got 2 more matches without him. One just as tough (on current form) with Luton and then hopefully a more winnable fixture against Cardiff. From then on Tom needs to come back in and be the leader and difference maker again. If he can be fresh and ready for the challenge physically and mentally then that can be the difference to survival or just wilting away and seeing through the rest of this season.

Wayne what have you done! turned against you after the Euro finals when you was banned for the opening 2 games, and you was allowed to go to Las Vagas where photos showed you with bleary eyes looking so tired, who knows what you got upto, this is the clean version!!! on arrival back in the Ukraine you started in the 3rd game looking so unfit and overweight.

England captain you should have been in Ukraine for the opening 2 games supporting the players, as so should Tom be in Derby supporting the players your are supposed to be captain what a joke, sooner the season is over and you are gone the better.

Fully behind Wayne however this is a wrong decision, unless their is friction behind the scenes with captain Tom.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Blimey, was he to blame for Covid 19 and the assassination of Kennedy too?! ?

Perhaps coming back fresher after a break, and seeing how much we missed him, knowing he should have been on the pitch, will motivate him to try harder after his ban! You know a bit like making him captain encouraged his play. #COYR

Lets hope he can try 8-12 points harder.  Thats where we'll probably be

12 minutes ago, cannable said:

Because he was sent away on holiday

Good point,  well made.

It's one or the other. He sticks around,  suffers, trains, sits with the players and kicks every ball.

Or ..he goes away, clears his head, gets some perspective,  relaxes...and comes back with renewed vigour and is like a new player.

Brave decision by Wayne,  not sure its one I would have taken but his man management has been brilliant this season, so I'm willing to trust him. By the same logic it's not fair to slate Tom if he has been told to have a few days off. I'm sure it's been really intense and it may do him good.