This is why the EFL are gunning for Mel

Gringo

Mel and Derby county were one of the ring leaders along with Villa and Leeds in terms of telling the EFL they could not negotiate their way out of a wet paper bag.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/efl-sky-tv-Derby-leeds-2209661

Looking at the fall out of a clearly bad TV deal, the media said "Morris is the only chairman of a Football League club to lift his head above the parapet and suggest that the Football League should have negotiated a better deal for its clubs, but those pleas appear to have fallen on deaf ears."   Mel's view was that SKY should have paid £300million not the £120million that they eventually negotiated.

The championship is an exciting league, I would argue more exciting than who will finish second to Man City

This whole thing with the EFL and Mel is in my opinion, nothing to do with how to amortise your depreciation, they just want to remove him from the Football League as they regard him as a trouble maker who questions their competence to run the third most popular league in the world, DCFC will be just collateral damage

Just now, Charlotte Ram said:

Mel and Derby county were one of the ring leaders along with Villa and Leeds in terms of telling the EFL they could not negotiate their way out of a wet paper bag.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/efl-sky-tv-Derby-leeds-2209661

Looking at the fall out of a clearly bad TV deal, the media said "Morris is the only chairman of a Football League club to lift his head above the parapet and suggest that the Football League should have negotiated a better deal for its clubs, but those pleas appear to have fallen on deaf ears."   Mel's view was that SKY should have paid £300million not the £120million that they eventually negotiated.

The championship is an exciting league, I would argue more exciting than who will finish second to Man City

This whole thing with the EFL and Mel is in my opinion, nothing to do with how to amortise your depreciation, they just want to remove him from the Football League as they regard him as a trouble maker who questions their competence to run the third most popular league in the world, DCFC will be just collateral damage

The LAP were in a position to apply a penalty without appeal and decided against it out of fairness.

2 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Couldn't agree more but what they fail to realise is that by dragging all this on they're preventing/slowing down a takeover which will see them rid of Mel.

Also, it doesn't help that the other 2 clubs are now in the Prem so he is the only chairman remaining who initially went against them.

Off the back of this we also moved away from the EFL's ifollow platform and had ramstv.

19 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Couldn't agree more but what they fail to realise is that by dragging all this on they're preventing/slowing down a takeover which will see them rid of Mel.

Also, it doesn't help that the other 2 clubs are now in the Prem so he is the only chairman remaining who initially went against them.

Off the back of this we also moved away from the EFL's ifollow platform and had ramstv.

By dragging all this on they keep us under embargo and we can't look to bring in an adequate squad due to wage restriction and ambiguity of division .  They relegate us next year, points deduction or not.  

But the EFL actions are also driven by the pressures put on them by other clubs.

If they let up on Derby they get toy throwing from Wycombe and Boro.

It's not how it should work, but seems to be an element of how it does work.

And whilst I do generally think Derby are in the wrong "a bit" on some of this, the notion that we are uniquely bad, evil, wrong, worst cheats ever seems a bit far fetched but very popular in some corners of the internet.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

But the EFL actions are also driven by the pressures put on them by other clubs.

If they let up on Derby they get toy throwing from Wycombe and Boro.

It's not how it should work, but seems to be an element of how it does work.

And whilst I do generally think Derby are in the wrong "a bit" on some of this, the notion that we are uniquely bad, evil, wrong, worst cheats ever seems a bit far fetched but very popular in some corners of the internet.

The same corners  of the Internet that think the covid vaccine is produced by Bill Gates to inject microchips into all of our bodies so we can be controlled by the new world order?

40 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

By dragging all this on they keep us under embargo and we can't look to bring in an adequate squad due to wage restriction and ambiguity of division .  They relegate us next year, points deduction or not.  

Yes, that's how I see it. It sort of reminds me of O Level History & the bit about the medieval practice of ducking stools. Drown and you're not a witch, survive getting submerged for 10 minutes and you get burnt at the stake.

As for the EFL having a vendetta, the truth is that we have been badly run by our owner. The ultimate blame lies with us. 

50 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

It’s a nice thought, but as put quite succinctly by @Tyler Durden I think you are wide of the mark. Even the EFL probably know it was a poor TV deal, particularly Rick Parry. Only that total arsepiece Shaun Harvey and Sky thought it was a good deal at the time.

We are where we are for 3 reasons:

1) The Rams came up with an amortisation policy that was apparently without proper system or record. The evidence given by the club throughout suggests that it’s approach to valuing players was a bit ‘wet finger in the wind’ giving the impression that they might be gaming the figures for P&S advantage. We are yet to know whether that is or was the case, but I could have told you two years into their contracts that Butterfield, Blackman, Anya and Johnson were worth close to duck all.

2) Steve Gibson thought he could nail us on the stadium valuation, and his threat to sue the EFL because Boro failed to get into the 2018/19 playoffs, led the EFL to throwing as much poo as they could at the Rams to make sure something stuck. As it happens only a small bit did, and that was for a charge they tacked on late at the start of the hearing process.

3) The EFL administration are incompetent, and I don’t think they foresaw that the Rams would be as successful as they have been to date at keeping this matter to as low as a possible £100,000 fine. But by their subsequent actions and comments they have found themselves in a face saving position where they are desperately trying to hold on to their last strands of integrity, whilst also being bullied by a number of member club vested interests which means this process has effectively spun out of their control. I tell you, they must want this to end as much as we do.

Its a shambolic mess for all concerned unless you are 1) the Sky Finance Director or 2) the Sky Sports ‘rolling news’ Editor.

30 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

It’s a nice thought, but as put quite succinctly by @Tyler Durden I think you are wide of the mark. Even the EFL probably know it was a poor TV deal, particularly Rick Parry. Only that total arsepiece Shaun Harvey and Sky thought it was a good deal at the time.

1) The Rams came up with an amortisation policy that was apparently without proper system or record. The evidence given by the club throughout suggests that it’s approach to valuing players was a bit ‘wet finger in the wind’ giving the impression that they might be gaming the figures for P&S advantage. We are yet to know whether that is or was the case, but I could have told you two years into their contracts that Butterfield, Blackman, Anya and Johnson were worth close to duck all.

2) Steve Gibson thought he could nail us on the stadium valuation, and his threat to sue the EFL because Boro failed to get into the 2018/19 playoffs, led the EFL to throwing as much poo as they could at the Rams to make sure something stuck. As it happens only a small bit did, and that was for a charge they tacked on late at the start of the hearing process.

3) The EFL administration are incompetent, and I don’t think they foresaw that the Rams would be as successful as they have been to date at keeping this matter to as low as a possible £100,000 fine. But by their subsequent actions and comments they have found themselves in a face saving position where they are desperately trying to hold on to their last strands of integrity, whilst also being bullied by a number of member club vested interests which means this process has effectively spun out of their control. I tell you, they must want this to end as much as we do.

Its a shambolic mess for all concerned unless you are 1) the Sky Finance Director or 2) the Sky Sports ‘rolling news’ Editor.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Who's stolen @i-Ram's login details. He's making sense. Either that or we've got lucky and he's posted during his sensible 10 minutes.

Love you really @i-Ram

4 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Spot on @Charlotte Ram. The EFL are incompetent, and this is Mel’s Payback for underlining it. And as Simon Jordan said “the EFL sit around discussing the colour of the linesman’s flags whilst football clubs go to the wall”. 

Edited by Ellafella

Just now, irobinson said:

Yeah but Leeds and Villa got up With a proper strategy 

where were we with MM?

established prem teams now  

I think villa strategy was the Derby strategy but without vainest attempt to stay cool on FFP. Absolute ? or bust.

If we had blown more cash on another couple of centre forwards that would have been the villa style strategy.

8 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

This whole thing with the EFL and Mel is in my opinion, nothing to do with how to amortise your depreciation, they just want to remove him from the Football League

You say ‘the whole thing’. But surely there are a few things going on - some clubs out to get us,  the EFl itself being tired of Mel’s sniping, and our aggressive accounting  

But the view you put forward in this thread suggests we’d be better off if we moved on from the ‘bitter feud’. I wish we would. 

14 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

You say ‘the whole thing’. But surely there are a few things going on - some clubs out to get us,  the EFl itself being tired of Mel’s sniping, and our aggressive accounting  

But the view you put forward in this thread suggests we’d be better off if we moved on from the ‘bitter feud’. I wish we would. 

Why should mel be the one to back down gibson the one who started all of this my question what does that banker gibson got to hide.