2021 / 2022 New kit

Charlie George

Rate the 21/22 Home Kit  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

49 minutes ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

So as a young lad playing football... you had your dad's name on the back of your shirt, had your dad's hair cut and would try replicate all things your dad would do? 

It's got nothing to do with parents shirking responsibility. Kids will always look up to other people in areas that interest them such as football. I'm not saying all footballers HAVE to be role models because they don't... It's not in their job description. It's just from a personal perspective I'd like my club to have players that young people can look up to... rather than those who don't abide by the law. (I'd put something a bit more blunt here but I know how delicate you admins can be about words that are seen as negative to players albeit even if they are 100% factually accurate). 

I had Wanchope’s name printed on my shirt because he was my favourite player, not that I looked up to him as any kind of role model. 

The idea that footballers should be role models is frankly absurd.

1 hour ago, David said:

I had Wanchope’s name printed on my shirt because he was my favourite player, not that I looked up to him as any kind of role model. 

The idea that footballers should be role models is frankly absurd.

A quick Google search shows that Cristiano Ronaldo is the 5th most influential person in 2021. He currently has over 92M followers on Twitter.

I'm not claiming that footballers SHOULD be role models like you insist and I'll agree with that. However, you can't surely believe that they arnt influential to young people regardless of whether they should or shouldn't be? 

Would you accept someone like Lee Hughes (Ex Notts County player) into our team? 

21 minutes ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

A quick Google search shows that Cristiano Ronaldo is the 5th most influential person in 2021. He currently has over 92M followers on Twitter.

I'm not claiming that footballers SHOULD be role models like you insist and I'll agree with that. However, you can't surely believe that they arnt influential to young people regardless of whether they should or shouldn't be? 

Would you accept someone like Lee Hughes (Ex Notts County player) into our team? 

Just look at Coca-cola having 4 billion wiped off their share price just because Ronaldo moved 2 bottles out of the way.

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Just look at Coca-cola having 4 billion wiped off their share price just because Ronaldo moved 2 bottles out of the way.

That’s not true at all. The share price had already dropped before that press conference. 

2 hours ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

I know we're desperate, but he's a bit old.

7 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I also wonder at the minute who you would choose to put in the shirts for the adverts for fear of the players not being there much longer.

CKR is nailed on obviously to be used, but can we expect Jozwiak, Lawrence etc to be here come kick off in August?

Shinnie, Byrne, Bielik, that twonk from wrong direction.

A friend of mine who works with Umbro - the one who told me about the pink last year - has mentioned that the home kit has blue in it this year. He was very cagey, so no further details other that, but could it be back to blue shorts?

He also said that one of the two away kits was 'stunning'; the other one was a bit boring.

On behalf of B4 I asked if there was any pink involved and he said 'not in the outfield kits' - maybe a pink keeper's kit?

8 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

A friend of mine who works with Umbro - the one who told me about the pink last year - has mentioned that the home kit has blue in it this year. He was very cagey, so no further details other that, but could it be back to blue shorts?

He also said that one of the two away kits was 'stunning'; the other one was a bit boring.

On behalf of B4 I asked if there was any pink involved and he said 'not in the outfield kits' - maybe a pink keeper's kit?

Oooh teaser! :D

Did your friend say when we're going to get the new kit?

7 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

is that to add a nice accent to the white stars of our new american owners? ?

10 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

Makes sense, to celebrate 50 years since we won the league, in blue shorts.

On 21/06/2021 at 08:35, StarterForTen said:

My best friend been teasing me he was going buy me the pink kit he knows how I feel about it. I told him at the time it would go in the bin.