2021 / 2022 New kit

Charlie George

Rate the 21/22 Home Kit  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/07/derbys-players-get-down-to-work-in-202122-trainingwear

Good to see Knighty back, looks good in orange! Scores a cracking 'goal' in the video for the training kit above. #COYR

image.png.d156fae0cd0c550feff8144abf61f418.png

I was a bit concerned to see that CKR appears to be cultivating a "Jason Lee Pineapple" hairdo. 

There can be only one..... ?

image.png.a5af07fbdaa0a2059f9b749b545de4a0.png

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Nice idea for the anniversary but I can just imagine the incoming “living in the post” comments.

They’re just part and parcel of forum life, the mods could stamp them out but as they do a first class job in the main, I think they’ll let us express our views both pro and anti. 

25 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

They’re just part and parcel of forum life, the mods could stamp them out but as they do a first class job in the main, I think they’ll let us express our views both pro and anti. 

I didn’t just mean on this forum. It wouldn’t bother me too much (same as “Wayne Rooney’s Derby County” or “Frank Lampard’s Derby County” does/did).

16 hours ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

The sponsor is absolutely howling. I really wish Derby wouldn't advertise betting companies.

Same sponsor - Different brand within their portfolio (although I mostly agree with your stance)

17 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

This forum hasn't been moderated sensibly for years. Living in the past mate. 

18 hours ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

The sponsor is absolutely howling. I really wish Derby wouldn't advertise betting companies.

My view is there is a subtle difference between sponsorship and advertising. I think sponsorship is all about brand recognition. I don’t think many (if any) people are going to see “Unibet” on a Derby shirt and think “I know, I’ll go and place a bet”. More likely, it is aimed at folk that already gamble and Unibet is now higher up the list of betting companies they’ve heard off. Advertising is a lot more dangerous as it is also designed to encourage you to go and actually place a bet.

That’s my theory and is probably total rubbish. 

59 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

My view is there is a subtle difference between sponsorship and advertising. I think sponsorship is all about brand recognition. I don’t think many (if any) people are going to see “Unibet” on a Derby shirt and think “I know, I’ll go and place a bet”. More likely, it is aimed at folk that already gamble and Unibet is now higher up the list of betting companies they’ve heard off. Advertising is a lot more dangerous as it is also designed to encourage you to go and actually place a bet.

That’s my theory and is probably total rubbish. 

And people tried that argument with tobacco.

We're not just talking about shirt sponsorship though....

Betting adverts shown during football on TV, irrespective of brand, reinforce the view that betting is fun. As cigarette adverts promoted smoking as being cool.

They have a big impact on young, impressionable folks - and especially children.

16 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

And people tried that argument with tobacco.

We're not just talking about shirt sponsorship though....

Betting adverts shown during football on TV, irrespective of brand, reinforce the view that betting is fun. As cigarette adverts promoted smoking as being cool.

They have a big impact on young, impressionable folks - and especially children.

That’s exactly what I’m saying. The sponsorship in itself isn’t the issue, it’s the deluge of advertising we’re bombarded with regardless of who your shirt sponsor is. 

11 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

That’s exactly what I’m saying. The sponsorship in itself isn’t the issue, it’s the deluge of advertising we’re bombarded with regardless of who your shirt sponsor is. 

Yeah, sorry, I realised that when I re-read your message. I'm with you. I would just say that the effect is cumulative - little kid asks what the sponsorship on the players' shirts refers to, then sees an advert on TV, makes the association and before you know it they're a chain smoking alcoholic with a severe gambling problem.