The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

46 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

ITV's football coverage is the worst on TV. The worst camera shots, the worst technical add-ons, the worst commentators and the dreaded adverts. At least this time they didn't manage to miss any of the England goals like they did in 2010.

The footage is all provided to them I think. So whether it’s bbc or itv you’d always get the same shots. It’s not like there’s a separate ITV camera and a separate BBC camera. 

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

It's just an agenda against England. Even if it was a soft penalty, I fully believe we would have scored anyway to win 2-1. Denmark didn't touch us in extra time. They were out on their feet at the end. England dominated and deserved the victory. 

Those last 10 minutes we could have almost scored at will, but didn’t need to. If we hadn’t already been in the lead at that point I’m sure we would have scored in the second half of extra time. 

Last 10 mins was probably so easy because Denmark had 10 men...

100% a dive for the penalty.

Schmeichel kept Denmark in it, great performance.

England the better side from about 35 minutes onwards and deserved the win.

Weird game, never felt nervy at any point watching it even though it was ostensibly a tight game.

Hopefully finish the job on Sunday.

Seen a lot of bitterness around about the penalty. A reminder to anyone outside of England moaning about it that not only was Denmark's free kick equally soft, but the goal shouldn't have stood because the Denmark players were too close to the wall when it was taken which should have resulted in a retake.

Also, is anyone really going to expect us to give a toss after the incidents we had against Argentina (twice), Portugal, the ghost goal against Germany? Nah. I'm loving this.

18 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Seen a lot of bitterness around about the penalty. A reminder to anyone outside of England moaning about it that not only was Denmark's free kick equally soft, but the goal shouldn't have stood because the Denmark players were too close to the wall when it was taken which should have resulted in a retake.

Also, is anyone really going to expect us to give a toss after the incidents we had against Argentina (twice), Portugal, the ghost goal against Germany? Nah. I'm loving this.

Spot on. There's an agenda against England and people can't even hide it. Whatever the team do, whatever Southgate does, they never seem to get the credit from some. I said before the tournament, even if England manage to win it, there'll be some people out there who find a way to discredit it. It's embarrassing really.

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Spot on. There's an agenda against England and people can't even hide it. Whatever the team do, whatever Southgate does, they never seem to get the credit from some. I said before the tournament, even if England manage to win it, there'll be some people out there who find a way to discredit it. It's embarrassing really.

It’s like the World Cup semi final. We only got there cos of an easy run and lost to the first decent opposition we came across. If we lose on Sunday, the same people will be out hitting him with the same stick. 

I really hope we win on Sunday for a number of reasons, but mostly it would be really good to shut those people up and say ‘look, here’s a good team, and we can beat them.’

even then it’ll probably be because Italy were tired or something. 

you don’t get to a semi final and then a final by pure luck. 

7 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

It’s like the World Cup semi final. We only got there cos of an easy run and lost to the first decent opposition we came across. If we lose on Sunday, the same people will be out hitting him with the same stick. 

I really hope we win on Sunday for a number of reasons, but mostly it would be really good to shut those people up and say ‘look, here’s a good team, and we can beat them.’

even then it’ll probably be because Italy were tired or something. 

you don’t get to a semi final and then a final by pure luck. 

We beat Germany. Before the game we were going to get battered. Then after the game, it's a poor German side. Some people just don't like England. Our group was actually one of the harder groups. Croatia took Spain to extra time and Czech Republic made it to the quarter finals. But again it's an 'easy run.' 

Makes me laugh how people are piping up saying that Sterling dived for the penalty and hoping Italy batter us. Are we suddenly forgetting that Italy are the biggest cheaters in this tournament! Some of their antics, it's a joke. But it doesn't get spoken about because people want England to fail. 

It wasn’t a dive for the penalty all though it was soft, however it evened out for the one we should of had on Kane. 
Anyway I don’t care, after the handball in 86, Beckham’s red, Rooney’s red, Lampard’s goal that never was, it’s about time we had something go our way in a major tournament. 

In the minority on here but i thought it was a penalty , Jensen the culprit , cutting across Raheem and catching his hip , Kane , Sterling and Walker outstanding , fans superb , and to all the Pickford bashes , think he will have a big say in us winning the trophy on Sunday , does get carried away at ytimes but is as brave as a lion

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Be nice to go five minutes without one of the teams I support being charged with something ?

Meh, could be worse, someone could start a petition to have the match replayed.

Oh.

https://www.change.org/p/uefa-rematch-england-vs-denmark/c

Twitter really is hilarious this morning ?