when can we expect the player retained list?

Woodley Ram

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Join a team in crisis that has failed to pay it’s players fairly recently, are under a transfer embargo, haven’t a pot to pi*s in, have a potential points deduction looming, are on to it’s third new ownership saga, stayed up by the skin of our teeth, have about 13 first team players, a Manager who oversaw at times embarrassing performances culminating in the worst record in English football during the last third of the season…..yes, they will be queuing up ?

Why would a transfer embargo worry a player as long as he is able to sign? An embargo doesnt mean we cant sign anyone at all. Failure to pay the players was due to timing on a potential takeover, its not actually to do with the club not being able to afford it. Will a player actually be too bothered by a potential takeover or not? It might actually excite them that the club could be taken over soon. I think alot of players would be happy to play for us rather than sit around all season without a club. Im not saying im a fan of Rooney as I am not, but I do think his name in football will carry some weight & help bring some players in as he will be an idol to many of them. As for only having 13 players on the books, at least they would know they have a good chance of playing regularly lol. At this stage a points deduction is just rumours.

8 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Why would a transfer embargo worry a player as long as he is able to sign? An embargo doesnt mean we cant sign anyone at all. Failure to pay the players was due to timing on a potential takeover, its not actually to do with the club not being able to afford it. Will a player actually be too bothered by a potential takeover or not? It might actually excite them that the club could be taken over soon. I think alot of players would be happy to play for us rather than sit around all season without a club. Im not saying im a fan of Rooney as I am not, but I do think his name in football will carry some weight & help bring some players in as he will be an idol to many of them. As for only having 13 players on the books, at least they would know they have a good chance of playing regularly lol. At this stage a points deduction is just rumours.

We'll have none of that positivity round here thank you very much.... 

2 hours ago, Malty said:

We have only 4 coaches, right? 

Liam

wayne

shay

justin

this time last year we had the 3 Dutch chaps as well, with Wayne as a player - so 6 coaches. We’ve therefore also reduced our coaches for the senior squad by 33% (and prob a lot more in cash terms). Or have I missed someone/something?

At first-team level Jason Pearcey (goalkeepers) and Shane Nicholson (fitness) as well.

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

OK, let me put it another way.

If we avoid a points deduction and finish, what will no doubt still be a difficult season, around 16th or 17th 7 points clear of relegation, would you be calling for his head?

if we accumulated the same number of points but were relegated due to a 9 point deduction, you’d want him sacked?

yes, because the squad is capable of finishing higher than 17th

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

To support Toichi Suzuki on the left flank, Englishman Archibald Brown (19) arrives from Derby County U23.

Really liked Archie Brown. He definitely has potential to be a very good player. I think that’s just the sign of the times, though, any good young player with potential shouldn’t want to play for us in our current state. 

If you’re a highly rated young footballer and your agent is telling you to join Derby County - honestly, you need a new agent! 

5 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Really liked Archie Brown. He definitely has potential to be a very good player. I think that’s just the sign of the times, though, any good young player with potential shouldn’t want to play for us in our current state. 

If you’re a highly rated young footballer and your agent is telling you to join Derby County - honestly, you need a new agent! 

But Lausanne? That’s the strange bit that doesn’t make sense. 

Does anyone really believe that Rooney is capable of getting results with a weaker team than last season.

I didn't think it was possible for the club to have a weaker team that last season.

We have 14 players, 3 of those get injured, we then have 11. One more player gets injured and we are fielding junior players to be allowed to play matches.

Rooney in my eyes is not the man to take the club forward, he's not the sort of manager who can get results when the clubs in a relegation fight from the start.

I think Mel put Rooney in charge to try and bring in new owners, in my opinion it has not worked.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Yeah it must be horrible to have a great chance of being fast-tracked into a Championship first team.

The problem there being that young players should be focusing on development rather than how fast they can make the first team. 

We’ve progressed a lot of academy players recently, but how many of them have significantly improved in the first team environment since making their debut. 

At the end of last season, they all collectively took a step backwards: Buchanan, Sibley, Knight and Bird. 

26 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Does anyone really believe that Rooney is capable of getting results with a weaker team than last season.

I didn't think it was possible for the club to have a weaker team that last season.

We have 14 players, 3 of those get injured, we then have 11. One more player gets injured and we are fielding junior players to be allowed to play matches.

Rooney in my eyes is not the man to take the club forward, he's not the sort of manager who can get results when the clubs in a relegation fight from the start.

I think Mel put Rooney in charge to try and bring in new owners, in my opinion it has not worked.

No one else knows the situation better than Rooney - let’s see what he is allowed to do in terms of recruitment and putting together a side rather than being left with the leftovers and a nursery to choose from.

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The problem there being that young players should be focusing on development rather than how fast they can make the first team. 

We’ve progressed a lot of academy players recently, but how many of them have significantly improved in the first team environment since making their debut. 

At the end of last season, they all collectively took a step backwards: Buchanan, Sibley, Knight and Bird. 

They were in a pressure situation rather than a fun one - hopefully they will have learned a lot from it about football and themselves 

I don’t think any of those four youngsters let themselves down 

It is a poor show that we’ve left it so late to get Brown and Ebosele signed up. More incompetence from our chief exec maybe? As for Marriott I don’t see how the EFL can step in there. If he had the option for an extra year it’s very common for clubs to trigger that, regardless of whether they really want to keep him. Lots of clubs offer extra years in order to get a fee. Bizarre.