when can we expect the player retained list?

Woodley Ram

4 minutes ago, AshfieldRam said:

With what money?....

Free agents, loans, nominal fees...

With a transfer embargo?.....

Yes

With an owner who's that desperate to get out he will openly sell to anyone.

Yes

I think we all need to face the fact that unless something happens quickly off the field, we could well be the next Bolton. 

?

22 hours ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

First team football elsewhere is not always as easy as people imagine. 

The expectation seems to be that you will automatically play. However it really doesn’t always follow that a player from a championship club can automatically drop to league 1 or league 2 and shine.

It’s an entirely different ball game all together. Clubs don’t send players to improve the things they’re good at they go to learn all the bits they either don’t like at struggle with to try and round them off as players.

Also, and more importantly, any young player choosing to go into L1/2 from a top academy will soon find that most if not all of their attributes are worthless or barely used and that all of their weaknesses are cruelly exposed every single week by players managers and systems that do not require much in the way of technical skills! It simply doesn’t follow that ‘dropping down’ the levels will result in good players standing out…dropping off and wanting the ball to your feet only to see it fly over your head all week every week is hard work! Players and supporters need to understand it’s like a different sport!!

Suggesting a player can’t play in the Championship cos he didn’t excel in league 1/2, or going from a championship club and suggesting he’ll play regularly just because the standard is lower is like saying you can’t be good at Tennis because you’re not good at Badmington!!!

Don’t get the tennis and badminton analogy….the scenario is players playing the same sport, football, at different levels, not two different sports….

22 minutes ago, AshfieldRam said:

I genuinely would love you to be right mate but I genuinely fear for us next season. Sky Bet aren't even offering odds on us to be relegated its that bad 

Yet Peterborough, Blackpool, Luton, Coventry and Huddersfield all have worse odds for promotion.
When the EFL appeal nonsense is out of the way, the relegation odds will be available.

28 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Don’t get the tennis and badminton analogy….the scenario is players playing the same sport, football, at different levels, not two different sports….

That’s the exact point I’m making. It is like two different sports! 

Although some skill sets are similar essentially it’s two completely different types of game and the skills required in each are so different it’s unbelievable. 

The thought that it’s just stepping stones of levels couldn’t be further from the reality…..The main skill set required to be capable of championship football is not the same that is required to play in league 2 and vice versa. What you require to play in one are largely redundant to play in the other. 

I’m not saying it’s the same for everyone, of course there will be exceptions but take Max Bird for example who has proved more than capable of playing in the championship, if he rolled up for Barrow away at Carlisle and started dropping short to receive the ball off his centre backs and trying to pop it off in and out of pockets of space he’d be a) told to duck off out the way and b) would spend games watching the ball go over his head in both directions without touching it!!

I’m not saying he wouldn’t still look classy when he had the ball but he would let see much of it and would spend a lot of times wondering where his team mates were to pass to! His skill set would be redundant and his weaknesses would be exposed. 

Id like to see Derby keep wisdom.

Few of our players came out of last season with much credit, but he did well.

He may not offer the aerial presence of Matt Clarke but he reads the game really well – as his average of 1 interception, 3.2 clearances, and 0.4 blocks per game illustrate (Whoscored).

He offers quality and confidence in possession – having averaged 41.7 passes per game at a success rate of 82.2% last term (Whoscored).

14 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Id like to see Derby keep wisdom.

Few of our players came out of last season with much credit, but he did well.

He may not offer the aerial presence of Matt Clarke but he reads the game really well – as his average of 1 interception, 3.2 clearances, and 0.4 blocks per game illustrate (Whoscored).

He offers quality and confidence in possession – having averaged 41.7 passes per game at a success rate of 82.2% last term (Whoscored).

Sadly Derby need to have wisdom to consider keeping Wisdom, and going by last season's debacle I don't see any hope that Wayne's last couple of neurons will be firing anytime soon

10 hours ago, dabber said:

Sadly Derby need to have wisdom to consider keeping Wisdom, and going by last season's debacle I don't see any hope that Wayne's last couple of neurons will be firing anytime soon

We’ll if the EFL stopped us extending Marriott contract then what chance do we have of extending Wisdoms?

11 hours ago, dabber said:

He's an average centre-half at best, poor in the air. I imagine he was happy on above average wages at Derby!

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We’ll if the EFL stopped us extending Marriott contract then what chance do we have of extending Wisdoms?

I suppose if he's officially a free agent at some point, he could resign the following day as it wouldn't be an extension.  He could sign on at another club for a week and then resign for Derby as well.  In return we give that other club a youngster or two on loan for a few months.  The dark arts -if were always accused of it, may as well embrace it.  

52 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I suppose if he's officially a free agent at some point, he could resign the following day as it wouldn't be an extension.  He could sign on at another club for a week and then resign for Derby as well.  In return we give that other club a youngster or two on loan for a few months.  The dark arts -if were always accused of it, may as well embrace it.  

EFL won't accept the registration

51 minutes ago, Spanish said:

EFL won't accept the registration

I'm not getting that ?.  If he's a free agent it wouldn't be a contract continuation.  If he signs for another club and we take him on a season long loan and they pay a portion of wages in return for a couple of loans, I can't see there would be much they could do.  It would be in breach of his employment rights surely.  I still think the EFL may have a case to answer if Marriott's contract with Hull( purportedly) is less than Derbys offer in December.