when can we expect the player retained list?

Woodley Ram

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Very difficult until the outcome of the takeover and EFL appeal is known...

When does Waghorn's etc contracts run out, I thought it was June? so it would need to be by then, I understand the complexities of signing players but not releasing them  

1 minute ago, Woodley Ram said:

When does Waghorn's etc contracts run out, I thought it was June? so it would need to be by then, I understand the complexities of signing players but not releasing them  

Doesn’t need to be by then. Things can be organised and not made public. Waghorn's future and others are probably more than likely wrapped up and sorted.  

All out of contract will go, unless they take a paycut on any new deal. If we don't sort out a new buyer for the club in the next 3 weeks or so, most of our in contract players will be cherry picked off at reduced valued prices (it happened at Wigan).

5 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

All out of contract will go, unless they take a paycut on any new deal. If we don't sort out a new buyer for the club in the next 3 weeks or so, most of our in contract players will be cherry picked off at reduced valued prices (it happened at Wigan).

How will that happen? Wigan were in admin.

12 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

How many of this squad would you want to retain is the more pertinent question

That’s a valid point but, importantly, how many, if any, could we afford to replace with a higher quality player?

If we’re shopping in the bargain basement, or even subject to a transfer embargo, our options to upgrade will be severely limited. I think we’ll have accept that our current squad will form the overwhelming core of our team next season. Depressing but probably true.

Edited by Tamworthram

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

That’s a valid point but, importantly, how many, if any, could we afford to replace with a higher quality player?

If we’re shopping in the bargain basement, or even subject to a transfer embargo, our options to upgrade will be severely limited. I think we’ll have accept that our current squad will form the overwhelming core of our team next season. Depressing but probably true.

I think this season there will be a lot of players released by clubs and a chance to pick up some decent players at much reduced wages by virtue of the amount of them being available. Many clubs will be stripping back to the bare minimum so a chance for all to start reducing the wage bills. 
Maybe a few gems in that box of bargains to be had ? 

6 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I'd keep them anyway, we still need at least 7 new players

4 weeks ago I’d of said kept Wisdom as a squad player that would of been it but Davies showed at his age he can still come back from a bad injury so he’d definitely get another year and Waggy if he’s happy taking a big pay cut

All professional footballers contracts end on the 1st June.

If a player is in his final year of contract, he, or his agent, can begin negotiating a new contract with his present club, or contact other clubs, to any offers which may be available from the 1st January in his final year of contract.

Clubs, of course, can sell the player in the January transfer window, to receive a fee, otherwise, they receive nothing if the player runs down his contract to June.

42 minutes ago, Topram said:

4 weeks ago I’d of said kept Wisdom as a squad player that would of been it but Davies showed at his age he can still come back from a bad injury so he’d definitely get another year and Waggy if he’s happy taking a big pay cut

Difficult to say with Davies. He only played for 8 minutes plus time added on and, was by his admission was struggling. So, I’m not sure he’d be able to last a great deal longer although he hadn’t trained much before the game.