when can we expect the player retained list?

Woodley Ram

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well sure, but the right attitude also means realising what stage you are at. Duncan thought he was good enough for that Italian team whose name I can't remember. ?

I noticed some of the others, but Solomon looked particularly good on the ball I thought. Who played in the last few U23 games was it G-P?

fiorentina ? 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well sure, but the right attitude also means realising what stage you are at. Duncan thought he was good enough for that Italian team whose name I can't remember. ?

I noticed some of the others, but Solomon looked particularly good on the ball I thought. Who played in the last few U23 games was it G-P?

What I mean is that it appears he wants to find a club where he will play - whether L1, L2 or even non-league.

Bateman partnered Cashin in the final game, WGP in the two games prior to that (Cashin in first team), and Cashin in the 3 before those.

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

What I mean is that it appears he wants to find a club where he will play - whether L1, L2 or even non-league.

Bateman partnered Cashin in the final game, WGP in the two games prior to that (Cashin in first team), and Cashin in the 3 before those.

Might have been WGP, can't recall tbh. Still hopefully they will all have grown some in the summer break and look different! ?

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It depends if he felt he was good enough for our first team, or whether he wants to leave to pursue first team football elsewhere.

33 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

First team football elsewhere is not always as easy as people imagine. 

The expectation seems to be that you will automatically play. However it really doesn’t always follow that a player from a championship club can automatically drop to league 1 or league 2 and shine.

It’s an entirely different ball game all together. Clubs don’t send players to improve the things they’re good at they go to learn all the bits they either don’t like at struggle with to try and round them off as players.

Also, and more importantly, any young player choosing to go into L1/2 from a top academy will soon find that most if not all of their attributes are worthless or barely used and that all of their weaknesses are cruelly exposed every single week by players managers and systems that do not require much in the way of technical skills! It simply doesn’t follow that ‘dropping down’ the levels will result in good players standing out…dropping off and wanting the ball to your feet only to see it fly over your head all week every week is hard work! Players and supporters need to understand it’s like a different sport!!

Suggesting a player can’t play in the Championship cos he didn’t excel in league 1/2, or going from a championship club and suggesting he’ll play regularly just because the standard is lower is like saying you can’t be good at Tennis because you’re not good at Badmington!!!

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

Very worrying times ahead i fear

Welp, under 2 weeks now until the contracts of Wisdom, Waghorn, Davies and Marriott expire. As I understand it, club haven't discussed any sort of terms (even informally) for around three weeks. Seems any deals hinge on a takeover. #DCFC

Derby County have just 14 players under contract for next...

After releasing their end of season retained list, Derby have just 14 players under contract for next season, with just two months to fix it

theathletic.com

9:17 AM · Jun 17, 2021

12 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Welp, under 2 weeks now until the contracts of Wisdom, Waghorn, Davies and Marriott expire. As I understand it, club haven't discussed any sort of terms (even informally) for around three weeks. Seems any deals hinge on a takeover. #DCFC

After releasing their end of season retained list, Derby have just 14 players under contract for next season, with just two months to fix it

theathletic.com

Chances are that we have a lot less than two months as well, as there is still no sign of the takeover and the EFL are still messing around with our appeal process. 

The EFL are deducting points without officially deducting points as it stands with their inability to move at anything other than glacial pace. Even if Mel was happy to make some moves this summer he can't.

We are bang in trouble as it stands.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

In real terms how fast would a takeover need to happen for us to even attempt a half decent transfer window?

Also am I right in thinking even if the new owner had loads of money he would be restricted by the club's current P&S position, so we wouldnt have transfer fees flying around and would still be searching the bargain bins, but we would be able to pay bigger wages because the embargo would be over?

I’m no expert however even if a take over is imminent, don’t the EFL have to approve it? And from what we have seen with other clubs (not the 2 jokers trying to buy us) it’s not a quick process. I doubt the EFL restrictions and or a takeover would be concluded before end of July earliest. It’s going to be a long and hard season  

5 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I’m no expert however even if a take over is imminent, don’t the EFL have to approve it? And from what we have seen with other clubs (not the 2 jokers trying to buy us) it’s not a quick process. I doubt the EFL restrictions and or a takeover would be concluded before end of July earliest. It’s going to be a long and hard season  

For all we know the EFL may have started their process? Would be nice if the next takeover news to come out is to say its completed rather than pending EFL process etc

3 hours ago, BodminRam said:

theathletic.com

What makes you think there haven’t been any discussions?

First-team players out of contract beyond summer of 2021 and in discussions about their futures: Andre Wisdom, Martyn Waghorn, Jack Marriott, Curtis Davies, Henrich Ravas.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

What makes you think there haven’t been any discussions?

First-team players out of contract beyond summer of 2021 and in discussions about their futures: Andre Wisdom, Martyn Waghorn, Jack Marriott, Curtis Davies, Henrich Ravas.

Hes put that snippet in from the athletic I think. The ‘my understanding’ is Ryan Conway. 

Players left/leaving due to being out of contract:

• Carson - 0 minutes played last season
  • Mitchell - 0 minutes played last season
  • Idem - 0 minutes played last season
  • Malone - 0 minutes played last season
  • Jozefzoon - 0 minutes played last season

Players possibly staying, possibly leaving:

• Ravas - 0 minutes played last season
  • Wisdom - 3116 minutes played last season (75%)
  • Davies - 973 minutes played last season (24%)
  • Waghorn - 1889 minutes played last season (46%)
  • Marriott - 201 minutes played last season (5%)

Loan players:

• Clarke - 3687 minutes played last season (89%)
  • Mengi - 668 minutes played last season (16%)
  • Edmundson - 749 minutes played last season (18%)
  • Baningime - 93 minutes played last season (2%)
  • Roberts - 673 minutes played last season (16%)
  • Gregory - 565 minutes played last season (14%)

So far we have only lost 6 players from last season's squad, only one of them played any significant amount of football, and another is supposedly returning next season. It's also very likely that at least 4 of the 5 we're in negotiations with stay with us.

We will also make signings over the next couple of months. Stop panicking.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Players left/leaving due to being out of contract:

• Carson - 0 minutes played last season
  • Mitchell - 0 minutes played last season
  • Idem - 0 minutes played last season
  • Malone - 0 minutes played last season
  • Jozefzoon - 0 minutes played last season

Players possibly staying, possibly leaving:

• Ravas - 0 minutes played last season
  • Wisdom - 3116 minutes played last season (75%)
  • Davies - 973 minutes played last season (24%)
  • Waghorn - 1889 minutes played last season (46%)
  • Marriott - 201 minutes played last season (5%)

Loan players:

• Clarke - 3687 minutes played last season (89%)
  • Mengi - 668 minutes played last season (16%)
  • Edmundson - 749 minutes played last season (18%)
  • Baningime - 93 minutes played last season (2%)
  • Roberts - 673 minutes played last season (16%)
  • Gregory - 565 minutes played last season (14%)

So far we have only lost 6 players from last season's squad, only one of them played any significant amount of football, and another is supposedly returning next season. It's also very likely that at least 4 of the 5 we're in negotiations with stay with us.

much depends on the reasoning behind the EFL's rejection of the Marriott extension though.  I suppose the concern is that our squad will be at best on a par with the one last season which just avoided the drop.

We will also be able to take on out of contract players outside the window and this year may provide opportunities more than any other.  I am still less confident than you though

18 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

For all we know the EFL may have started their process? Would be nice if the next takeover news to come out is to say its completed rather than pending EFL process etc

True and let’s hope so, knowing Derby though I very much doubt it. 

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

With what money?....

With a transfer embargo?.....

With an owner who's that desperate to get out he will openly sell to anyone.

I think we all need to face the fact that unless something happens quickly off the field, we could well be the next Bolton. 

2 minutes ago, AshfieldRam said:

With what money?....

With a transfer embargo?.....

With an owner who's that desperate to get out he will openly sell to anyone.

I think we all need to face the fact that unless something happens quickly off the field, we could well be the next Bolton. 

image.png.1a152d67ba4c61ecd7e44e628f1e052a.png