when can we expect the player retained list?

Woodley Ram

4 minutes ago, Rample said:

Under-23 squad players out of contract beyond summer of 2021 and leaving the club: Joe Bateman, Cameron Cresswell, Bradley Foster, Harry Halwax, Jahmal Hector-Ingram, Callum Minkley, Jayden Mitchell-Lawson, Josh Shonibare, George Sykes-Kenworthy, Ethan Wassall, Matthew Yates.

Always a few surprises in there and this is the biggest for me - Thought he looked decent and a little surprised we're letting him go

Bizarre that Marriott's extension was withdrawn by the EFL. Would love to hear more on that one.

Massively surprised with the U23s. I felt Foster had a serious chance of being our first choice keeper in a couple of years, and Shonibare could have been a useful squad option for the first team. I also expected Idem to stay on to compete with Foster as the 3rd choice GK.
Also surprised we've left it so late to tie Festy and Archie to new deals.

With my glass half full head on, I’m hoping that this is the first step before the new owners are announced and Rooney has some money to spend.

I’m glad that the squad has finally thinned out IF the above scenario is true so that the club can finally start operating correctly.

But this is Derby isn’t it...

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Always a few surprises in there and this is the biggest for me - Thought he looked decent and a little surprised we're letting him go

Not too surprising. 21 now and needs regular first team football. Struggled to cement a place in a L1 side last season so it would have been a big ask for him to step up to our first team.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bizarre that Marriott's extension was withdrawn by the EFL. Would love to hear more on that one.

Massively surprised with the U23s. I felt Foster had a serious chance of being our first choice keeper in a couple of years, and Shonibare could have been a useful squad option for the first team. I also expected Idem to stay on to compete with Foster as the 3rd choice GK.
Also surprised we've left it so late to tie Festy and Archie to new deals.

Yeah surprised about Foster. Maybe Ravas looks a better bet?

Worried about Festy!

Really hope Archie and Festy continue with us. They would provide excellent cover next year if their current progression is a sign of things to come.

Surprised with the Goalkeepers. Not sure how Ravas has done out on loan to be fair, but though he was down the pecking order behind Foster and Idem. Looks like we'll be signing one or two young keepers for the U23 at least.

Not bothered about Marriott at all. He can go, not sure why some on here give him such praise and slag off someone like Lawrence when Lawrence has made himself available, trained to the standard required and played an important part in the team for the last few seasons. Marriott has had a couple of purple patches but hasn't held down a spot in the squad under the last few managers. He needs to go.

Wisdom, Waghorn and Davies. I can see the need for getting the contracts sorted for these after seeing us only having 14 first team players under contract at the end of the month currently.

All in all. The wage bill is being slashed, the youth players are bright and exciting, but we need to bring in some real quality and first team experience to bolster the squad for next season.

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Is it really?

Wisdom and Davies are still currently contracted to the club and will very likely still be here next season. 
We also have JBrown, Cashin, Solomon and Grewal-Pollard in the U23s who played CB last season.

No, Wisdom and Davies are not contracted to the club for the 21/22 season. We are in talks with them but no doubt offered them substantially less wages.

If we are going into next season with Wisdom as a first choice CB, we're in trouble.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Is it really?

Wisdom and Davies are still currently contracted to the club and will very likely still be here next season. 
We also have JBrown, Cashin, Solomon and Grewal-Pollard in the U23s who played CB last season.

Yeah realistically we’re going to have to sign one if not 2 ready made first team centre halves and with none here already the negotiation is going to be very one sided 

I believe that leaves us with the following squads (assuming all agree deals to stay):

First Team
G - Roos, Marshall, Ravas
D - Byrne, Wisdom, Davies, Buchanan, Forsyth, Ebosele, McDonald
M - Bielik, Shinnie, Bird, Knight, Sibley, Watson
W - Lawrence, Jozwiak, Ibe
F - Kazim, Waghorn, Marriott, Stretton

U23
G - 
D - Bardell, JBrown, Cashin, Solomon, Grewal-Pollard, Archie
M - CDixon, LThompson, Hutchinson, Aghatise, Clarke, Matthews, Perez de Gracia
W - Wilson, SThompson
F - Duncan, Plange, Cybulski

U18
G - Roberts, Randle, Evans
D - Brailsford, Rutt, Christie, Williams, Maloney
M - Ibrahim, Sebagabo, More, Robinson, Fapetu, Aideyan, Ryan
W - Borkovic, Kelly, Eze, Nicholas-Davies
F - ZDixon

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

No, Wisdom and Davies are not contracted to the club for the 21/22 season. We are in talks with them but no doubt offered them substantially less wages.

If we are going into next season with Wisdom as a first choice CB, we're in trouble.

Their deals don't expire until the end of the month (still at the club).

"We don’t have a CB at the club" is incorrect.

4 minutes ago, DRS94 said:

Yeah realistically we’re going to have to sign one if not 2 ready made first team centre halves and with none here already the negotiation is going to be very one sided 

We currently have 2 in the first team, and they're very likely to sign on for at least another year. Signing 1 or 2 CBs should not be "absolutely terrifying".

15/16 - Pearce and Shackell
14/15 - Whitbread and Shotton
12/13 - Keogh and O'Connor
11/12 - Shackell, Riggott and Naylor
09/10 - Barker and Buxton