when can we expect the player retained list?

Woodley Ram

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Why 9? If it was 6 or fewer, we'd stay out of the bottom 6 of that table

Aiming high there.

So your happy for Rooney to be in charge next season and happy to just stay up again?

Also, we will most likely be without Bielik for most of next season, and since his injury we are bottom of the league form table by a country mile. What makes you think we'll be ok? as all the stats suggest otherwise. 

9 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

You can't separate the Rooney & the points deduction though, they will both be happening together next season. 

You have to be realistic, we will most likely be starting next season on -6 or -9 points. If you take this plus Rooney's terrible win % per game, then we would be in serious trouble.  

Could you realistically let me know the lottery winning numbers, I understand it's likely there will be some.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

So, using that table, you’d sack him if we had a points deduction because we’d be relegated. Would you sack him though if we didn’t and managed to finish 17th? A points deduction doesn’t make him a worse manager.

I’m not convinced about Rooney but, my point is, to sack or not based on a potential points deduction sounds a bit odd.

well if sacking him means we avoid dropping to league 1 then it has to happen

1 hour ago, Indy said:

That’s what I said a few pages back. My understanding (correct me if I’m wrong) is that our system of amortisation gave us the option of extending a contract and then reevaluating the losses for that season based on the new remaining contract time. As the EFL were appealing that whole thing at that time, maybe they felt the extension of that contract at that time was suspect. 

Extending contracts also helps under the starlight line method too.

An extension of a contract before sending a player out on loan for the final year of a contract isn't unusual

Edited by Ghost of Clough

20 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

You can't separate the Rooney & the points deduction though, they will both be happening together next season. 

You have to be realistic, we will most likely be starting next season on -6 or -9 points. If you take this plus Rooney's terrible win % per game, then we would be in serious trouble.  

Where do you pluck those numbers from ? Any facts or just plucked out of the air ?

1 minute ago, Chris_Martin said:

WHAT!!

it is well known that we will most likely be getting a points deduction. The points deductions are generally always between -6 and -12 points. So tell me how you think i have just picked 2 random numbers?

Who says so ? The Daily Fail ? Any actual evidence or backed up by twitter or FB facts ?

1 minute ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Name the clubs and what charges they were deducted for please 

• Birmingham City deducted nine points for EFL profitability and sustainability rule breaches
  • Sheff Wed deducted 12 points for EFL profitability and sustainability rule breaches, later reduced to 6 points

2 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:
  • Birmingham City deducted nine points for EFL profitability and sustainability rule breaches
  • Sheff Wed deducted 12 points for EFL profitability and sustainability rule breaches, later reduced to 6 points

Not the same as what we are being charged for though . Cases totally different , will leave it with you now we will find out who is right or wrong soon enough.

Edited by Reggie Greenwood
added a bit

41 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

OK, let me put it another way.

If we avoid a points deduction and finish, what will no doubt still be a difficult season, around 16th or 17th 7 points clear of relegation, would you be calling for his head?

if we accumulated the same number of points but were relegated due to a 9 point deduction, you’d want him sacked?