when can we expect the player retained list?

Woodley Ram

1 minute ago, enachops said:

It is a poor show that we’ve left it so late to get Brown and Ebosele signed up. More incompetence from our chief exec maybe? As for Marriott I don’t see how the EFL can step in there. If he had the option for an extra year it’s very common for clubs to trigger that, regardless of whether they really want to keep him. Lots of clubs offer extra years in order to get a fee. Bizarre. 

Whilst I agree the EFL clearly have stepped in, now that and why does need to be clearly explained especially to the player as it impacts his livelihood you would imagine 

10 hours ago, Malty said:

We have only 4 coaches, right? 

Liam

wayne

shay

justin

this time last year we had the 3 Dutch chaps as well, with Wayne as a player - so 6 coaches. We’ve therefore also reduced our coaches for the senior squad by 33% (and prob a lot more in cash terms). Or have I missed someone/something?

7 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

At first-team level Jason Pearcey (goalkeepers) and Shane Nicholson (fitness) as well.

7. Luke Jenkinson

At least 3 first team physios / medical staff too

19 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

First Team
G - Roos, Marshall, Ravas
D - Byrne, Wisdom, Davies, Buchanan, Forsyth, Ebosele, McDonald
M - Bielik, Shinnie, Bird, Knight, Sibley, Watson
W - Lawrence, Jozwiak, Ibe
F - Kazim, Waghorn, Marriott, Stretton

Good effort GoC.

I love to moan as much as others but there's quite a few with proper doom mongering attitude here. In worst case scenario Wisdom and Waghorn would be dropping from that list. Also, I'd count Ibe, Bielik and Marriott out. With Bielik, I think it's realistic that we see him as a "new" January signing.

That's leaves us with 18 players. Get 5 loans or freebies in and we have pretty optimal squad size. It's a numbers game lads and lassies. Do not worry something you shouldn't be worrying about. 

What is Rooneys motivation to do well this season.

His personal wealth is over 100 million.

If he fails at Derby he walks away.

If he really wanted to see the club perform well in the season ahead, he would be fighting for the best free agents and loan signings since the club doesn't seem to have money to spend.

Its ok to publish a retained list, to have just 14 players and not seek to raise that to at least 20 players is not OK.

Lampard wanted to make a name for himself at Derby and as a result he got the Chelsea job.

I dont see Rooney achieving next season, so I dont know why he bothers to stay at the club.

If Derby fail next season I can't see any other club wanting to hire Rooney as their manager.

18 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

New
New   New   New   New
Bielik
New      New
New   New   New

I like it

I sometimes wonder if you actually know anything about football at all!

So that's five players totally out of position... six if you count New, who has only played there 3 times in his entire career, and he's been a pro for 18 years!

I know this is Derby County, and I know this is Wayne Rooney, but even they wouldn't be so useless as to put that bloody team out!

... Having said that, I do like the idea of New playing wide left.  Now that does excite me!  

For all the criticism I could throw at Rooney, two things that seems evident is that the players respect him AND he's committed to the job. When you have an owner who is absolutely desperate to get rid of what looks to be a ticking timebomb. I'm personally reluctant to hammer the one guy who has been looking beyond the end of his nose for our club. All that being said, I'd be extremely surprised if we're handed a point deduction and still able to stay up under his management. 

Rooney is a good choice for us to being able to call in favours, plus he's desperate to make it work in management. He needs to carve out a job that looks somewhat successful here. He's got a lot on the line. 

9 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Why would a transfer embargo worry a player as long as he is able to sign? An embargo doesnt mean we cant sign anyone at all. Failure to pay the players was due to timing on a potential takeover, its not actually to do with the club not being able to afford it. Will a player actually be too bothered by a potential takeover or not? It might actually excite them that the club could be taken over soon. I think alot of players would be happy to play for us rather than sit around all season without a club. Im not saying im a fan of Rooney as I am not, but I do think his name in football will carry some weight & help bring some players in as he will be an idol to many of them. As for only having 13 players on the books, at least they would know they have a good chance of playing regularly lol. At this stage a points deduction is just rumours.

Oh ok then.....

15 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I sometimes wonder if you actually know anything about football at all!

So that's five players totally out of position... six if you count New, who has only played there 3 times in his entire career, and he's been a pro for 18 years!

I know this is Derby County, and I know this is Wayne Rooney, but even they wouldn't be so useless as to put that bloody team out!

... Having said that, I do like the idea of New playing wide left.  Now that does excite me!  

I think any signings we make should have New on their shirts to remind us in the coming season. 

Like New Cillit Bang in the adverts. 

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

For all the criticism I could throw at Rooney, two things that seems evident is that the players respect him AND he's committed to the job. When you have an owner who is absolutely desperate to get rid of what looks to be a ticking timebomb. I'm personally reluctant to hammer the one guy who has been looking beyond the end of his nose for our club. All that being said, I'd be extremely surprised if we're handed a point deduction and still able to stay up under his management. 

Rooney is a good choice for us to being able to call in favours, plus he's desperate to make it work in management. He needs to carve out a job that looks somewhat successful here. He's got a lot on the line. 

I'm not that concerned about Rooney starting the season as the manager. it's all about what players we can bring in and what squad we can cobble together. Rooney could be on a fairly short leash so it's imperative that his replacement has something to work with.

1 hour ago, enachops said:

It is a poor show that we’ve left it so late to get Brown and Ebosele signed up.

When did negotiations start?

When was they offered the contracts?

Were they interested in staying?

Did they have better offers elsewhere?

Did they receive offers that would have given them first team football?

Did Rooney want them to play more academy football, didn’t think they were quite ready and they disagreed?

I mean there’s so many unknowns to say it’s a poor show from us. 

Rooney, Mel, Pearce, Brown, Agent, Family

There’s so many pieces involved with signing new contracts, if they do leave it could be easily any one of those pieces.

I get it’s frustrating, but that’s part and parcel of being a football fan. Seen highly rated academy players leave before, fans unhappy but they spend careers at lower leagues.

Most clubs won't confirm signings yet, because they may have to go on the payroll probably earlier than the club want, do we always go into meltdown in June every year? ? we don't know what is going on behind the scenes, just a thought but maybe it may be a busy week. We have had the retained list, rumours of possible news of the efl hearing and possibly maybe the takeover is closer than we may think, hence stripping the squads down so there is a bigger wage budget ( I am being optimistic, I know).

Sounds like waggy won't be staying either if reports are to be believed, but Mengi will be coming back.

I agree from the outside we seem a mess, but stranger things have happened.

On the likes of the young lads, personally I think it will make them better players in the long term.

20 minutes ago, David said:

When did negotiations start?

When was they offered the contracts?

Were they interested in staying?

Did they have better offers elsewhere?

Did they receive offers that would have given them first team football?

Did Rooney want them to play more academy football, didn’t think they were quite ready and they disagreed?

I mean there’s so many unknowns to say it’s a poor show from us. 

Rooney, Mel, Pearce, Brown, Agent, Family

There’s so many pieces involved with signing new contracts, if they do leave it could be easily any one of those pieces.

I get it’s frustrating, but that’s part and parcel of being a football fan. Seen highly rated academy players leave before, fans unhappy but they spend careers at lower leagues.

Obviously there could be other factors involved. But potentially  letting two of our most promising youngsters go for a free/low compensation doesn’t exactly fit into our recent model of developing youngsters for the first team to then sell on. 

The way he has developed the last two years, Ebosele has a decent future. It would be prudent and proactive to protect the Crown Jewels a bit more in this case.