when can we expect the player retained list?

Woodley Ram

3 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Can someone explain how Marriott's renewal got rejected by the EFL in Dec due to an embargo around registration of players yet the following month we signed/registered 5 loan players then in Feb CKR extended his contract?

Yes

6 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Could it be that we were under a soft embargo when Marriott was offered the new contract and the terms exceeded the allowed amount under that embargo. That's only a guess and not fact but it does seem very strange that the EFL would do that. 

My gut feeling is, it was a way of re-signing a player on zero pounds like Johnson and letting him go if there was interest the following day. The contract probably kicked in the end of June. The EFL stopped it as they don't like it . Not sure they had grounds too.

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

My gut feeling is, it was a way of re-signing a player on zero pounds like Johnson and letting him go if there was interest the following day. The contract probably kicked in the end of June. The EFL stopped it as they don't like it . Not sure they had grounds too.

Wasn't there comments about just that 'technique' in the EFL appeal/charges reports?

50 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Extending contracts also helps under the starlight line method too.

An extension of a contract before sending a player out on loan for the final year of a contract isn't unusual

How about the star bright or first star I see tonight methods? 

Looking at the retained list and our financial limitations does anyone really think we'll have a squad even as strong as the one we finished with? It's going to take an awful lot of solid scouting and recruitment to pull a bit of a rabbit out of the hat and get us a competitive side by the time we kick off in august. The sheer volume of players required will be a problem in terms of gelling unless they come in thick and fast which given the embargo I doubt. 

If there is a points deduction for us of anything more than 3 points this merely adds to the substantial problems.  I personally think it's madness to keep a manager who got us 7 points from the last 45 on offer and a coaching staff who've done nothing but take us backwards. Last season but for a points deduction for Sheffield wednesday and a last minute Cardiff goal we were down, we got away with it by the skin of our teeth. On the day I got the celebrations but if the club aren't willing to learn the lessons of why it was such a disastrous season then we deserve nothing more than what we must be current favourites for... 

6 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Looking at the retained list and our financial limitations does anyone really think we'll have a squad even as strong as the one we finished with? It's going to take an awful lot of solid scouting and recruitment to pull a bit of a rabbit out of the hat and get us a competitive side by the time we kick off in august. The sheer volume of players required will be a problem in terms of gelling unless they come in thick and fast which given the embargo I doubt. 

If there is a points deduction for us of anything more than 3 points this merely adds to the substantial problems.  I personally think it's madness to keep a manager who got us 7 points from the last 45 on offer and a coaching staff who've done nothing but take us backwards. Last season but for a points deduction for Sheffield wednesday and a last minute Cardiff goal we were down, we got away with it by the skin of our teeth. On the day I got the celebrations but if the club aren't willing to learn the lessons of why it was such a disastrous season then we deserve nothing more than what we must be current favourites for... 

Agree but who would pay him off, Mel or potential new owners…..unfortunately we can’t afford to sack him…

Hang on ... with fewer players ... there’s less risk of a player strike for unpaid wages.

... and all that extra cash (haha) can at least pay off our old hero keogh.

Seriously though, our wage bill must be so low now compared to what it was. Plus low also I’d have thought compared to other clubs.

I’m desperately searching for the silver lining here around some very dark clouds!!

We are close to having more coaches than players.

Director of Football Steve McClaren, seen today knocking loudly on the entrance door at St James’s Park, insists that player performance can be best optimised with greater one-to-one coaching focus. 

50 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

On the day I got the celebrations but if the club aren't willing to learn the lessons of why it was such a disastrous season then we deserve nothing more than what we must be current favourites for... 

The club and Mel are both well aware of the reasons why we were so poor last season - there is nothing fir them to learn.

However Mel can't or won't invest large amounts of his fortune into the club anymore. This means we can't afford to pay Rooney off if we want to get rid and we can't afford ti make any meaningful additions to the squad. Its takeover or bust for us and even then if it doesnt happen before the transfer window closes we're crocked anyway.

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

Im hoping with the amount of players out of contract and the lack of money around we will still be able to get some decent standard players in to make us competitive.

Rooney may have to rely on favours and his contacts for another 4 or 5 loans. Then I do think 4 or 5 decent players on a free is possible.

I know on the inside we look a mess but for a player (especially out of contract) we are still a big Champ club, have a brilliant ground and training facilities plus an England legend as a manager...alot of players would jump at the chance to join us imo.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

We are close to having more coaches than players.

Director of Football Steve McClaren, seen today knocking loudly on the entrance door at St James’s Park, insists that player performance can be best optimised with greater one-to-one coaching focus. 

We have only 4 coaches, right? 

Liam

wayne

shay

justin

this time last year we had the 3 Dutch chaps as well, with Wayne as a player - so 6 coaches. We’ve therefore also reduced our coaches for the senior squad by 33% (and prob a lot more in cash terms). Or have I missed someone/something?

Edited by Malty

Dissapointed about Cresswell. Think he will make a good league 1/Champs striker. 

Also Trialist leaving without given much of a chance. 

Need to continue to cut costs I guess and thin the youngsters out. 

Wassall needs to find a club where he gets first team football. Maybe Mansfield? 

9 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Im hoping with the amount of players out of contract and the lack of money around we will still be able to get some decent standard players in to make us competitive.

Rooney may have to rely on favours and his contacts for another 4 or 5 loans. Then I do think 4 or 5 decent players on a free is possible.

I know on the inside we look a mess but for a player (especially out of contract) we are still a big Champ club, have a brilliant ground and training facilities plus an England legend as a manager...alot of players would jump at the chance to join us imo.

Join a team in crisis that has failed to pay it’s players fairly recently, are under a transfer embargo, haven’t a pot to pi*s in, have a potential points deduction looming, are on to it’s third new ownership saga, stayed up by the skin of our teeth, have about 13 first team players, a Manager who oversaw at times embarrassing performances culminating in the worst record in English football during the last third of the season…..yes, they will be queuing up ?

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Join a team in crisis that has failed to pay it’s players fairly recently, are under a transfer embargo, haven’t a pot to pi*s in, have a potential points deduction looming, are on to it’s third new ownership saga, stayed up by the skin of our teeth, have about 13 first team players, a Manager who oversaw at times embarrassing performances culminating in the worst record in English football during the last third of the season…..yes, they will be queuing up ?

but....he's.........wayne rooney.....................................won't they all believe in wayne rooney the way some DCFCfans posters believed in wayne rooney.....?