when can we expect the player retained list?

Woodley Ram

27 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm not getting that ?.  If he's a free agent it wouldn't be a contract continuation.  If he signs for another club and we take him on a season long loan and they pay a portion of wages in return for a couple of loans, I can't see there would be much they could do.  It would be in breach of his employment rights surely.  I still think the EFL may have a case to answer if Marriott's contract with Hull( purportedly) is less than Derbys offer in December. 

If he is a free agent then he still needs to be registered to play for us surely.  Given it is clearly a scam I can't believe they would fall for it particularly as we've discussed it.  Gibbo boro always reads this site

• 2 weeks later...

People peeing themselves over the number of first teamers remaining, but exclude the likes of Watson and Mcdobald who made 16 league apps between them last season. That's also not counting Davies, Wisdom and Waghorn.

Applying the same logic, to s favourite for promotion... Swansea aren't much better off with 16 retained first teamers (1 still hasn't played for them), but they aren't trying to extend the contracts of any players like we are.

Edited by Ghost of Clough

49 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

People peeing themselves over the number of first teamers remaining, but exclude the likes of Watson and Mcdobald who made 16 league apps between them last season. That's also not counting Davies, Wisdom and Waghorn.

Applying the same logic, to s favourite for promotion... Swansea aren't much better off with 16 retained first teamers (1 still hasn't played for them), but they aren't trying to extend the contracts of any players like we are.

I'm currently thinking of the squad as:

Marshall, Roos

Byrne, McDonald, Cashin, Forsyth, Buchanan

Bielik, Bird, Knight, Shinnie, Dixon, Thompson, Hutchinson

Lawrence, Joswiak, Ibe, Sibley, Watson

CKR, Stretton, Duncan

Massive squad ?

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Agree that numbers wise its not that bad, its just that we are virtually empty in a couple of key departments & that's probably skewing perceptions. The fundamental weakness is at CB where we need at least 4 players in (have currently excluded Davies & Wisdom as out of contract players & Mengi as a likely returning loan player)

We also need another couple of options up top primarily to take the load off CKR. Once we've addressed both those positions, think we've got enough for a competent Championship squad. Fully expect Watson, Stretton, McDonald, Ebosele & Duncan to get plenty of gametime this season to bolster other areas.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

I'm currently thinking of the squad as:

Marshall, Roos

Byrne, McDonald, Cashin, Forsyth, Buchanan

Bielik, Bird, Knight, Shinnie, Dixon, Thompson, Hutchinson

Lawrence, Joswiak, Ibe, Sibley, Watson

CKR, Stretton, Duncan

Massive squad ?

Well Cashin is totally untried in league football, Bielik is broken until Christmas at best, Ibe is not ready to play football from what I have seen and Duncan looks a long way off being good enough from what he has produced so far. Centre half’s and centre forwards who can run needed before a ball is kicked.

I would also be willing to sell Lawrence if a bid worth taking comes in because I doubt he would be here when his contract runs out next summer and any money gives us some wriggle room and I would sell Jozwiak if a bid came in higher than what we paid because I am not sure he would fancy another season like last year. 

30 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Well Cashin is totally untried in league football, Bielik is broken until Christmas at best, Ibe is not ready to play football from what I have seen and Duncan looks a long way off being good enough from what he has produced so far. Centre half’s and centre forwards who can run needed before a ball is kicked.

I would also be willing to sell Lawrence if a bid worth taking comes in because I doubt he would be here when his contract runs out next summer and any money gives us some wriggle room and I would sell Jozwiak if a bid came in higher than what we paid because I am not sure he would fancy another season like last year. 

Crikey, we hardly have any players and next to no creativity and you want to sell 2 of the only creative, forward thinking players we have left ?

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Its more the fact that a squad that barely survived last year is showing no signs of improvement and will in fact very likely be losing players before the season starts. You seem very confident that the out of contract players will be staying, but unless you know something the rest of us don't the only information we currently have is that none of them have made much progress towards new deals with the club. Everything we've done for the last 6 months has revolved around cutting costs and people are just extrapolating from that and assuming that the same will continue to happen until we see a takeover succeed. 

Swansea are a meaningless comparison to us. The number of players alone has no meaning - you have to take into account the quality of said players as well. I personally think Swansea will struggle this year though, but we'll see.

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Crikey, we hardly have any players and next to no creativity and you want to sell 2 of the only creative, forward thinking players we have left ?

Yep while we can get some decent money for them