when can we expect the player retained list?

Woodley Ram

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

What is Rooneys motivation to do well this season.

His personal wealth is over 100 million.

If he fails at Derby he walks away.

If he really wanted to see the club perform well in the season ahead, he would be fighting for the best free agents and loan signings since the club doesn't seem to have money to spend.

Its ok to publish a retained list, to have just 14 players and not seek to raise that to at least 20 players is not OK.

Lampard wanted to make a name for himself at Derby and as a result he got the Chelsea job.

I dont see Rooney achieving next season, so I dont know why he bothers to stay at the club.

If Derby fail next season I can't see any other club wanting to hire Rooney as their manager.

You doom-monger you......#inwazzawetrust

7 hours ago, enachops said:

It is a poor show that we’ve left it so late to get Brown and Ebosele signed up. More incompetence from our chief exec maybe? As for Marriott I don’t see how the EFL can step in there. If he had the option for an extra year it’s very common for clubs to trigger that, regardless of whether they really want to keep him. Lots of clubs offer extra years in order to get a fee. Bizarre. 

How do you know we haven't been in negotiations with them for months, maybe they had other offers and wanted to go? That he's gone abroad is interesting as I think if you go to a different country the club signing you doesn't have to pay any compensation..... Which presumably goes into the players and agents pockets!! 

5 hours ago, BucksRam said:

The Athletic I think (regurgitated by the72 also) suggesting Waggy is off due to "little or no progress in renewing his contract". 

Little to no progress on wisdom and Davies as well in the article so all 3 could be off 

Wonder if people look at the likes of Bogle/Lowe, and will try and jump the gun on Ebosele/Brown now. Get them for the price of a happy meal, rather than pay a few million later.  There is enough to suggest they could make it at a reasonable level.

They could certainly be playing some level of first team football somewhere this season and step up annually for a year or 2.

Maybe Ebosele feels MacDonald is blocking his way, or maybe he really wants to play up front which might explain a few things (LOL).  When he signed he said "I had a dilemma when there were some big clubs interested but they’re only big names. I decided to sign for Derby County because I think there’s a better chance to progress there." Moved into the Ireland squads and got a league debut, sounds like progress to me.

Maybe us getting Marriott to sign a deal, much like we did with Johnson et al is seen by the EFL as cheating FFP.

1 hour ago, StrawHillRam said:

Everything that DCFC do ends up being an utter shambles 

Total train wreck

We deserve better or at least professionals who know what they are doing

The club is an absolute mess, we are in a situation now where young lads who have been with the club for so long, who can see we give youth players a chance, are refusing contracts and looking to move on.

Delap to Man City you can understand, Gordon to Liverpool you can live, the 4 lads being poached by Man United is just about bearable, but if we lose Brown and Ebosele at a time when they have every chance of breaking into a threadbare first time it will go someway to show just how bad things are at the minute.

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

...but if we lose Brown and Ebosele at a time when they have every chance of breaking into a threadbare first time it will go someway to show just how bad things are at the minute.

Perhaps Brown is deemed not yet ready to play before Buchanan and Fozzy? So he thinks well I'll go play 1st team football elsewhere then, how do you stop that?

13 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The club is an absolute mess, we are in a situation now where young lads who have been with the club for so long, who can see we give youth players a chance, are refusing contracts and looking to move on.

Delap to Man City you can understand, Gordon to Liverpool you can live, the 4 lads being poached by Man United is just about bearable, but if we lose Brown and Ebosele at a time when they have every chance of breaking into a threadbare first time it will go someway to show just how bad things are at the minute.

It’s absolutely not a problem.

You can’t make players stay for Academy football and they are not ready for Championship regular football yet  

We are being called a joke for not signing established players so the fans can’t have it both ways

We have signed a youngster from Arsenal and one from Chelsea who are very good prospects.

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=40170

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=40169

Edited by Curtains

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

It’s absolutely not a problem.

You can’t make players stay for Academy football and they are not ready for Championship regular football yet  

We are being called a joke for not signing established players so the fans can’t have it both ways

We have signed a youngster from Arsenal and one from Chelsea who are very good prospects.

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=40170

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=40169

Fair play, it's all about balance.

4 hours ago, BucksRam said:

Yeah - Wiz I'm only 50/50 but I'd like to see Davis stay. 

If Marriott has not been allowed by EFL I guess wiz and waggy won’t be either.  Perhaps there is a wage limit.  Technically Davis given it is a loan is different but may still be subject to the wage cap.  Ducking worrying though

58 minutes ago, Spanish said:

If Marriott has not been allowed by EFL I guess wiz and waggy won’t be either.  Perhaps there is a wage limit.  Technically Davis given it is a loan is different but may still be subject to the wage cap.  Ducking worrying though

Depends if Waggy gets a token contract to fiddle FFP amortisation like we possibly offered Marriott.