Yankee Doodle Derby

26 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Probably just gossip. Dell himself wasn't involved previously. We just borrowed money from a financial company he's part of. We're probably a speck of dust in his world in reality. He'd have more fun setting his money on fire than spending it on us.

The finance company that lent to us is the vehicle that manages his wealth I think. His clever analysts will have learned a lot about us when they made the loan and they will have been receiving constant updates. Likely any new buyer will have to talk to MSD before proceeding and if Dell thinks we’re going for a song surely he’d think about it. Given it’s a fire sale any buyer makes a killing if we get promotion.  I guess if he bought us, MSD would have to sell some of its loans to other clubs but I’d imagine that’s not a big deal 

On 24/05/2021 at 16:09, 86 Hair Islands said:

You mean as opposed to Mansour buying City or Abramovic buying Chelsea. Neither were exactly behemoths prior to their current owners taking over, were they?

Now the flip-side; Liverpool were priced at >£2 billion when last under offer and at that price, there's no great potential for ROI, least none that I can see. The only way is down. Would Tepper buy a club as a plaything, o do you suppose he might want to build the club and secure a return on investment?

Let's take emotion out of the equation for a moment; in the good times; we can sell over 30,000 tickets for games. Derby is effectively a one club City; we are a founder member of the football league who have twice topped the pile; we have a large and loyal fan-base and a comparatively rich footballing history.

Furthermore, I'd venture it is the very fact that we are in such a mess that makes us an attractive proposition. I struggle with the fact that so many fans are unable to grasp the notion that you buy stock when it's cheap, not when it's already peaked. Why one shitty season, when we've been challenging for promotion for nigh on 10 years now, is being taken as the only viable metric.

We know there are multiple bidders currently and this without the EFL charges being put to bed. Surely there's a clue there for those who choose to see it? I've very little doubt that a consortium that brings the financial wherewithal of Tepper and the commercial skills and experience of a man like Glick, would be able to steady the ship and put us on back on a road we were already treading until 18 months ago without too much bother. 

There’s also a very nice shiny state of the art training ground in place , if they can get it in the deal.. a nice 33k all seater multi cough cough purpose stadium and we even have our own poem ... what more do they want 

On 25/05/2021 at 23:17, Derby blood said:

Not yet, think Mel is worth 560 million, so half way there, do not worry Mel will always look after us, he would never put us at risk off being in financial hardship, oh wait a minute , he did not even pay the players or staff over the Christmas period, how could a Derby fan man and boy do this to his home town club. Sorry if i up set the Mel fan club with my honest opinions. 

Honest Mate I really do think that was because someone else broke their promise to him. When they did Mel didn’t have the readies ready at short notice. He either had to sell something or borrow cash against his other assets .. which he did ...and the players got paid. 

I think he got stuffed by some shiny suits. It was embarrassing but he faced the music and coughed up. He didn’t have money in his wallet so had to drive home and get some from the piggy bank which took a while, but there was money for Derby in the piggy bank

2 hours ago, TomBustler1884 said:

A few Twitter rumours floating around regards an announcement tomorrow about ownership, potentially a US group this time.

Probably nonsense, but we will see.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

One rumour, to be fair, and a bunch of echoes and questions.

Well embed it on here so we can all see; we've not heard from Barry the Ram for a while.

6 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Well embed it on here so we can all see; we've not heard from Barry the Ram for a while.

It’s not actually Barry. It’s a middle aged bloke who does the paintings. Not saying it isn’t complete tosh, but everybody gets a chance. The cryptic stuff pees me off though.

3 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

It’s not actually Barry. It’s a middle aged bloke who does the paintings. Not saying it isn’t complete tosh, but everybody gets a chance. The cryptic stuff pees me off though.

It's not Banksy is it? He could knock up a few murals which could get us a few sovs.

2 hours ago, EraniosSocks said:

Does every club have a load of people who write cryptic tweets and then say things like “can’t say” or “wait until tomorrow” in the tweets or is it just Derby?

I know it’s the school holidays mind...

can’t say,  wait till tomorrow, it’s big, can’t wait, good source but don’t want to lose their trust, don’t usually get this type of info but  . Insert a flag of choice, this time it’s  ?? 

that’s how it usually goes