Yankee Doodle Derby

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

But they won't do it because we are a one club city or a founder member of the Football League.

Who has said they will? 

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

But this is, like most discussion on here, a pretty meaningless exchange

LOL - ok mate. I mean if folk discussing stuff with you is so meaningless then you could always refrain from posting. Not sure why you're defensive, nor why you're so dismissive of people's opinions when they don't match your own. Anyway, sorry to have bothered you with my meaningless posts! ?‍♀️?

Edited by 86 Hair Islands
TYPOS

18 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Let's take emotion out of the equation for a moment; in the good times; we can sell over 30,000 tickets for games. Derby is effectively a one club City; we are a founder member of the football league who have twice topped the pile; we have a large and loyal fan-base and a comparatively rich footballing history.

Furthermore, I'd venture it is the very fact that we are in such a mess that makes us an attractive proposition. I struggle with the fact that so many fans are unable to grasp the notion that you buy stock when it's cheap, not when it's already peaked. Why one shitty season, when we've been challenging for promotion for nigh on 10 years now, is being taken as the only viable metric.

Who said it? Nobody....

55 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

LOL - ok mate. I mean if folk discussing stuff with you is so meaningless then you could always refrain from posting. Not sure why you're defensive, nor why you're so dismissive of people's opinions when they don't match your own. Anyway, sorry to have bothered you with my meaningless posts! ?‍♀️?

BTW - you do seem to feel strongly I am either aggressively defensive or dismissive of your views and unhappy to accept any point of view other than my own. Yes, I have a view and I agree it's unlikely to undertake a road to Damascus style transformation but please don't be in any doubt I'm not that bothered if you hold a different point of view (other than debating back and forth with an anonymous avatar on some forum in my spare time). As for refraining from posting - yeah, I'd worked that one out but thx for the suggestion.

46 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Who said it? Nobody....

Christ on a bike! I've said it's a facet of the club that might make us attractive to potential buyers not that they'll buy us exclusively for that reason. It's all there in the very post you've quoted! Anyways, clearly this is annoying other posters now so I'd best leave it there.

35 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Christ on a bike! I've said it's a facet of the club that might make us attractive to potential buyers not that they'll buy us exclusively for that reason. It's all there in the very post you've quoted! Anyways, clearly this is annoying other posters now so I'd best leave it there.

Did I say exclusively? No, I didn't. Probably better if you read what is written and react on that, not on how it landed in your mind - it will probably help all on here not to have to trawl through pages of bickering on interpretation.

13 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Is Leeds finishing 9th in their first season back in the premiership is also another strange stellar alignment, never to be repeated too? Just wanted to check what aspirations are acceptable and which are not ?

Let's be honest here. Nobody is suggesting that we're going to do a Leicester and top the Premiership, only that there are as many plausible reasons for us securing an owner who is a good fit, as not. We're probably due a change of luck anyway, for those that believe in such things.

Honestly, I think it's very odd that something so simple is such a massive stretch for you, but if a half empty glass is you tipple of preference, so be it. Perhaps pessimism is how you insulate yourself from the bumps in the road, who knows, but not everyone wants to think that way and no matter how dismissive you choose to be, it wont change the fact that you've been presented with arguments that are every bit as plausible as your own. 

And FWIW, even if the possibilities being mooted were as outlandish as you portray, others will still dare to dream, irrespective of the outcomes and no matter how much anyone rubbishes the club or sneers at their relentless optimism. Why? Simply because for many, the dream is what being a supporter is all about.

Exactly this for me ... yes this is what it’s all about. DCFC supporter since boyhood. Now a bloke pushing 60 and yes my head tells me we are in a mess, a shambles of a club & the big time is as far away as it’s ever been BUT to follow the Rams is in your blood and if there’s nothing to strive for, to dream to achieve then what is the point. To look forward to the days when you can introduce the mighty Rams to the grandkids and accompany them to the games, to see the excitement on their faces, this is what I look forward to. Yes, I may be a sentimental old fool but it’s the escapism from the stress & strains of everyday life that draws you to the dream. Is my heart ruling my head ABSOLUTELY .... but if the dreams & aspirations are nothing but fantasy and we accept that they are a million miles away then what is the point??

37 minutes ago, Gisby said:

Exactly this for me ... yes this is what it’s all about. DCFC supporter since boyhood. Now a bloke pushing 60 and yes my head tells me we are in a mess, a shambles of a club & the big time is as far away as it’s ever been BUT to follow the Rams is in your blood and if there’s nothing to strive for, to dream to achieve then what is the point. To look forward to the days when you can introduce the mighty Rams to the grandkids and accompany them to the games, to see the excitement on their faces, this is what I look forward to. Yes, I may be a sentimental old fool but it’s the escapism from the stress & strains of everyday life that draws you to the dream. Is my heart ruling my head ABSOLUTELY .... but if the dreams & aspirations are nothing but fantasy and we accept that they are a million miles away then what is the point??

@eezzeetigerthanks for taking the time to read my post mate. With your reaction I think you miss my point. You can substitute DCFC\the mighty Rams with any football club you like buddy. I’m sure even you lot down the A52 aspire to better things. We are all part of the bigger football family regardless of our allegiances & rivalries, who want the best for our respective clubs. I respect your dreams for your team as I do the dreams for supporters of any other club. Isn’t that why we are all here??

Edited by Gisby

10 minutes ago, Gisby said:

@eezzeetigerthanks for taking the time to read my post mate. With your reaction I think you miss my point. You can substitute DCFC\the mighty Rams with any football club you like buddy. I’m sure even you lot down the A52 aspire to better things. We are all part of the bigger football family regardless of our allegiances & rivalries, who want the best for our respective clubs. I respect your dreams for your team as I do the dreams for supporters of any other club. Isn’t that why we are all here??

Don’t be too disappointed with @eezzeetigerreaction. He probably did try to press ❤️ rather than ? but it must be bloody difficult with a six fingered hand and his two sisters sitting on each knee.

1 hour ago, Gisby said:

Look what happened to    L€€ds...they were in the wilderness for a long time. The wheel turns , we WILL be back but I think its going to be a while. Keep the faith.