Yankee Doodle Derby

2 hours ago, Gisby said:

@eezzeetigerthanks for taking the time to read my post mate. With your reaction I think you miss my point. You can substitute DCFC\the mighty Rams with any football club you like buddy. I’m sure even you lot down the A52 aspire to better things. We are all part of the bigger football family regardless of our allegiances & rivalries, who want the best for our respective clubs. I respect your dreams for your team as I do the dreams for supporters of any other club. Isn’t that why we are all here??

I just hope and pray that we shall have a Derby county to return too but it is the love for Derby county that we all have that keeps us going.

11 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Are we billionaires yet?

Not yet, think Mel is worth 560 million, so half way there, do not worry Mel will always look after us, he would never put us at risk off being in financial hardship, oh wait a minute , he did not even pay the players or staff over the Christmas period, how could a Derby fan man and boy do this to his home town club. Sorry if i up set the Mel fan club with my honest opinions. 

12 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Not yet, think Mel is worth 560 million, so half way there, do not worry Mel will always look after us, he would never put us at risk off being in financial hardship, oh wait a minute , he did not even pay the players or staff over the Christmas period, how could a Derby fan man and boy do this to his home town club. Sorry if i up set the Mel fan club with my honest opinions. 

Well actually he was waiting for funds go in over first take over in the end they were paid.

2 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

This so called US consortium to take over our club as gone very quiet again. Is it another fake group? 

It’s never really been public like the previous two ‘takeovers’, and to be honest, I think that’s probably a good sign.

Let things get sorted privately been respectful businessmen, no hype seeking social media posts from potential owners, no drama, just getting down to business.

Well, that’s what I’m hoping is happening behind the scenes.

3 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

This so called US consortium to take over our club as gone very quiet again. Is it another fake group? 

If it's true Rooney favoured the American consortium then he either knows the bidders himself or at least knew they were serious bidders who can give him what he needs this summer. You would think the bidders are credible, it's just whether Mel accepts the deal on the table.

We just have to hope something is done soon as Rooney seems to suggest he has plans ready to put in place, I'm guessing this will be players, his staff etc. 

4 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

It’s been over a week. Nothing has been officially confirmed either. Doesn’t mean it’s dead or fake. Just probably more likely the club not saying anything until it’s 100% after being burnt twice. 

7 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

It’s been over a week. Nothing has been officially confirmed either. Doesn’t mean it’s dead or fake. Just probably more likely the club not saying anything until it’s 100% after being burnt twice. 

The club has said nothing of any substance for over a year now. Perhaps being open and honest with the fans might work this time ?

I would prefer the deal to be signed and sealed and have EFL approval before being announced to the fans. This will avoid 100’S of pages of speculation. The main thing is to get it completed on time to have a good pre season and transfer window ( if no embargo). Transfer activity will be delayed because of the Euros which will buy some more time.

8 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

The club has said nothing of any substance for over a year now. Perhaps being open and honest with the fans might work this time ?

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I really don't know what you can expect the club to say about ongoing takeover discussions. If you're specifically referring to the two failed takeovers, what could they say in public? We're having huge doubts about the prospective buyers, they seem like tyre kickers or even complete tools? They've announced prospective deals, and announced when they've fallen through. That's at least sufficient for me. Then again, I am a happy clapper.

4 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I would prefer the deal to be signed and sealed and have EFL approval before being announced to the fans. This will avoid 100’S of pages of speculation. The main thing is to get it completed on time to have a good pre season and transfer window ( if no embargo). Transfer activity will be delayed because of the Euros which will buy some more time.

Oooh, who are we going to sign? Lewandowski, Harry Kane......? ?

oh ??, I've just remembered Erik's not taking us over after all.

17 minutes ago, richinspain said:

On the subject of Eric or Erik, whatever happened to him? Did he ever resurface on Twitter, has he spoken since he was shamefully embarrassed over that property tweet and since the club confirmed they could no longer consider his bid.

He seemed so sure of himself.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

On the subject of Eric or Erik, whatever happened to him? Did he ever resurface on Twitter, has he spoken since he was shamefully embarrassed over that property tweet and since the club confirmed they could no longer consider his bid.

He seemed so sure of himself.

No one I have spoken to over here has ever heard of him, so not surprisingly his silence is not considered very deafening here. Maybe the radio and newspapers that did interviews with him when the story broke will chase him up at some point. I'm not holding my breath however.

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

We're buying James 'nul point' Newman. 

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’ve heard some gossip that Dell is trying to leverage himself into the deal, hence it dragging on. 

Probably just gossip. Dell himself wasn't involved previously. We just borrowed money from a financial company he's part of. We're probably a speck of dust in his world in reality. He'd have more fun setting his money on fire than spending it on us.