Yankee Doodle Derby

8 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Genuine question, I've seen one or two people mention the word Disney with regards the takeover, is there a link to Disney and who is buying Derby, or is it just a reference to the last American takeover we had when it was falsley reported we were being purchased by Walt himself?

Or some other Mickey Mouse operation?

8 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Think the Disney family are part of the Portsmouth ownership group so doubt they will be involved 

I don't know how rich Walt Disneys descendants are, but none of them are involved with the Disney company or with Portsmouth.

The guy who owns Portsmouth used to be the CEO of disney, but thats as far as the link goes with the disney family.

Edited by GenBr

16 hours ago, GenBr said:

I don't know how rich Walt Disneys descendants are, but none of them are involved with the Disney company or with Portsmouth.

I think they still own 3% of the company - Which would equate to about 6 billion as of last year...

Admittedly that's probably spread across quite a few people now so I doubt any of them is worth more than a few hundred million - Depressing when you think that's 'not much' by the standard of modern football owners

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I think they still own 3% of the company - Which would equate to about 6 billion as of last year...

Admittedly that's probably spread across quite a few people now so I doubt any of them is worth more than a few hundred million - Depressing when you think that's 'not much' by the standard of modern football owners

I believe it's Micheal Eisner, former Chairman/CEO of Disney. He is usually credited with revitalising Disney in the late 80s and through the 90s.  Lost his position in the mid 2000s to Bob Iger who just moved over to Bob Chapek and is supposedly taking a serious look at running for the US presidency.

18 hours ago, GenBr said:

The guy who owns Portsmouth used to be the CEO of disney, but thats as far as the link goes with the disney family.

Be about right for us to be owned by someone with an affiliation to Micky mouse lol

1 hour ago, RammingStone66 said:

I believe it's Micheal Eisner, former Chairman/CEO of Disney. He is usually credited with revitalising Disney in the late 80s and through the 90s.  Lost his position in the mid 2000s to Bob Iger who just moved over to Bob Chapek and is supposedly taking a serious look at running for the US presidency.

Eisner is/was involved with Portsmouth yes

I was just addressing the question of whether the Disney family own any of Disney these days - Which I think is yes, but a minority share of 3%