Yankee Doodle Derby

On 29/05/2021 at 11:42, kevinhectoring said:

The finance company that lent to us is the vehicle that manages his wealth I think. His clever analysts will have learned a lot about us when they made the loan and they will have been receiving constant updates. Likely any new buyer will have to talk to MSD before proceeding and if Dell thinks we’re going for a song surely he’d think about it. Given it’s a fire sale any buyer makes a killing if we get promotion.  I guess if he bought us, MSD would have to sell some of its loans to other clubs but I’d imagine that’s not a big deal 

For me there's no chance of this. Dell knows owning a Championship club is a mug's fame. That's why they're prepared to lend money to them at fantastically high interest rates and make a killing. 

It would be madness to throw away all their easy profits to go and sit on the other side of the fence and start losing money instead. 

1 hour ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

Don't understand the hate on Nixon? He's probably the 2nd ITK source we have after Percy. I don't like his constant highlighting every person he blocks... but then I'm not subject to the abuse he gets!! 

From what I understand, it doesn't take a lot for him to block someone. I also think he simply rehashes a lot of stuff rather than being particularly ITK. He's also incredibly vague in most cases which smacks of someone knowing the square root of FA. Likes the attention, but can't handle a bit of banter IMO. Percy seems to try to limit his commentary to stuff he's pretty certain about but I've noticed even he has slipped towards the clickbait end of the scale recently. In all honesty, they all come across as a bit narcissistic these days.

8 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Writing unsubstantiated theories and spouting about random things online in an attempt to gain attention...I perish the thought! ?

I love how the internet has made such endeavours available to everyone.

I might change my twitter bio to "No1 source for football rumours that are totally true and weird facts about how your entire reality is really a sinister plot by Bill gates/Jeff Bezos/George Soros/"

And then block anyone who doesn't act like I'm a mystical soothsayer or disagrees with me.

On 04/06/2021 at 22:03, Carl Sagan said:

For me there's no chance of this. Dell knows owning a Championship club is a mug's fame. That's why they're prepared to lend money to them at fantastically high interest rates and make a killing. 

It would be madness to throw away all their easy profits to go and sit on the other side of the fence and start losing money instead. 

Our club is on the block for peanuts. We have recently come close to promotion despite having average player recruiting  (Lampard’s loans excepted). In non covid times, well run, we should more than break even. And with strong player recruitment and a strong chief executive, we have a decent chance of promotion in the next 5 years. What would you estimate is the return on investment if we make the PL and stay there? Must be massive.  And if we don’t gain promotion, and the club is run well, you won’t lose money. If an investor has a good management team, and is investing a fraction of his net worth, why not ? 

20 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Our club is on the block for peanuts. We have recently come close to promotion despite having average player recruiting  (Lampard’s loans excepted). In non covid times, well run, we should more than break even. And with strong player recruitment and a strong chief executive, we have a decent chance of promotion in the next 5 years. What would you estimate is the return on investment if we make the PL and stay there? Must be massive.  And if we don’t gain promotion, and the club is run well, you won’t lose money. If an investor has a good management team, and is investing a fraction of his net worth, why not ? 

I love your optimism but I honestly wonder if any championship clubs make a profit. Well run or not. I can’t see an income much beyond 30 million. Deduct player wages, running costs and transfers not much left ! 
Who in this league (parachute recipients apart) turns a profit ? I suppose you might get a tightly run Luton or recently promoted league 1 outfit or maybe someone who got a big sale to the prem, but ordinary trading profit ? Very few